Rain sucks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain sucks!

After getting home from work today I had a rather nasty surprise waiting for me. I went over to my parents section of the house, and the cats (which they normally put down at night are clawing and scraping at the cellar door). Its not an odd occurance, so I ignore it and chalk it up to them wanting up for the day. It was too early..So about an hour later my father goes down there and the whole basment is flooded.

I spent 3 hours cleaning the water up with two shop vacs. It sucked, but thank god I moved my stuff out of there a long time ago.

Turns out the problem is the rain gutters. Previously we had them routed into the sewer system, but the city didnt like that and made a new ordinance that its illegal. So we set pipes down to direct the water however that somehow failed and now pretty much everything in the basment is ruined. Hurray for city planners!

Sorry to hear that Dot! My nexdoor neighboor's back part of the house gets flooded pretty bad. Its a good thing You did move everything out in time.

Comment

The worst part was a large pool formed near the cat litter box (pictured). It took a lot of the litter and made a soup like pool (thankfully it wasnt USED litter....eeuughh). It was so slick I almost fell a couple times D;

Comment

I just now noticed the litter box, yea good thing it wasn't used that would leave a nasty mess

Comment

Man, be careful, cat litter has amoniac in it.

Comment

Whats amoniac? or was that some kind of joke? thats something thats seirous though..

Comment

It's ammonia, sorry. It produces toxic fumes. It's probably not deadly, but it's a gas you want to avoid inhaling.

Comment

Down here in Florida, we can't have basements.... Damn sea level...

Comment

I don't have a cellar either. In fact, i don't know anyone near me who has. Don't know why, they just don't seem to add cellars to houses round here. And i'm about 600 hundred feet above sea level...
                  Oh well, just have to make do with just an attic

Comment

I have a crawspace and an attic

Comment

We have attics... But they have spiders in them >_> Ergo, I stay clear the fuck away from there (not to mention it's hot as a camel's balls).

Comment

I hate spiders too dude! I have a garden spider thats black and yellow thats been hanging on the outside of My window for almost a month now lol

Comment

I get spider webs in my face every night..Then people see me as Im walking back to the car grasping at my face, probably thinking im insane XD

Thankfully its winter now and that rarely happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                            I get spider webs in my face every night..
                            Stop trying to fight Spiderman...

Or have sex with Spiderwoman...

She's still hot though <33

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X