Biohazard: Director's Cut available for download @ PS3 Launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biohazard: Director's Cut available for download @ PS3 Launch

According to gamefront, via Beyond3D Sony's online service will have a number of games available for download right at launch. Of particular note is a PS1 title, Biohazard Directors Cut. Its unknown if this title has been modified to upscale, or anything else however I wouldnt be expecting it. More news as it develops.

Beyond3D

Beat me to it. This is actually a PSP download via the PS3... err, you download it via the PS3 from the PS Store, and then transfrer it onto the PSP memory stick for play.

Comment

Doesnt the PS3 play them as well?

Comment

I don't think so. Even the Beyond3D topic has a picture of the layout that states that the PS1 titles are for the PSP.

Comment

BOOOOO! BOOO!!! .... .. K5 Lemme borrow your PSP.

Comment

Yes yes.. what a great idea.. the original game on the go. Never been done before -_-

Comment

The PS3 WILL Support them, just not at launch. According to Sony anyway, take that whatever way youd like.

Comment

I take it as "this me- THE END ~ Dead Rising

Comment

Alright, so I was right :p The PS3 versions won't require any additional emulators (assuming that there isn't a universal PS1 emulator for the PSP.. which is probably true).

Comment

It WILL Require an emulator by Sony. It just doesnt exist yet.

Comment

Hmm, sounds like you're going by the assumption that the BC situation is similar to the 360; it's not. The PS3 is backwards compatible out of the box with both the PS and PS2. That's not speculative, it's confirmed and they're actually using the EE/GS chipset to achieve the majority of the emulation for PS and PS2 titles. That hasn't changed up to last week when other matters were confirmed as well (including the matter of swappable HDD's). But if you're going the "I don't trust Sony's words" route, the launch isn't that far away :p

The PSP however naturally does, and I think they'll release a pack with every wave of new release. Which is why I said, and so did GameWatch that current PS1 downloads are for the PSP.
                      Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 10-26-2006, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Thats for Playstation CDs. Not for ISOs that are downloaded. Hence why the downloaded games fail to play.

Comment

Well it isn't fully backwards compatable. Only games that followed Sony's game guidelines work. Why would you want it on the PSP anyways? I doubt they would utilize the extra space the WS resolution provides nor would they easily put games with dual analog stick support (the DC has that correct? mebe thats re2?). Plus you got it on the DS like 3 different variations in one cartridge. I can say I am happy with that purchase considering the poorer quality of the saturn release.

I guess the only reason you would actually get this would be for kenneths head and the uncut opening...

Comment

Working...
                          X