1) Chris and Jill modified their Samurai Edges following 2003, when bioterrorism became prominent.
2) Leon's handgun is an amaglamation of the USP, SOCOM and P8... and is designed by someone previously involved with S.T.A.R.S.
3) Umbrella has an anti-B.O.W. weapons manufacturer, a subsidiary.
4) Wesker likes to steal weapon specifications as well, and use the name of the weapon as part of his master plan.
5) A Samurai Edge found its way to a religious person, with a cryptic inscription.
6) Rebecca's Samurai Edge is not a custom weapon, it is a normal M92F with a paint job.
7) Barry and Chris liked to drink at J's Bar. When Chris had just joined S.T.A.R.S. at the age of 24, Barry showed him a prototype of his Colt Anaconda.
8) HUNK's actual nickname is "God of Death".
9) The Umbrella Security Service was tasked with the protection of company executives and facilities, but had much more covert missions.
10) With the rise of bioterrorism, police and military units worldwide began manufacturing custom weapons to deal with B.O.W.s
11) The gun Chris uses in the first RE5 trailer is called the "Saber", and is one of the above weapons, and actually canon.
Project Umbrella feature coming soon.