Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 5 - Extra Figurers DLC (and 2.0 patch) available on PSN and Xbox LIVE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i live in Appleton .. that cool.. i am glad that Rebecca is in Merc Reunion but she is cool to play from RE Zero...

Comment

So you're not even that far way.. Pretty cool.
      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Originally posted by vegeta21x View Post
        So this comes with the versus mode?? and i didnt have to pay for it last week?? >
        No. The data for Versus is likely to be included in the archive. To play Versus you'll still have to purchase the Versus DLC.

Comment

For those in Europe, I don't think the update applies to region B yet.

Comment

I just saw this and was like O Shit. I just turned on PS3 and I'm downloading the patch as we speak.

Comment

Anyone else find Chris' Warrior figurine pose EXTREMELY sexy? omg I'm gonna melt!

Comment

Anyone else find Sheva's Fairy Tale figurine pose EXTREMELY sexy? omg I'm gonna melt!
                Fixed... Well, at least for me.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Don't know if this was mentioned already but Barry will be included in the LIN episode with Excella while Rebecca will be in the DE with Josh.

Comment

Just DL'd the patch...and GOT DAMN, Sheva's new figures are positively scrumptious.

Om nom nom nom.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                      Just DL'd the patch...and GOT DAMN, Sheva's new figures are positively scrumptious.

Om nom nom nom.

Attached Files
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm in in the US as well and I got the patch as soon as I started RE5 a few ours ago. Isn't Lost In Nightmares going to be available on the 17th?

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                          DLC stacks on both platforms, but update patches don't "stack" (for sure on the 360, can't say I'm 110% sure on the PS3). But 'ccause of the bandwidth costs on the PlayStation Network, a lot of publishers have packed in their DLC with the title updates for their games... so if a new title update hits... full redownload, I presume (as if it didn't, then you'd have to download patch 1, patch 2, patch 3, etc. as a new buyer)

Though, of course, it could be that the PS3 version of the Extra Figures data is just absurdly large for mysterious reasons (as we already know that some games have wonky update patches on the PS3 that take up much more space than their 360 counterparts, like how, iirc, King of Fighters XII's PS3 update patch is basically a full redownload of the entire game disc), meaning it contains a lot of duplicate data of stuff that's already on the disc, but since it's part of a component that's being updated it has to be included in the patch 'cause of some weird patching method or something... No clue. Really... Never really had a chance to study the PS3's patching system.
                          The content of the patch actually gets you to create data for Version 2.0 on your HDD when you're finished installing it. I don't believe it's stacked version data and made you re-download content from previous updates.

My personal theory on the size differences between platforms is actually due to bandwidth costs on the PSN. And thus Capcom has included some of the base information needed for the DLC into this system update to save on costs for the bandwidth used for the DLC.

Sony charges less for system update bandwidth usage than it does for the DLC content bandwidth. Where as the 360 has subs for all content due to the XBL subscription levels, the PSN is free and thus overall it will cost Capcom more to provide it to PS3 users.

This way it will take a small fraction of potential cost in bandwidth off each PS3 user who download new game content, which overall will save the company money and make more profit off the PS3 DLC.

Of course this is all only my theory and I guess it'll be confirmed once the first DLC hits both platforms and we see how big each is. If they're both the same size roughly then my theory is bunk.

Comment

Originally posted by djepic112 View Post
                            For those in Europe, I don't think the update applies to region B yet.
                            The hell is region b?

Comment

One of Jill special moves has been updated !!
                              It's the strongest now
                              Her Cartweelkick attacks 2 times now
                              I mean .. You can CLEARLY hear 2 hits
                              LIN save data size is nearly 1 MB

Comment

Originally posted by Zero38 View Post
                                One of Jill special moves has been updated !!
                                It's the strongest now
                                Her Cartweelkick attacks 2 times now
                                I mean .. You can CLEARLY hear 2 hits
                                That happens if we play the normal Mercenaries mode?

Comment

Working...
                                X