Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Nice work so far. Thanks to the THIA members who contributed to the translating by donating. I can't wait for the next chapter.

Do any of the RE Perry novels read like this by any chance? Do they give some insight into events in the RE timeline and can they be considered canon? Just reading this translation makes me want to read up on more Resident Evil literature.

PS- You can't hate Chris. He has tree trunk arms capable of decapitating people. How cool is that. I am sure he secretly loves Jill too. lol
    Last edited by CubanOlive07; 02-01-2009 at 05:53 AM.

Banned

I've read the Re1 and 2 S.D. Perry books and am now reading Nemesis, So far they have definatley been worth the read. Depends how much you know about the franchise if you dont know much yeah it will explain alot if your up to date with the series you still get a few new things so yeah definatley worth the read mate. I dont hate Chris just thought he was abit of a cocky arrogant dick in this story. Also in the Viral Campagin vids he's an ass, they never really gave much to his character nothing to do with him just Capcom cant write for him.

Overly Old School

Quote Originally Posted by CubanOlive07 View Post
    Do any of the RE Perry novels read like this by any chance? Do they give some insight into events in the RE timeline and can they be considered canon? Just reading this translation makes me want to read up on more Resident Evil literature.
    No, they're not canon and any information you get from them needs to be taken with a fair pinch of salt. Essentially, the author may have got some behind the scenes info from Capcom but she probably made a lot up as well, so it's not something you can trust unless you can confirm it.

For example, her version of Jill is the daughter of a thief and an ex-cat burglar, hence why she can pick locks. In the canon she's an ex-member of Delta Force instead.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dot50Cal View Post
    Just looking at the quality on the opening sentence speaks volumes as to the care that was (or rather wasn't) taken:

"Whenever the phone rings in the middle of the night. I know someone's dead who wasn't dead the day before."

Thats just..really random and bad.
    lol that's hilariosly bad dialoge, it's like RE1's voice acting, i would love to get a copy of the english version just to see more RE1 style corny dialoge.

#00 Red Herb

I was under the impression that his being a dick in the book was a result of his failing to properly cope with the events that had transpired around him.

Anyway. It's good to here that the project's going to be picking up the pace. One chapter a year was a bit too long a wait for me.

Hey dot, how long must we wait till we can read the next chapters? Thanks for the hard work from all involved, it is a wonder for RE fans

War Horse Uranium

Gotta check in with Carn. He's doing a once over on the whole thing now, so when he gives it back I can start making the pages.

The whole things been re-checked, and errors have been fixed. So we'll be republishing the whole thing from scratch again.

thanks for the reply, and for the work put in it.

THIA Staff

Yeah. I'm in the midst of doing a full pass on the entire thing. It's going a bit slow, as the rest of the guys like to distract me a lot + oddly enough, since I've currently don't have too much work to do these days I'm spending my time reading a lot of random educational stuff and stuff (out of boredom), which oddly enough takes a lot of energy (wow! Who would've thought "not working" could eat away your energy?)

Anyway, It shouldn't be long until I've gone through the entire thing. If you're wondering why we're going back to the start; it's because there was some rather... awkward lines (even a couple of odd mistakes) that snuck themselves in, 'cause they were somehow missed in the initial proofreading (think we were just very eager to put things up online or something). Also, stuff in the Japanese version of the book has been checked up against the Japanese text in the games. This we're doing to so we can what the English versions of the games had. Enabling us to make sure that terms/translations are consistent with official English works.

Hope this is not making it sound like it's gonna be the most epic project ever, but it's just to give you an idea of how much effort we've felt like putting into things (You know... just to get it "right" in a way that we're happy with and somewhat proud of)

Great to hear that guys, can't wait. And thanks for the good work
    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Dot says:
    Rumor has it that soon after the release Capcom began recalling the books from store shelves for unknown reasons. Its estimated that a large number of books however are still in circulation however the exact amount of which is unknown. It should be noted that the books themselves have stamped numbers identifying their unique line in the production. Another rumor which persists relates to the Biohazard game that was packed in with the book. Sources say that the game was a modified version which contained more shots during the opening FMV sequence as well as some other longer FMV sequences throughout the game. This rumor however is unsubstantiated, so please bear that in mind. Unfortunately this is all I can gather based on the book at this time. Its very hard tracking someone down who is currently in the community who has knowledge of such an old release.
    Sorry to bring 'this' up again but I also have heard rumors...

Re: the Saturn Biohazard Hong Kong release (a limited collector's version)
    Rumored to contain:
    TRUE STORY BEHIND BIOHAZARD with extra pages.
    'Doom Book 1' with additional pages from Trevor's Diary (different to Trevor's notes).
    Cardboard cover.
    This version had lots of Cantonese newly written material, written by a Chinese dude. It was never released by Capcom Japan but was allowed in the HK version.
    The game contained 'REAL SURVIVAL MODE'. A director's cut type mode with extra cut scenes and live action that only ever appeared in this version.
    Possibly 'Bio Hazard Director’s Cut Limited disc', Copyrighted by Capcom/Virgin interactive & game one.

Also I'm not sure if it's the same thing but have you heard about a 'Cantonese Hong Kong comic edition'?
    And a 'Doom Book 2' which was sold separately?

Please don't shoot the messenger. I'm just throwing it out there and have no proof for or against.
    Because of my keen interest in the HK comics and HK Biohazard collectibles, this grabbed my attention. Capcom did indeed allow the release of a number of things inside HK that were never approved or released in other parts of the world (including Japan), so it's not completely out of the realms of possibility...

War Horse Uranium

Yeah, that guy was here for a short while. I'm not sure if he was banned or he just left but whatever he was saying was total bullshit. Even if there was a modified version, it would have been fan made. Capcom wouldn't publish a separate version with different files like that.

But you said that there may have been a first version that was released in Japan but was quickly removed from the shelves and replaced with the version we now know.
    I figured that 'maybe' that first version was the one also sold in HK... (if such an alternate version does exist).

I found this being sold. It dosn't come with any book or extras but it states that it's the "First Edition/Release" of the game.
    I havn't seen that red diamond thingy on the cover before (but I havn't been researching this for long). Could this be one of the rare versions?
    If not, do you have any pics of the very first release?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BioSS-front.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	2535   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BioSS-back.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	2536  

War Horse Uranium

Those are stickers, usually.

Hi, im new here and im a huge fan of RE/BH and i got a question how many chapters are there in this book?

War Horse Uranium

Seven chapters, not including Trevor's Notes and the Shinji Mikami interview.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-01-2009 at 09:18 PM.

Default True story behind biohazard book

The limited printed edition of true story behind biohazard was the version that DOT50CAL described, it could have been shipped from Hong Kong or Bangkok, Thailand, and this special printed version did not have the removable blue & red cover like the Japanese jacket. It was printed on with a REVERSED GOLDEN EAGLE RIGHT FACED, not LEFT (the logo was uneven) and no CAPCOM LOGO on FRONT package or BACK. Also contained extra pages that were printed between the “Biohazard the beginning” and the “Words from producers on the game bio hazard” this artwork contained added information on STARS tactics on how they would operate on a mission example STARS – MANOEUVRES and STARS –ATTACK. Not very interesting but still a collectable for all. It contained a few pages of examples of STARS OPERATIONS TACTICS of this (note the pages were cropped wrong & in B&W) It contained orange & red, instead of yellow & white colouring in the pictures of the book “Biohazard the beginning” It contained some alternative artwork added to “Trevor notes” or maybe it was the story was extended. These issues all contained STAMPS on the FRONT or BACK of the book. I am not sure where from, but it had Asian pressed ink writing stamped on it. It had a date labelled 7.23.97, the game was released on the 7.24.97 in Japan.
    Last edited by chris26; 04-17-2009 at 08:58 AM.

#48 Executioner

2 days before the official release, I smell BS.
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

Mad Jackal

Those STARS tactics pages sound like the ones out of Inside of Bio-Hazard. (This book)

Please, show me some pictures, I have never seen this inside of biohazard book version before, maybe they re-released those pages!

Thread Information