Forums should run a bit faster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forums should run a bit faster

I moved all our attachments out of the database so we won't be getting raped now. Took us down from nearly 1GB DB to 200MB So backing shit up will be a lot easier as well

Noticed a difference right away when I logged on tonight. Good shit!

Comment

I've just been trying to upload a pic as an attachment but it's not working.
      The image is all f**ked up when I looked at the preview, so I didn't post it.
      I tried several times but it was messed up each time...

Any idea why this is happening, Mr.President, Sir?

Comment

That problem's happened several times in the RE1 playthrough topic too.

Out of curiosity, what format is the picture in? (Let's see if we can find a little moment of time to try to debug this issue a little and solve it)

Comment

^The pic was a 'jpg' and 173kb.
          After uploading it had thick, blocky broken lines across the middle and the lower half was kinda out of wack (technical terms).
          It happened 4 times...

Then I tried a smaller different pic (92kb) and the bottom half of that was out of wack and look liked it had some sort of crazy filter applied.

I thought it might be caused by my slow upload speed. Maybe it dosn't happen if your upload speed is fast enough?

It never used to happen before but I noticed here, Dot says he moved the attachment database. So this means the attachments are hosted somewhere else? I figure this may have something to do with it...

Comment

Can you try to use PNG and see if it happens there too?

+Try to re-upload the original picture again too now.

I noticed something that might be part of the problem (multiple entries for jpeg file size limitations, where one of them had a lower max size than the rest)

Comment

Testing with another jpg...

Nope, look what happened.

edit: I just tried it in PNG but it wouldn't load. Said it contained errors.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Skunky; 01-13-2010, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Strange... I'll try to look at it again sometime soon-ishly. I can't promise anything, but it might require Dot50Cal to do some voodoo.

Comment

AFAIK this is unfixable. Ever since we changed servers the image upload has been wonky as fuck.

Comment

Oh, that's a shame...
                    I always liked using the attachment feature here, because people could read a thread without being 'forced' to download large pics. The thumbnails were a very nice touch.

I guess I can use a host like 'tinypic' as an alternative.

Anyhoo, I appreciate all the work you (Dot, Carnival etc.) put into this site.
                    (No, I'm not being sarcastic )

Comment

Yeah... I'm still not able to see what the problem really is.

It doesn't seem to retroactively affect any of the old attachments in the DB, and it doesn't happen to all new ones, only some.

[edit]

Nothing seemed to break here... (attachments deleted)

Think you might have to try to just re-attach the image, should it break (Edit - > Go Advanced -> Manage Attachments -> Remove -> Reupload)
                      Last edited by Carnivol; 01-14-2010, 12:07 AM.

Comment

When I get some cash, we'll update the boards (still undecided if we'll move to VB4, since that might mess a lot of stuff up). Hopefully that'll fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                          When I get some cash
                          Sell me some stuff, sucker!
                          Last edited by Anders; 01-15-2010, 02:23 AM.
                          lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                            When I get some cash, we'll update the boards (still undecided if we'll move to VB4, since that might mess a lot of stuff up). Hopefully that'll fix it.
                            I'll send you some dough if you pretend to be my BFF , hopefully the kinks will work themselves out after some time(and money).
                            "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                            Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Working...
                            X