Hosting Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosting Upgrades

Well, this is quite a nice surprise. Our server was upgraded tonight and we now have 10 times the space and bandwidth. This means now, we have 200GB of space (rediculous!) and 2136GB of bandwidth. What does this mean? Well, considering we barely hit 5% on the previous videos I hosted it probably means were set for life . I dont think were going to have any hosting issues in the future as 200GB is quite enough to fit all the plans I have for THIA.

Hey, I've got an idea! How about letting me have some of the website?

Comment

Hosting....interesting. >_>

Ahahaha. JUst kidding. Nice news though.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikovich View Post
        Hey, I've got an idea! How about letting me have some of the website?
        What would you use it for?

And Nemmy, its awesome news because this pretty much means we can host other sites as much as we want !
        Last edited by Dot50Cal; 10-04-2006, 09:27 AM.

Comment

You should try Dreamhost. They have very good prices and a huge bandwith every month.

Comment

I gotta ask: how much do you pay for that? Because while I need nothing like that, I know some folks who do. And they're constantly going bankrupt trying to pay for about half of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
              You should try Dreamhost. They have very good prices and a huge bandwith every month.
              That is where THIA is located now.

Dreamhost grossly oversells their servers though... literally thousands of websites could be on one server. You get what you pay for I guess.

There *is* a "Strictly Business Hosting" plan that they offer, which gives you everything in the shared hosting plan, but your own dedicated server that nobody else is on. But at nearly $400 per month, it's really only useful for a business with mission-critical data.

~Weed
              Last edited by Weed; 10-04-2006, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Hey Weed, nice to see you again

Yeah, were on Dreamhost right now. I cant recall the exact price off hand but its fairly cheap for what they offer. Theres been a huge amount of downtime over the past few months thanks to a bunch of problems but everything seems to be shaping up now ok.

Comment

Working...
                X