Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biohazard Incubate

Update

Final encoding is running now, this will be about 4-5 hours. The final size of this video is going to be around 800 megs. It will take me about 2 hours to upload a file of this size to the site so you can expect the release to happen at about 7:00PM EST. After that Ill work on scanning the book, and perparing it for a TSBB styled release.

Having just got my copy in I can confirm that from the looks of things this does tell the back story of the village that was hinted at the end of RE4. I'm speaking with Bjorn on this now to see if he can rip through the book so we can get a translation up fast. If all goes well we should have this done by the end of the week.

Ill have the full dvd video up soon thats included with the book. The run time on it is approx 1:20. My impressions of the video thus far are bad. The video is obviously taken through a tv card and to boot they used the PS2 version for all scenes. Since the PS2 version runs in a lower resolution than the Gamecube one it makes things look just bad, especially that its been resized up to 640x480. I cant help but get the feeling that I could have done a better job XD.

Last edited by Dot50Cal; 10-19-2006, 10:59 AM.

Sweet, I want to know what its all about before I buy it.

Comment

The disection will being soon D: Only way to get proper scans for the translation. No word from Bjorn yet, He isnt online.

45 min left on the encode.

Comment

This sounds pretty interesting. Shame about the PS2 cutscenes but its definately better than nothing imho keep up the awesome work and thanks for the update!!
        Last edited by Hunk_4TH; 10-19-2006, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Ok, I screwed up. Ill have to re-encode D: Sorry!

Bjorn will take the book ;) Not sure if donations are needed, likely they wont be as the book is very sparse on text.
          Last edited by Dot50Cal; 10-19-2006, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Uh. oh what went wrong?

Comment

I used an audio track that was 1:34 (trailers at the end) and a video which was 1:22. It was all messed up

Comment

The slightly lower resolution of the cutscenes was a bit of an odd surprise, especially that realtime stuff runs at 480i/p. MPEG Sofdec as a codec is nothing more than a modified MPEG1, so yeah, it'll look bad compared to realtime footage of the GC original with obvious artifacts. Imagine how bad they'll look upscaled on a PS3, especially the realtime material will look noticably sharper.

Expect the PC version to be the same too. That and the audio are really my own gripes with the port.
                Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 10-19-2006, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X