Resident Evil 10th Anniversary set + more pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 10th Anniversary set + more pictures

I picked up my set today. It seems the rumors of it being a limited thing are true as my EB only got 2 in. However as most of you know its simply the Players Choice versions of the games packed into a case. A flimsy case at that, much like their Pure Evil 2 pack. Its funny that they couldnt even get the story proper for the RE1 game on the back of the case..

Anyway, another nice surprise met me today in the mailbox. Its my Biohazard 4 10th anniversary "best" version, along with the 10th Anniversary DVD. A track list of the BH4 OST is included. Pictures Below:

[shamelessplug] I'm also selling some items on ebay from my Resident Evil collection. I'm in need of cash before the PS3 releases, so I'd appreciate it if you guys took a look to see if anything interests you. http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZdot50calQQhtZ-1 [/shamelessplug]
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 10-25-2006, 12:40 PM.

It's unfortunate all Gamestop/EB could come up with is a shitty cardboard box to put it in with their damn logo slapped all over it. Not really worth picking up if you ask me. =/

The Japanese ones are nice though... is that case for BH4 made of metal or is it just a silver plastic?

To comment about your ebay sale.. neat stuff, I might be interested in some of it in a few days, but if your going to sell a sealed copy of RE4 PS2, and it's not the special edition, you should probably lower the price of it at or below what it currently retails for.

I could pick up a sealed copy from bestbuy.com for $10 cheaper then that. =P

I actually bought two of those Sound Chronicles soundtrack packs, one I could listen to and the other I could try and sell... it's just too bad there are so many rip-offs out there.

~Weed
    Last edited by Weed; 10-25-2006, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Sorry man, I've got most of the stuff there. And hopefully you have other copies of the games and the merch, because I personally don't think getting the PS3 at launch is worth giving up this stuff.

On a related note, I'm officially now on the "first come, first serve" category.. I'm so pissed off, particularly that I paid for 2 games already. I cancelled them today and used the funds alongside my old DS for a DS Lite with the US Deadly Silence.

Comment

Haha, I didnt even know the retail price for a sealed RE4 was that low..damn. *lowers* XD

Umon, like I said most of that stuff is doubles and I dont really value a fan, or that lighter thing anymore. I know that Ill never have a full set of those lighters so theres really no point in owning one. (Just my twisted logic)

Edit: Weed, its plastic, same as other PS2 games. It just looks nice ;) Too bad they didnt have a silver PS2 2nd disc insert though
        Last edited by Dot50Cal; 10-26-2006, 05:52 AM.

Comment

The PS3 to me just isn't worth the effort. It's big, it's really REALLY REALLY GODDAMN expensive (by the time your done buying a couple games, the console, another controller, and some blu-ray movies to enjoy, you've dropped over $1,000.00 on a measily console that doesn't have any good games on it yet).

I just think your wasting your money.. I'm waiting *at least* 3 years to get one, like when they cut the price by half or more. Meanwhile I'm getting the Wii like.. almost at launch.

~Weed

Comment

Wounder if it'll be hard to get a Wii at launch? I'm gonna try. If not at launch then hopefully a few days after.

Comment

You shouldn't have too much trouble. They're going to be shipping a lot. At this point, with the shit Sony is pulling and their future Nazi level ideas for video gaming and entertainment, I hope the PS3 fails miserably and bankrupts them.

Comment

I was guessing it shouldn't be too hard I've heard Nintendo will be shipping alot, and lmao at the Sony comment

Comment

Now who would've thought that MS would be viewed as the good guy in any industry 6 years ago? Sony's using their most important product as a trojan horse for BD (Blu ray Disc), thereby making it overpriced as a game console. Nintendo's packing 4 year old tech into a box and hoping that a remote will drive the masses wild (and I don't mean the press).

The 360 is the most balanced out of the three tech-wise, and the pricing structure seems better. Too bad it failed in Japan. Competition is keeping everyone on the edge, so it's a good thing and I do hope that we get a three way tie overall with each having a good market share. Despite the negatives (I can make a big list for each), there are enough merits with each that have me hyped up. The merits being the games.

Though I can tell you one thing: If I can't upscale and turn on FSAA with old PS and PS2 games, I'm shooting a part off that thing. Some doubt was cast on that matter recently.

Comment

Since when is more disc space and support for HD movies out of the box a negative? If you cant pay the money then dont, Hell I paid $500 for my 360, which included a play and charge pack and 2 wireless controllers. Im getting almost all that out of the box with PS3, so the price really isnt that much worse.

Some people just need to get a job.
                    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 10-28-2006, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Relax (I realize it's not directed at me since I'm the other person here planning on getting it). Business-wise, it's a negative because it compromises their market leadership due to the pricing. That's all there is to it. When you look at what the system packs objectively, you're pretty much getting what you pay for (well, paying less since you really can't find a BD player for $500). It's a robust package alright, even as a game system by itself (BC and region free anyone?)

What you said about the 360 is true (add WiFi to that thing, and it's already at $500), but he average consume looks at the MSRP alone and the comparison isn't kind. I know what I'm getting though, and I think it's worth it.

I've paid a lot more than $600 for import hardware before, and ended up getting domestic versions too. Now I don't have to.
                      Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 10-28-2006, 09:39 AM.

Comment

I dont think its going to hurt Sony's bottom line very much, Look at how well the preorders went. Hell, A guy sold a PS3 on ebay for $2200 and actually got the money. People are accepting the 360 now in droves despite its high price too.

Comment

It will hurt SCEI's bottom line initially at least even if it's a success, since they're losing an XX amount on each unit sold. Their forecast was revised with additional losses due to the revision of the 20GB model in September. You could say that MS is on the same boat, but they've been on that boat since 2000 and they keep bleeding money on a business they haven't seen a profit from.

Negative press aside, we'll see how things pan out when the dust settles. All I need to know as a consumer is that the PS3 is a very important product to them, and it'll get priority. As an investor, I'd be cautious right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                            Since when is more disc space and support for HD movies out of the box a negative? If you cant pay the money then dont, Hell I paid $500 for my 360, which included a play and charge pack and 2 wireless controllers. Im getting almost all that out of the box with PS3, so the price really isnt that much worse.

Some people just need to get a job.
                            Very true. When you add on all the extras you have to buy for the Xbox360 if you want to put it on par with what you get out of the box with PS3, such as Wireless Adapters, 2x HardDrives, HD DVD Add On, a few years subscription to Xbox Live etc then you are looking at over $1000, pretty shocking when you put it all in perspective...

Comment

I think each one kindof has their own benefits.

Wii: cheapest, what could be a cool controller, *most likely* free online play, plays Virtual Console games perfectly, has complete backwards compatability with the gamecube (something Sony and MS need to learn about), plus you got solid titles like mario galaxy, ssbb, Loz, and metal slug anthology.

X360: middle priced, way better controller than the original, better XBLA selection, HD out of the box (thru the component cables if you get the more expensive set), has an alright selection of games out with suppossed classics coming our way (like the highly hyped "too human" or w/e its called), plus soon you will be able to use your wireless controller with your pc once you buy a usb receiver.

PS3: HDMI out, 1080p w/o an update, somewhat backwards compatability with PS1 and (full?) compatability with PS2 titles.

Okay, so i can't really see too many positives about the PS3, but i have to admit, i really don't care about learning anything about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X