Excella confirmed for Mercenaries Reunion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well in my option this is awesome news

about Barry and Rebecca, there is still a good chance have them in merc. reunion under LIN, but I am think STARS Jill and LIN Chris is more posiblle in merc. reunion
    Last edited by Dark_Chris; 01-20-2010, 03:35 AM.
    Spoiler:

Comment

LOL! Excella in mercenaries! Haha, that was completely unexpected!
      I don't understand the disappointement, though. It's always nice to have some real new characters instead of having only new costumes for the 4 original characters of the mercenaries mode.

I, now, understand the meaning of "Reunion" for this mode : all the important characters from the main story will be reunited in this mode. Simple as that.
      Last edited by Grem; 01-20-2010, 03:38 AM.

Comment

So it seems Excella will be included with the Desperate Escape scenario (hope she'll get some screen time in the scenario too). So that means two chracters for LIN are still available.

Comment

I kind of find that Excella being revealed as a player character in the Mercenaries Reunion a bit ... unusual.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero38 View Post
            Actually, She turned out to be way a lot Cooler than I thought!!
            My Best Handgun !!

HQ Scans + translate,please?
            This is both hilarious and mind-bending. Predictable that Excella can’t even defend herself without submitting to indecency (i.e., the screenshot on the bottom left-hand corner of the first link). Vagina flashing melee move. It’s super effective!

Thanks for posting these, Zero. Jokes aside, playing a new character is always refreshing, and I am happy we’re getting an additional female (even though it it’s Excella). But new melee moves and new weapon(s) leaves me somewhat satisfied. I think I will have fun controlling her.

Comment

^You're welcome
              Grenade Launcher !!!
              Flash or Acid?
              Last edited by Zero38; 01-20-2010, 04:05 AM.

Comment

She's using the old model? So the question now is whether or not she's gonna be the second character from the Desperate Escape pack or if there'll be more people from the game's original cast "returning" (such as Irving).

Aslo, we still don't entirely know what'll be in the remaining slots for the new figures (though, I guess it's safe to say that any new enemies will have figures)

Comment

I'd take Spencer in a wheelchair in mercs over Excella.

So if Barry and Rebecca are also in it...that is all 8 characters?
                  Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

^Doug + Guardian of insanity + ??? + ???
                    I Think she is from Desperate escape ..
                    I think there is a reason to reveal DE characters First..
                    I mean .. LIN was announced first & no one of It's characters revealed?

Comment

Good news, atleast, to me.

Kicking ass in a dress and heels, though? Any gal should know, from experience - That's one hell of a courageous (and can be somewhat of an accidentaly-embarassing) feat!
                      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
                        What the hell? That was unexpected! Her other melee attack will probably be a bitch slap or rubbing her boobs in the enemies' face! LOL
                        I want to see that.

Comment

This sounds cool, she could have a "time attack seduction" move. It would annoy some feminists, but I think it's all in good fun.

Comment

This is a MAJOR surprise!!!
                            I didn't see this one coming at all. I'm in SHOCK!
                            I didn't think Capcom were capable of surprising me, these days...

I'm excited. I think it's a cool addition to the playable characters (much better than just adding more costumes for existing characters).
                            I'd still like to see Barry and Rebecca or better yet Ada and Krauser, but Excella should be fun too.

WOW!!!
                            Can't wait to administer me some injections!

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                              I'd take Spencer in a wheelchair in mercs over Excella.
                              Next fiscal year Capcom will reach out to other publishers and let Spencer (in wheelchair) appear as DLC in EA's Burnout Paradise and Activision's Tony Hawk.

Comment

Thanks for the scans, Zero. I guess Excella will have a small role in Desperate Escape...though I don't see how, as Josh and Jill run out onto the dock and the ship has since departed.

Unless it is merely a flashback that Jill has to when she was Excella's "plaything."

And the RE5 Gold website specifically says "The Mercenary Reunion brings 8 new playable characters and weapon load outs into the fray," so it looks like that leaves only 2 spots left, and those fall under the LIN category on the aforementioned website.

So that leaves it heavily likely that the other 2 will be Barry & Rebecca.

Like Skunky, I am pleasantly surprised that Excella will be a new Mercs character. I find it kind of funny (and mostly sad) that there's the announcement of a fresh character addition to Mercs mode, and before there is even the slightest real info much less a picture available, people are already bitching. Ha ha, unbelievable. I guess you can't please everyone.

Still, we're fortunate at all to get this much new DLC from Capcom, and I'm ecstatic. Heck, it's especially better than nothing to at least get Excella with a slightly different move set. TBH, I was merely expecting 8 alt costumes for just Chris, Sheva, Wesker, and Jill....so being able to play as Josh & Excella (and hopefully Barry & Rebecca) is actually very WELCOME news indeed.

EDIT: Top right corner of page 275...Josh does an elbow drop?! How awesome is that?! So we've seen indication of a shoulder charge, a suplex, and now an elbow drop. Suddenly I already have a new favorite character for melee moves!
                                Last edited by Jill's Boob; 01-20-2010, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X