Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 5 - Extra Figurers DLC (and 2.0 patch) available on PSN and Xbox LIVE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night i updated my RE5 version and i've heard some people lost their savegames by doing it... fortunately, it didn't happen to me... so i wonder, has it happened to any of you? And speaking of the figurines i found Chris's warrior outfit extemely pointless. I loved Sheva's fairly tale costume... and Barry looks so bad-ass, i'm so happy with his model. And the young chick shouldn't really have been added to this reunion xD

Comment

All of Chris's extra costumes are ridiculous, really, other than his STARS outfit. Safari Chris is one of the worst extra costumes I've ever seen, 'Warrior' Chris looks more like 'S&M' Chris, and Heavy Metal Chris is pretty stupid too.

Then again...I can't honestly say that any of these are worse than Sheva's Clubbin' outfit.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
        All of Chris's extra costumes are ridiculous, really, other than his STARS outfit. Safari Chris is one of the worst extra costumes I've ever seen, 'Warrior' Chris looks more like 'S&M' Chris, and Heavy Metal Chris is pretty stupid too.

Then again...I can't honestly say that any of these are worse than Sheva's Clubbin' outfit.
        I´m happy that there is the heavy metal chris and the s&m chris, since Safari chris really looked like a gay zebra . Sheva´s costumes are and were all about making her look sexy or nude ... At least fairy tale sheva has a nice fantasy touch/feel to it.

Comment

Chris definitely deserved better costumes. I actually like both his S.T.A.R.S. and Safari outfits, but I loathe his new ones. It would've been nice to give him a non-obnoxious outfit, maybe even a "business" suit to match Sheva's. Instead, they just gave him weird-ass things. I appreciate Capcom's effort, but compared to Sheva's, his costumes really pale.

Comment

I'm wondering if Chris covered in metal will make him harder to kill, like Ashley in RE4.

And, I'm wondering, if there will be any content that they've kept secret, like new weapons, or the ability to use merc weapon in the main game. (or sheva's flamethrower) What are the chances that we've heard everything that'll be released before it's even out? (There has to be something else.)

Also, the fact that I'll have to wait longer for Rebecca saddens me.

Comment

^Get the japanese Alternative Edition
              Everything is in English : ) except Subtitles I guess..
              Well i kinda like Heavy metal ...

Comment

yaay I have the patch and everything that came with it ...too bad it´s wortless until Thursday
                Last edited by DeadArtist; 02-16-2010, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadArtist View Post
                  That happens if we play the normal Mercenaries mode?
                  Does it? I didn't check on that... but I agree, you do hear two big hits now. I noticed that meleeing people in Team Survivors on Versus. It's kinda funny when two Jills hit someone who's dying and you just hear "BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM" as they both hit twice.
                  Last edited by Canas Renvall; 02-16-2010, 06:00 PM.

Comment

lol... you, me both! I was wondering whether to trade my original RE5 and get the Gold Edition or just pay $20 for a PSN card and download it...

Comment

Did anybody else's data for RE5 reset when they downloaded the new patch? Happened to my friend: we got the new patch (with the figurines and the options for the new scenarios and such), but all our data (saved games, bought weaponry, costumes, even Mercenaries) disappeared. Happen to anybody else? Did we just do something wrong?

Comment

No such issue here (360 user).

Are you on PS3?
                        Did you use different PSN accounts for the download than the save games?
                        Did you have any of the updates that were released inbetween?
                        (Seem to recall someone saying one of the updates changed the saves so they weren't protected anymore)

Does your saves still exist on your drive when you go to the save game manager on your system's dashboard/XMB?

(If this turns out to become an issue, I guess mapping it out as soon as possible is the way to go. So we can let people know what to avoid + maybe see if Capcom will patch it up somehow if they can get a direct description of all the circumstances for the problem(s))

Comment

I guess that's for PS3 users, I'm on 360 downloaded it and no troubles with my saves. I still have all my data fine.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

My friend uses a PS3, and her and I logged into her account that she generally uses for Bio5 (where she saves all her shit and stuff). I downloaded the patch and everything just reset (but with the new additions, of course). She was really pissed, everything was gone, and even Mercenaries was gone (we get this after beating the game once, though, right? Time to start over!).

Comment

Ray:

If you have the PS3 version, did you select 'Yes' when prompted to convert file saves to version 2.0? (See attached image)

If not, there's still a way of recovering your save data. This is a guide made by a guy from another forum I visit:

Go to your save data on the XMB, you will notice a new one titled "Resident Evil 5 (Ver. 2)" with Jill and Chris on it. As well as the first version RE5 file (Chris and Sheva). Get a flash drive (USB stick) and save your RE5 Ver. 1 (Chris and Sheva) onto it, then simply delete the Ver. 2 file and start up RE5 again, it should ask if you want to use your save data from Version 1, this time click yes.

If that doesn't work, try this method:

Delete the actual game data of RE5 off your PS3 (with Ver. 1 data still saved to the USB) then reinstall the game with the Version 2 patch and start up again, hopefully it should ask if you want to transfer the Version 1 data.

Either way, delete your Ver. 2 data. This isn't concrete, but I gave it a thought and hopefully, it should work.

Your Ver. 1 save data still exists, RE5 (Ver. 2) is seen as an entirely different game by your system. Keep your Version 1 data backed up just in case though.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I have the PS3 update and everything is still there.

Comment

Working...
                                X