Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LVL100 Merchant View Post
    http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio5/ae/img/...b_pic_01_l.jpg

His magnum looks like it's for melee animations. The weapon icon is for the handgun.
    You know what whould make that a good melee animation if Barry has a quote to say to the enimes while they are on the ground (Yippee-ki-yay motherfucker) bang off head explodes that whould be a good ground melee
    animation.

Comment

• Two more pics.

sigpic

Comment

• I cant seem to follow what the big deal is about these two characters . I´m excited about this DLC ever since it was announced. Did someone mention in this thread that this is the last DLC coming for RE5? I thought that there was maybe a possibility of new content to be announced if this actually sold well?

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadArtist View Post
          I cant seem to follow what the big deal is about these two characters . I´m excited about this DLC ever since it was announced. Did someone mention in this thread that this is the last DLC coming for RE5? I thought that there was maybe a possibility of new content to be announced if this actually sold well?
          We can only hope for the best in terms of sales. I'd like to see more mercs stages in the event of even more DLC; I'm the biggest amount of ignorant when it comes to game development but it seems as if the addition of stages wouldn't break Capcom's back in terms of money (in comparison to new characters or something, with the VA and mo-cap). I'm quite happy with what we're getting though and it's no sweat off my back if there's nothing more released.

The "big deal" at least from what I can tell, is purely Barry. We haven't been able to play as him in the same context as most other Resident Evil characters and this is really the best we're gonna get. He's not the most important character (which is putting it light) but he's something of a "fandom icon" and the ability to play as him is a treat. I like that they're putting Rebecca in there as opposed to Jill STARS, it's something different. Plus it's funny to hear their original RE1 "temperaments," Barry as the badass bumbler and Rebecca as the 10-year old girl (OH NOOOO!).
          Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 02-10-2010, 06:06 AM.

Comment

• wouldn´t anyone be uber thrilled if there was a extra mercenaries stage? Like the mansion or the spooky basement of lost in nightmares or the desperate escape area? Even places from the main game would have been cool to add.

Comment

• Well aren't the electric and flash ammo similar in the weapon box? I never really use the grenade launcher that much.
              After all we already have a Chris Safari clone among the new characters weapon wise (Josh).

Comment

• Actually It's Ok Now
                At least he has his STARS Handgun
                @Alkar:well, Josh is BSAA Chris + Chris Safari + 1 Rocket Launcher I guess... because he has hand grenades..

Comment

• Well, you can get hand grenades in Experimental Facility
                  We'll know next week I guess. I'm hoping they atually release Rebecca with Excella because she seems more interesting but I guess we'll get Barry.

Comment

• I don't believe Barry will have the grenade launcher, if that level I see is correct then you are on the boat, where you can pick up the grenade launcher on your own. I would suspect that Barry will start with the new Pistol, the handcannon and the sniper rifle you see on his back. (Which doesn't make sence to me how a gun can just stick to your back but ok lol) I guess it's better than Leon carrying around a briefcase full of supplies

Comment

• Originally posted by CRedfield98 View Post
                      I don't believe Barry will have the grenade launcher, if that level I see is correct then you are on the boat, where you can pick up the grenade launcher on your own. I would suspect that Barry will start with the new Pistol, the handcannon and the sniper rifle you see on his back. (Which doesn't make sence to me how a gun can just stick to your back but ok lol) I guess it's better than Leon carrying around a briefcase full of supplies
                      We need to contact Leon and request one of those invisible huge briefcases - SInce the other Mercenaries Modes were different with Ammo and Weapons (No Mercy having Rocket Launchers lying around and none in normal Mercenaries) there might be some extra weapons around the stages ... or not. Just a thought.

Comment

• I thought this image http://i46.tinypic.com/smx74k.jpg give us a clue, regarding Barry using his magnum as a "melee" , since in the picture you can see the display of the handgun in use, and Barry already equiped with the magnum and ready to shot, I guess we just have to wait for the game or a video of Barry.

Comment

• Also notice how there's no laser reticle on it like every other gun. Pretty sure it's a melee weapon. Which is awesome.

Edit: Just looked at the scan again for Rebecca. Look just to the right of her full-body shot in the lower left.

Can full of fuego!!
                          Last edited by Canas Renvall; 02-10-2010, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                            Also notice how there's no laser reticle on it like every other gun. Pretty sure it's a melee weapon. Which is awesome.

Edit: Just looked at the scan again for Rebecca. Look just to the right of her full-body shot in the lower left.

Can full of fuego!!
                            Yes, but in the other shots where he's poiting the handgun there's no laser too. But I think it'll be a melee weapon, which is just as cool.

Comment

• And the Resident Evil cycle begins anew.

Comment

• Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                                Only lacking STARS Chris, STARS Wesker and STARS Jill. On reflection it isn't much of a reunion.

Hope Barry has some decent melee.
                                When you go to a high school reunion, it does not inquire you to come in your
                                high school uniform; it will probably not fit you anymore or have it around at all.

I could care less if they were to wear a clown/mime costume or anything for
                                that matter but as long as they make a physical presence is quite enough for
                                me.

Comment

Working...
                                X