Resident Evil 5 PS3 Patch 2.00 Adds New Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 PS3 Patch 2.00 Adds New Content

As reported earlier a new patch that updates Resident Evil 5 to 2.00 has been released for the PS3 version, the patch adds some of the new content that's supposed to ship with the Alternative/Gold edition including new figurines for Barry and Rebecca (using their REmake models), menu titles for the new episodes that can't be selected just yet and the new costumes. There's still some blacked out figurines and the new costumes can't be selected for use yet either. Watch the new figurines in the youtube video linked.

Resident Evil 5 2.00 Patch Content - Many thanks to Zero38 for the video.

*** Update ***

The video has been taken down by Capcom Ninja's and the firmware update has seemingly been pulled too, so anyone who wasn't lucky enough to get the update while it was live will probably have to wait until March now.

*** End Update ***
    Last edited by A-J; 01-19-2010, 02:04 AM.

omg that's hot! I finally want to donwload this from psnetwork

Comment

There should be an option to remove parts of the clothes. Like Jill's cap in her BSAA outfit or Sheva in her folklore outfit.

Comment

I don't see any patch on my PS3
        Spoiler:

Comment

Yeah, I don't see any patch. I have the NA version of the disc. Maybe it's only on the JP one right now. shame. I put in the game and got excited for nothing.

Comment

What a perfect timing XD I lent the PS3 version to a friend of mine 2 day ago ahah

thank u Zero38!
            Last edited by Sunglasses; 01-15-2010, 09:39 AM.

Comment

BTW, Chris looks HOT HOT HOT in that pose. OMG, what a tease Capcom. If only that stupid chest gear was removeable. I hate how it's so big.

Comment

JILL NUT WANTS TO REMOVE JILL'S CLOTHES SHOCKER!!

Anyway...

I can't believe they'd render next gen models of Barry and Rebecca just for the sake of some extra figurines? Not even Capcom would be that wasteful surely?

Comment

yeah no update on my system either.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post

Anyway...

I can't believe they'd render next gen models of Barry and Rebecca just for the sake of some extra figurines? Not even Capcom would be that wasteful surely?
                    Remake models with (I think) updated resolution. They sure do look better from that video than in GC though. Shows that 8 years later, Remake is still a very beautiful game and the character models are excellent!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post

Anyway...

Actually...I believe those 'high res models' have been sitting in Capcom's vault for years. Capcom used those high res models to create the normal maps which are applied to the in-game low poly models for RE GCN, to make those low poly models look like high poly. This method is still being used on probably all PS3/360 games.

Comment

But the Rebecca model looks slightly different than the one in REmake or Zero. It's like Jill - RE5 model is similar to her REmake model, but you can still tell the difference.

Comment

in any case, im hoping the REUNION includes these characters.
                          REALDEMO

Comment

Originally posted by a STARS member View Post
                            in any case, im hoping the REUNION includes these characters.
                            My god, you know how long I've been waiting to use a Magnum revolver with Barry Burton? Please, Capcom, make it so!

Comment

Barry and Rebecca this could be a hit for an MERC REUNION an exta 2 new charater's it's possible HUNK had no part in RE4's story and yet he still appered in MERC.
                              Last edited by Sephiroth; 01-15-2010, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X