Lik-Sang shuts down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lik-Sang shuts down

Hong Kong, October 24th of 2006 - Lik-Sang.com, the popular gaming retailer from Hong Kong, has today announced that it is forced to close down due to multiple legal actions brought against it by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
    Source: Lik-Sang
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 10-24-2006, 03:09 PM.

Really sad ... That was the place where I picked most of my BioHazard imports from ...

Comment

Comment

Not the first time, they'll be back

Comment

Originally posted by Borman View Post
          Not the first time, they'll be back
          Exactly my thoughts.

Didn't they have similar problems with Nintendo once also?
          Last edited by Cyber_Shinobi; 10-24-2006, 03:04 PM.

Comment

I can't recall Lik-Sang having too much of a problem before.
            I know they had a thing with Nintendo earlier.

Success-HK on the other hand have gone up and down a bit, they also had some downtime when they got solidly smacked by Nintendo and Microsoft (iirc), for selling backup devices and such.
            Resulting in some downtime and a split to Success-hk and linker4u
            (same company, but all the stuff the Big N and MS disliked at Success-hk got moved to Linker4u)

Comment

Yea, mostly for mod stuff, but I can see them fighting this in their own way

Comment

Worst case scenario, do you think all these law suits etc from Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo over the years could have finally taken their toll?

I really hope thats not the case because i've been using Lik Sang for years, originally for my Dreamcast stuff. Be such a shame to see it go offline permanently

Comment

Like everyone else here said, they'll be back. The stupid thing about this particular ordeal is that Sony asked them to cease exporting to Europe three times before going on with the lawsuit. Then they don't show for the trial, and expected the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                    OLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Watch our Play-Asia

Comment

I believe the past cases with Nintendo / M$ / Sony wasn't that big enough to run them out of business. Just small cases which involves mod chips and stuffs.

This one is different because they just merely import the PSPs to the European costumers...

Comment

Originally posted by xfactor View Post
                        I believe the past cases with Nintendo / M$ / Sony wasn't that big enough to run them out of business. Just small cases which involves mod chips and stuffs.

This one is different because they just merely import the PSPs to the European costumers...
                        Looking into the matter further, Lik Sang actually didn't lose anything here since they never bothered with the suit (ie. no legal fees were spent on the matter at all). They've basically writing off the current entity to dodge paying "damages" to Sony as ordered by the court.

So LS might return, just not under the same name.

Comment

Working...
                        X