• Show
Clear All

Oh no...this means no Jill STARS... ouch

Comment

YEEEEEEEEEEEES MORE EXCEEEEELA,

I can see some of her movements getting riped off from Bayonetta

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
      Good news, atleast, to me.

Kicking ass in a dress and heels, though? Any gal should know, from experience - That's one hell of a courageous (and can be somewhat of an accidentaly-embarassing) feat!
      just ask Ada
      Last edited by ValentineLover; 01-20-2010, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunglasses View Post
        Oh no...this means no Jill STARS... ouch
        Well, if I can allow my Jill fandom to ooze out just once, this. Though we may see Jill STARS as a part of the LIN set, which I wouldn't want to sacrifice for Barry or Becky (though I'm not sure why for the latter). WUT A CONFLICT!

Weird thread, the response just going from negative to positive in one fell swoop. I honestly don't know what to feel about Excella. Personally I think it's a decent swerve from another costume and good for a laugh, but I could care less about playing as her. I just want to know what that (sub?) machine gun she carries is. I gotta say though, an elbow drop for Josh in mercs is indeed win.

Someone mentioned Jill possibly having flashbacks regarding acting as Excella's plaything. Perhaps there's a confrontation between the two, and Jill either gets info out of her forcefully, or out of some kind of compassion Excella spills. This would lead to her disposal by Wesker, which would say something about the latter character, though I'm pretty sure the writers intended that Albert's simply self-serving and FUBAR.

Comment

Lack of S.T.A.R.S. Jill is kinda surprising (but there sure as hell is enough Jill in this DLC. It's pretty much RE5 - Disc 2 - Jill). But I guess if this stuff is a success, we might see even more RE5 content in the future too, I suppose ($5 Gold Edition/Alternate Edition will have a "DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT" tag on the back of the box on the list of stuff it supports. Not that that is any indication of anything concrete, especially considering how 360 Gold Edition will be having all DLC as DLC and not an additional Install Disc like many other games have had)

Comment

lol oh well wasnt expecting her, but i can live with it

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic;143137 I just want to know what that (sub?) machine gun she carries is...

Someone mentioned Jill possibly having flashbacks regarding acting as [B
              Excella's plaything. [/B]
              1- It looks like a syringe shooting gun
              2-It sounds so wrong

Comment

The funny thing is, I had more trouble staying with the following sentence. I always thought of the term "plaything" in relation to Irving.

Edit: Wait a sec, that looks more like a handgun now. I dunno about a syringe gun, I think that's a melee attack where she administers an injection.
                Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 01-20-2010, 08:29 AM.

Comment

the bad thing about this is that break every logic that I thought The Mercenaries had... I mean, from RE3 to RE5, all characters were logic to be in the game, they were all solider, elite agents, etc...
                  In RE5 you have Wesker, Jill and Chris, then you lower the level a bit and you have Josh and Sheva...
                  So, as there is no more logic, the 2 characters left can be anyone, like Santa Claus with a massive gifts delivery as special attack. However I still thinking that Barry and Rebecca are very unlikely and new Jill costumes will be present.

Comment

how are Josh and Sheva lower level???
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
                      how are Josh and Sheva lower level???
                      Well duh, there is no logic in Sheva being in the mercenaries, because she is only one of the main characters in the game and Josh ... he's quite important for the storyline in RE5 so that makes no sense at all.

I really don't understand why everybody is being so shocked about maybe us not being able to play Becca (which is annoying as hell) and Berry (which in my opinion is as cunt-free as Jill's battle suit or Exxcella's back-flip-tits-in-your-face-kick) .

I thought Excella was quite entertaining , I love to quote her sometimes " Jill, Jill , Jill! You sound like broken record, you know that?" They could have really given her a different skin, but I'm not complaining. Mercenaries is so much fun I'll find a way of killing all 150 enemies with my impressive boob-move. Is the Mercenaries Reunion gonna be harder? Like more enemies as in No Mercy? There is so little info on that mode, except for the videos.

Comment

The "sub machine" pretty much looks like the Beretta 93R (the unlockable weapon you can get when fully upgrading the first handgun), you can see the stock that the handgun has on pg274 of the scans.
                        I think Excella is a big suprise, I didn't expect that at all; for the other 2 characters I pretty much think is going to be Jill and Wesker with new skins; since the Mercenaries Reunion looks like a seperate game form the Mercenaries, so there wouldn't be no Wesker and no Jill if they not add them in there, and they also appear on LIN episode.

Comment

Excella's taunt and new melee move

Comment

I can't believe it.

Comment

Much props to Capcom. Didn't see this coming.

Excella as an addition to mercs is great news. I wouldn't mind playing in her dress of doom, and if theres anything we learned from RE Capcom, it's that you don't have to be decked out in S.T.A.R.S. gear or a skin tight nanosuit to kick ass. Claire/original Ada/Annette anyone?
                              I'm sure Excella has some sort of technical battle background- you can't in that whole Uroboros situation, with 2 B.S.A.A. members guns pointed at your face, and not be.
                              As Sheva herself said, "She's tough, I'll give her that much."

I'm looking forward to her lines. If it's anything like her in-game persona, it will definitely be entertaining.
                              "Jill? Maybe I'll tell you, maybe I won't!"

Also, curious why some people are complaining about her addition. Capcom gives us a new model for mercs, and people still gripe? I'm just glad it's not a Wesker/Sheva/Chris, though I would be content with that as well.

I think gamers of todays standards are spoiled. Back than we didn't have any "DLC", had to make do with the content we had- and if a directors cut came out (RE1DC, RECVX, RE2DC) we all rejoiced and took what we got. Sounds a bit demeaning as a consumer base, but hey, it worked and we enjoyed . I still play RE2 battle till this day.
                              REALDEMO

Comment

Originally posted by chris_survivor View Post
                                The "sub machine" pretty much looks like the Beretta 93R (the unlockable weapon you can get when fully upgrading the first handgun), you can see the stock that the handgun has on pg274 of the scans.
                                Bingo. It looks to me like the M93R too. I was going to post until I saw that you had answered the question. So I'm just here to agree with you.

Originally posted by ValentineLover View Post
                                Excella's taunt and new melee move
                                Please, no. Bayonetta is the dumbest looking video game character I think that I've ever seen. Ha ha.

Comment

Working...
                                X