Scariest part of RE2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scariest part of RE2?

I am curious! What part of RE2 scared you the most? Me it was either running from those dogs a Sherry or the part where those Zombies are in the room where they keep dead people in the police station. I am getting ready to play the game again so maybe more things will scare me that I forgot about!

For me, it's the licker that jumps through the glass in the interrogation room.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
      For me, it's the licker that jumps through the glass in the interrogation room.
      That's what I would say. The first time I played I was so not expecting that. xD

Comment

When I first played Resident Evil 2 back when I was like...12, the scariest parts were: The licker jumping through the glass, the zombies reaching through the boarded windows, and most scenes involving Mr.X.

Comment

I forgot about the licker jumping through the glass! The part in the beginning going through the hallway to the room where you find the red jewel and it has those chairs all around. It looks like a classroom kind of. That part where the zombies reach from those boards. Pretty scary I agree! It made me jump just now!

Comment

lol, back when I had just gotten into the series I was either 9 or 10. The scariest parts for
            me that I can remember were "Licker Jumping through the 2-way mirror", "The gazillion
            crows that break through the windows in Scenario A with the creepy music", "Zombies
            grabbing you through the boards" and "The door opening sequence where zombies appear
            in scenario A in the room where you get the valve, and again...the creepy music".

I was pretty much scared of the music in both the zombie door cutscene & Crows
            breaking through the windows where Mr. X is supposed to appear in scenario B.
            Last edited by Kaneco; 02-26-2010, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Leon's hair. It's a shock it's never attacked anyone but Leon.

I personally liked the lead up to the first licker, with it flashing across the window. Although I have to admit, the two way glass licker wins on pure jump factor. They managed to time it just so you convince yourself you've gotten confused, that it happens in the other scenario or something, and BOOM!

Comment

The final fight with Mr. X in Scenario B. Not really scary, but it's damn tense, sometimes those swipe attacks are a complete bitch to dodge.

Comment

It's gotta be when Birkin pulls Irons to the manhole and then only his torso pops up... 1st licker was scary at the time too.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

The first time the zombies busted through Kendo's window, I shut off my PS1 and sprinted upstairs to my parents. I was 9.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                      The first time the zombies busted through Kendo's window, I shut off my PS1 and sprinted upstairs to my parents. I was 9.
                      I always exited through the door, not noticing or caring about the ammo. Though I can't imagine I'd have reacted any less frightened. I remember when the crows broke through the Mr. X hallway windows I cowered behind a pillow. Someone else was playing it. Not to mention the encounter with the G-Imago. As a kid (and not having seen Alien) both the chestbursting and mutating in front of you in the sewers disturbed the hell outta me.

Comment

Resident Evil: Fucking with children's minds since 1996.

Comment

Those were the days when most M rated games were fit for children, if a little intense. None of the interactive dramas, prostitute-killing sandboxes, and Jill vaginas of today.

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
                            Those were the days when most M rated games were fit for children, if a little intense. None of the interactive dramas, prostitute-killing sandboxes, and Jill vaginas of today.
                            True that, same goes for movies; it's all about thrillers & assassins.
                            I remember when I first saw "The exorcist", I was either 5 or 6...that
                            was so intense back in the day.

Comment

The whole damn game was scary when you're only 10 years old.

Most of what is said above is just jump factors.

But still if I had to pick a scariest part, would have be the RPD basement, just the music alone is enough to shit you up. I still find it unsettling even today.

Comment

Working...
                              X