This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nikovich View Post
    I don't know, try looking up and seeing if I did. Ah, I haven't posted since I last said I probably could, so I guess I didn't.

Yeah, it shows Kenneth's head rolling to the floor from the view behind the zombie I believe. That scene I'm pretty sure about, but I'm positive about Chris smoking. If they were Japanese versions, they would be called Biohazard, wouldn't they?
    Well i have the standard US version and the US Dual Shock versions of Resident Evil here, and none of them show him smoking.

NONE of the US versions show Kenneths head rolling on the floor either.
    I actually double checked them all with the FMV viewer in my Action Replay Pro last night, and they are fully censored.

Originally posted by Resident Evil Directors Cut
    The North American and European releases were marketed as featuring the original, uncensored footage as seen in the Japanese releases. However, the FMV sequences were unchanged from the previous western releases and were still censored. Capcom claimed the omission was the result of a localization mistake made by the developers and offered the uncensored intro as a free download from their website as an appeasement. Despite this, Capcom made no attempt to correct the mistake when the Dual Shock version (see below) of the game was produced, which featured a new soundtrack in addition to the Dual Shock support. French and German PAL versions of the Director's Cut feature the uncensored FMVs, in colored versions.
    If i remember right though i am sure that one version contains the scene of Chris smoking but the rest is censored, but i can't remember which one. Its either the standard US Directors cut or the European Resident Evil PC(this is more likely), but i could be wrong on that.

And the reason its called Resident Evil in the West is because of some US Rock Band who are called Biohazard funnily enough
    The same reason Fear Factor was renamed Fear Effect, because the band Fear Factory complained that it sounded too much like their name.
    Last edited by Cyber_Shinobi; 11-10-2006, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Well I just found my copy of Dual Shock and it's got Chris lighting up a cigarette when the cheesy announcer says "CHRIS REDFIELD!" I'll post pics soon.

And I wouldn't want my game to have the same name as the band that brought us "Bring the noise."

Comment

Originally posted by Nikovich View Post
        Well I just found my copy of Dual Shock and it's got Chris lighting up a cigarette when the cheesy announcer says "CHRIS REDFIELD!" I'll post pics soon.

And I wouldn't want my game to have the same name as the band that brought us "Bring the noise."
        Well as i said, i own the US version of the Dual Shock Edition and it most definitely doesn't show Chris lighting up. I'm watching the intro again now

Maybe its the standard Directors Cut you saw Chris lighting up on. The only Dual Shock Edition that shows Chris lighting up is Zorlons Mod.

Just wondering, is the intro with the helicopter on your copy in colour or black & white?
        Last edited by Cyber_Shinobi; 11-10-2006, 02:26 PM.

Comment

The intro is in black and white, but that part is in color.

Comment

The Standard US Director's Cut had the uncut intro in Black and white?

Comment

Originally posted by Nike View Post
              The Standard US Director's Cut had the uncut intro in Black and white?

No

All US console versions of Resident Evil, be it Standard, Directors Cut or Dual Shock Edition are FULLY CENSORED.
              Theres no gory dog scene, no Chris smoking, and no Kenneths head falling and rolling on the floor. And we'll end it on that note

Comment

I see. It's the same as the Japanese censored version of Resident Evil 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Nike View Post
                  I see. It's the same as the Japanese censored version of Resident Evil 4.
                  No, its the same as the PAL censored version of Resident Evil, Resident Evil 4 is a different game

I know what you mean lol

The Germans had to put up with green blood in there Resident Evils, yet for some strange reason, in a country so heavy on videogame censorship, they ended up getting a fully uncut version of Resident Evil Directors Cut

Comment

Can you show us the Japanese Dual Shock intro of Resident Evil?

Comment

This is the Biohazard intro. Can't find the Biohazard Dual Shock intro..
                      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I think the only difference is the vocals, which were cut from the Western release and all later Japanese releases.

Notice how it shows the severed hand in full, Joseph getting savaged, the Zombie dogs getting blasted...

3 FMV scenes are actually censored in the Western release. The intro, the encounter with the first zombie, and Chris' Solo Ending.

Comment

I know I've watched it. If you can show us the Japanese Dual Shock Intro, then try shopping it on Ebay.

Comment

Do you know how much the Japanese Dual Shock version costs on Ebay?

It comes with the Biohazard Complete Disc and sells for quite a bit of cash these days...

Anyway, no need to shop for it on Ebay since i already own it

Comment

You mean the Japanese version, right?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Well use it as a download. so we can watch it.
                                Last edited by Guest; 11-12-2006, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X