Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony's Motion Controller, and Alternative Edition's Support, Delayed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony's Motion Controller, and Alternative Edition's Support, Delayed.

Sony announced today that their Motion Controller for the PS3 will now no longer be arriving in Spring and in time for the Alternative Edition re-release. Instead it has been pushed back to Fall 2010 thus delaying the Motion Controller support for Biohazard 5 : Alternative Edition along with it. You can read more about it and Sony's reasons for the delay at the link below.

Motion Controller Delayed

*** Update ***

Capcom USA has responded to this news with the following statement

"Capcom has not announced any compatibility between Sony's motion controller and Resident Evil 5 in North America. The release of this product will be unaffected by the delay in our territory and is still on track for a March 9 release with the individual pieces of downloadable content released prior.
    Statement via Kotaku thanks to Alexia_Ashford.

*** End Update ***
    Last edited by A-J; 01-22-2010, 06:44 AM.

Excella in Mercenaries surprised me...

...this news does not surprise me.

Comment

Bad move Sony, also Project Natal is scheduled for a fall release.

btw, honestly I don't care, I just want to play the new episodes no matter how.
      Last edited by Sunglasses; 01-20-2010, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunglasses View Post
        Bad move Sony, also Project Natal is scheduled for a fall release.

btw, honestly I don't care, I just want to play the new episodes no matter how.
        Same here.
        Last edited by Shadow Stalker; 01-20-2010, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Not too excited about this. The innovation for what it's worth went out the door with RE4 Wii Edition. Though I'm sure given time people will get a new experience out of RE5 when it comes out.
          REALDEMO

Comment

Aha! I knew it. No way was it going to be released in spring with no promotional material out at the moment and "spring" a few months away.

Comment

Dont really care about the motion controller.

Comment

There's a notification about this on the Biohazard 5 AE website:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio5/ae/information.html

Basically it just says that the motion controlled patch will be forthcoming, just not at a specific time yet.
                Last edited by Jill's Boob; 01-20-2010, 12:33 PM.

Comment

I'm just excited about the DLC so this doesn't bother me plus was really thinking about getting the controller. Maybe when it does come out I will consider getting it and trying it out.
                  Last edited by Stars1356; 01-21-2010, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SamuraiEdge View Post
                    Dont really care about the motion controller.
                    Seconded

Comment

Well I'm bummed out by this, though not entirely surprised. The complete silence from Capcom regarding motion controller support had me suspecting this might happen. I was really looking forward to re-experiencing the whole game with a new control method, but that'll have to wait. Lost in Nightmares alone is enough to sell me the AE.

Comment

During last fall's Tokyo Game Show, Capcom producer Jun Takeuchi announced that Resident Evil: Alternative Edition would be using Sony's new wand motion controller. That controller has been delayed until this fall.

Seems the west may not be getting RE5 A.E motion support at all.

When asked what that means for the PS3 version of Resident Evil 5: Alternative Edition, Capcom told Kotaku, "Capcom has not announced any compatibility between Sony's motion controller and Resident Evil 5 in North America. The release of this product will be unaffected by the delay in our territory and is still on track for a March 9 release with the individual pieces of downloadable content released prior."

Comment

Well, it'd be pretty stupid on their part to release Resident Evil 5 "Gold Edition" to then suddenly patch it or add anything else to it later down the road

For those who don't talk the lingo - Gold is the term usually associated with the absolute final version of a game/product. And a so called "Gold" release, not to be mistaken for the initial final/retail version, contains all update patches/content/expansions that've previously been added to the game since its initial release (and without there being any future plans for further support on the dev side of things)

Comment

^ Could it be that the Gold Editon has already incorporated the support for it? Just that the device will be available later...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
                              ^ Could it be that the Gold Editon has already incorporated the support for it? Just that the device will be available later...
                              I wouldn't be surprised. After all they have presented the game working with the controller already few months ago. If they have the controller's interface they don't need to wait for it's final release to incorporate it's support into the game.
                              Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 01-22-2010, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X