No announcement yet.

Final Two Mercs. Reunion Characters Revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I'm not surprised, nor should anyone else be, as this was pretty evident once the PS3 patch was "accidentally" released, and became widespread thanks to YouTube.

It is nice though to see the perpetually waffling, infinitely fickle RE fanbase being positive once again over RE5 content. Why just two weeks ago many people were crying foul over the inclusion of Josh and (mostly) Excella. ("I'm not buying it now!")

But just a whiff of the stale fart that is Rebecca and Barry, and people are huffing away like a druggie. At least Barry's headbutt is almost as cool as Josh's display of the elbow drop.

Originally posted by Beef_jerky_yo View Post
    Rebecca Chambers is Resident Evil.
    Hahahaha. That's the funniest thing I've read all day. Perhaps all week (though it just started).

Yes, Rebecca Chambers is Resident Evil. And by that I mean she represents "horror" very well...there's nothing more terrifying than her annoying, high-pitched voice ("I'm Rebecca...Oh no!") or the fact that she's the most unbelievable character in the RE-verse (18-year old is not only a qualified medic, but a law enforcement agent on a special tactics squad, and apparently a chemical engineer to boot [think of the V-Jolt sequence]).

Comment

Yes, Rebecca Chambers is Resident Evil. And by that I mean she represents "horror" very well...there's nothing more terrifying than her annoying, high-pitched voice ("I'm Rebecca...Oh no!") or the fact that she's the most unbelievable character in the RE-verse (18-year old is not only a qualified medic, but a law enforcement agent on a special tactics squad, and apparently a chemical engineer to boot [think of the V-Jolt sequence]).
      LAMO!

To be honest, I couldn't care less about Rebecca. She's the most annoying character in the whole series along with Steve. They also share same cuthair style. Rebecca and Barry are fan service, and fans should be glad that they can play with both again (though RE4 mods took advantage on this, because we were able to play as Jill, Enrico, Barry, Chris and a lot of other characters from the previous games). I'm happy to see good old Barry back with his funniest quote again!.
      Last edited by Jill Lover; 02-09-2010, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
        Dunno about the states, but a lot of bright young minds have pretty solid experience with first aid and such through various youth organizations and such that they join at a young age (some being just summer stuff, after school stuff or as an alternative to finishing school)

When I was doing my boring mandatory military service, most of the nurses and such at our base were anything from 16 to late 20s. Especially the younger ones who weren't really part of the people from the base (for various reasons), but most of them were interns and various other forms for borderline volunteers who were thrown at us. And anyone can be a chemical engineer... surprisingly enough. Got a friend who's been doing lab tests and substance mixing for the past year without really having any relevant background. All you need is a brain and evt. the capabilities to follow instructions.

Another thing with medical staff, just like people who do special tasks for a unit/team, is that they are instantly given huge responsibilities (and ranks to match) without the need for the same training and experience as the rest of the team has. (Though, they usually have to go through some form for basic training, but not necessarily. Like were I was, the ones under 18 went through basic, but they never participated in anything involving firearms. )

I find Rebecca one of the most easy to swallow chars... Unlike chars such as the Ashfords (Genetically engineered or not) - though... RE0 was a bit... *cough* *cough*

(What's the most questionable is why a tiny town such as Raccoon City has a large law enforcement unit with over two special units )

Comment

Know what i don't get? Why do we have to rely on a Japanese magazine to find out this information? Why doesn't GameImformer or some US magazine cover Resident Evil at all? Barry looks like he is going to be a blast to play though.

Comment

The development team are Japanese...so they go to the premiere Japanese publication.

Comment

well i aint waiting 7 days after it comes out i'll end up killing my self so you really didnt give me a good enough response on that pretty much your saying its a 50-50 chance it will? and i see people on here that wright like 6 messages in a row! so why go after me when ive done only 3 and that was all i had to say because im done with the messages
              Last edited by zombie215553; 02-09-2010, 03:13 PM.

Comment

The only thing im wordering about is what has Capcom done to Barry's and Rebecca's voice's will it just be recycle voice's from Zero or Reamke or will they have new voice actors hmm.
                Last edited by Sephiroth; 02-09-2010, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zombie215553 View Post
                  well i aint waiting 7 days after it comes out i'll end up killing my self so you really didnt give me a good enough response on that pretty much your saying its a 50-50 chance it will? and i see people on here that wright like 6 messages in a row! so why go after me when ive done only 3 and that was all i had to say because im done with the messages
                  Translation anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by zombie215553 View Post
                    What the Fuck?

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
                      The only thing im wordering about is what has Capcom done to Barry's and Rebecca's voice's will it just be recycle voice's from Zero or Reamke or will they have new voice actors hmm.
                      good question!! . .. Imagine, Rebecca is in trouble and when taping the "help" buttton, she's like " I'm Rebecca" ,

Comment

Rebecca has her UC voice actor, Barry has completely new VA
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
                          How do you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! D:

*cough* ANWAY! This update is awesome news, can't wait to kick some ass with Barry and his magnum

Comment

It was in the credits of the patch that was leaked.

Comment

So we have that 10 year old voice for Rebecca again I think im going to be sick
                                Last edited by Sephiroth; 02-09-2010, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X