Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 5 - Extra Figurers DLC (and 2.0 patch) available on PSN and Xbox LIVE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just downloaded it now on XBL Markeplace... And, dear lord, the Folklore Sheva figure looks even more delicious than in that video! I'm so stoked to play in that costume.

Examining all the other figures was interesting, too, especially Rebecca and Barry. I love how shiny and new their models look, even if it's just their REmake models refurbished.

Comment

The extra figures will be the new enemy from the lost in nightmares scenario and probably they'll chuck in a few new things from the desperate escape, maybe a new boss fight or something.
      If not it'll probably be action style figures of the other mercs characters that we have (excella and josh)

Comment

Oh, another thing to notice. Instead of Folklore Sheva, at least in NA her name is Fairy Tale Sheva. I kinda prefer Folklore, but I suppose she must be a fairy tale, 'cause she's my fantasy. *rimshot*

Comment

'Cause you're in loooooooooooooooooooooooove with a fairytale woman! EVEN THOUGH IT HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURTS!
          (Yeah. It's soon that time of the year again. When every European nation gets to make a complete fool of themselves)

Also, yeah, the 360 version is a DLC piece that adds the data for the new character costumes + a tiny Title Update that ties it all together.

The PS3 version is just a game patch (v2.0) that contains the data from the previous updates + the Versus Update + New characters + Trophy data + possibly some other junk too (since it's so damn huge).

Comment

I thought PS3 updates were accumulative like 360's. That might explain why it's 100MB larger.

Comment

DLC stacks on both platforms, but update patches don't "stack" (for sure on the 360, can't say I'm 110% sure on the PS3). But 'ccause of the bandwidth costs on the PlayStation Network, a lot of publishers have packed in their DLC with the title updates for their games... so if a new title update hits... full redownload, I presume (as if it didn't, then you'd have to download patch 1, patch 2, patch 3, etc. as a new buyer)

Though, of course, it could be that the PS3 version of the Extra Figures data is just absurdly large for mysterious reasons (as we already know that some games have wonky update patches on the PS3 that take up much more space than their 360 counterparts, like how, iirc, King of Fighters XII's PS3 update patch is basically a full redownload of the entire game disc), meaning it contains a lot of duplicate data of stuff that's already on the disc, but since it's part of a component that's being updated it has to be included in the patch 'cause of some weird patching method or something... No clue. Really... Never really had a chance to study the PS3's patching system.

Comment

I'm confused: I am from Germany and there is no update for the PS3 version in the German , american or japanese network ... So I'm not sure how to load it?!?

Comment

Originally posted by TheOrganization View Post
                  If not it'll probably be action style figures of the other mercs characters that we have (excella and josh)
                  There are already figures of Excella and Josh in the original game.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                    There are already figures of Excella and Josh in the original game.
                    But he meant Action Style, as in with guns I suppose...

Anyway I bet that at least 1 of those figures is the new monster from LiN... The others, I have no clue, maybe we'll find out in two days

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

I got the PS3 patch just a little while ago after I downloaded the X360 add ons.

I got prompted before the game started up, so it is out (an I'm in the USA).
                      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

im downloadin the new patch now, cant wait

Comment

Not available for me yet. I'm in Switzerland, maybe later...

Comment

IS PATCH OUT IN USA YET ?

Comment

Apparently. Also, your caps lock is broken. You might wanna get that fixed.

Comment

oop, sorry.. is patch out for USA yet ?

Comment

Working...
                                X