"Biohazard Archives Reprint Edition" Available Next Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Biohazard Archives Reprint Edition" Available Next Month

It have just come to my realization that there's an item titled "Biohazard Archives Reprint Edition" on Play-asia. Although it seems to suggest that Capcom is reprinting the Wii game in Japan at first look, the item was actually listed under the Japanese Version Guides section.

I have no idea what to make of this. Is Capcom is releasing a guide for the Wii Resident Evil Archives or something? Either way, the item is scheduled for release next month.

Play-Asia

*UPDATE*
    Thanks to fellow members, it seems that this is the Umbrella The Biohazard Archives Book which was released a while ago, which contain information about the world of the game series.
    *UPDATE*
    Last edited by xfactor; 01-11-2010, 09:38 AM.

The Biohazard Archives BOOK.

Comment

Pages - 352. I doubt that's a guide. From the looks of things, I'd guess it's a reprint of the old Biohazard Archives book.

I hope so, anyway. My dad spilt tea on mine and now they go on eBay for ridiculous prices.

Edit: ahaha Stu, you posted exactly the same image as me while I was typing my post. Great minds think alike, I guess?
      Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 01-10-2010, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Surely just a reprint. The original editions run 352 pages, which means that they probably haven't added anything from Biohazard 4 or Biohazard 5 (or any of the side games for that matter). And if they have, they'd had to have cut something out.
        sigpic

Comment

They may include episodes of RE4 and RE5. Who knows if it will give them time to include South America history (2002).

PS: I haven't the original version, this'll buy absolutely

Comment

It is literally just a reprint. It has the same amount of pages as the original (352) so don't expect any new stuff.
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I spent a good $30 something on the original print. The English translation was filled with a fare share of spelling mistakes and some false data. The spine was also poor and as a result I had to take each page out, hole punch it, and place it in a three-ring binder......the things we RE fans do.

Comment

Yeah, I love how they didn't even bother to change the UBCS back to its original name. It's kind of annoying hearing the exploits of the Umbrella Resident Evil Countermeasure Service.

Comment

This should add a few quid to the original copies of the Archives.

CH-CHING.

Comment

I hope they sell this in the UK! also i hope the price isnt rediculous! ive always wanted the original release but every where i go its like £100 or more which, quite frankly, is a bit much lol. A lot of RE merchandise is a lot these days though hell on Amazons UK store theres a cop of RE3 with a price of £129! now that is crazy.

EDIT

I just found a copy on ebay for 65p haha well it is a bid though so it will most likely go up

I did find another deal in which you get a copy of archives along with a copy of RE1, RE2, RE3, RE:CVX and RE4 limited edition all for £80 lol

anyway its a bit strange that they didnt add in any additional info for the newer games as this would seem to be a big selling point for the book
                    Last edited by I_Am_Nemesis; 01-10-2010, 01:51 PM.

Comment

£100 is fucking ridiculous.

Mine's going for £50!! ANY TAKERS?! hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                        Yeah, I love how they didn't even bother to change the UBCS back to its original name. It's kind of annoying hearing the exploits of the Umbrella Resident Evil Countermeasure Service.
                        Really I never noticed that but I'm not surprised at the misprint.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                          Surely just a reprint. The original editions run 352 pages, which means that they probably haven't added anything from Biohazard 4 or Biohazard 5 (or any of the side games for that matter). And if they have, they'd had to have cut something out.
                          I wouldn't rely on the page count given at PlayAsia. The title is Biohazard Archives: New Revised Edition (like the biohazard 4 Kaitai Shinsho Revised Edition that gained a whopping 50 pages), so it's likely to address the games released since.

Comment

Originally posted by Prime Blue View Post
                            I wouldn't rely on the page count given at PlayAsia. The title is Biohazard Archives: New Revised Edition (like the biohazard 4 Kaitai Shinsho Revised Edition that gained a whopping 50 pages), so it's likely to address the games released since.
                            If they actually did this, I would be spell-bound.

But its highly unlikely. They would have to include content from RE4, RE5, UC and DSC (maybe even Survivor and Dead Aim) if they really wanted to cover everything. That would amount to about 500+ pages.
                            Last edited by News Bot; 01-28-2010, 06:48 AM.
                            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I hope this edition at least fixes typos and adds a little bit more. Of course, the lowered price annoys the hell out of me seeing as I spent so long looking for my copy, only to buy it at around AU$80.

Comment

Working...
                              X