PS3 Preorder...madness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 Preorder...madness?

While this isnt an RE update at all, I figured some people might be interested.

Clarification:

You bought a place in line for the PS3. This was confirmed by a document which they handed you. IE If they get in 8 units and your #8 who preordered, your golden.

Anway, I left my house at about 9:26AM and I was rushing the whole way up. I kept surveying cars thinking they might be going up there too. Group of college kids..damn they are ahead of me!...Great, they turned into Lowes!

So I get up there, camera ready...as I turn the corner!!!

! Not many YES! Closer:

So we talk for a while, discuss how micro transactions suck, etc etc. Then we get to how they got there:

The latino dude was there since 11PM (which I doubt, as my report showed last night). But he was probaly there for a while. He was a funny dude.

The three kids in chairs arrived next and slept. Then came this dude from the other EB, who seen there was already 8 people at that store.

Next up was a woman who was "getting paid for this" XD

Then finally I arrived, lucky number 7 (although it would later turn out that I was infact 6th, because one of the three kids didnt buy anything!!)

Their mother showed up next and got behind me, then this dude who was left in the cold at the other EB. By this time the doors opened and we piled in. As you can see from the last pic, a TON of stragglers made their way in. I feel sorry for em

I was number 6, so barring any horrible incident Im virtually assured!

Document:

Last edited by Dot50Cal; 10-16-2006, 04:49 PM.

PS3 ;_; God knows when I can finally pre-order one seeing as they put them back. I was going to pre-order a Wii the other day but they wanted £20 which I wasn't willing to give them. make sure to get us some sexy launch night/day photos

Comment

I'm not bothering preordering one myself, just gonna wait awhile this time.

Remember when i preordered my PS2 preorder form
      I got there at about 8:30am expecting there to be a huge queue, and there was about 8ppl there.

Comment

I might wait on it as well.. The Wii seems like its going to be only affordable next gen console as of right now Would love to see some new pictures though once the time comes if Your going to take some XD
        Last edited by Hunk_4TH; 10-10-2006, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Pre-orders are closed now, and people are still not guaranteed a console at launch. Reminds me the PS2 launch too in here (Toronto); the lineups didn't happen until launch day, and many didn't even have consoles reserved.

Of course, I was chuckling away with a buddy in the lines. Him being #4, and me already having a JPN unit

This time, I'd be lucky to get one. Holding out for a Sony corporate store pre-order because of the 2 year extended warranty.

Comment

You are really nuts ppl. LOL I can understand, though, but this is lame, man, like a 500 dozen units for the launch! What a shame! :|

Comment

Yeah.... so Dot, what are you looking frward to on the PS3? Does it have an M, a G, and an S, and maybe a 4 in its name?

Comment

Ps3 sux000rz.
                You should have preordered the Wii

Comment

Me? Still not so sure we even really need a next gen system. Yes, the games look prettier and have more detail, but that, as I understand it, means they take even longer to make, cost more to produce, and are often shorter and less varied. Since shiny graphics are less important, to me, than storyline and gameplay, I'm quite happy with this set of consoles.

So I'm told, at least.

But as far as I'm concerned, I'll probably get a Wii followed by a 360...in a few years, when they're cheaper. I think I'll ignore the PS3 until it gets down to money that's sane, and that might take some time.

Comment

I'm not going to lie, i'll get a Wii on launch, i'll (hopefully) get a PS3 on launch, and eventually i'll get a 360 and any late next-gen arrivals.

Comment

Working...
                    X