RE: Resident Evil 5 360 Desperate Escape Achievement Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Resident Evil 5 360 Desperate Escape Achievement Issue

Just a general heads up for those of you who've downloaded Desperate Escape and unlocked achievements before the DLC achievements are properly registered on LIVE, it seems like the achievements (as of writing this) aren't properly registered on LIVE yet (just like Lost in Nightmares' achievements weren't at first either);

So if you've unlocked any achievements, but they don't show up on your gamertag when other people are viewing it to compare gamerscores, its points won't add to your total score, and/or it doesn't show when you view your gamertag on Xbox.com, here's how to fix this;

Method #1:
    -Use the Recover Gamertag feature. Just sign out from Xbox LIVE on your Xbox 360, then press the Guide Button and select the option "Recover Gamertag". Fill in your gamertag info (Gamertag, e-mail + password) and let it do its thing (this might take some time if you have a lot of achievements as it needs to re-download/verify all your achievement data.) You'll gamertag will now be identical to the info seen when you log-in on Xbox.com.

Method #2:
    -Use a different storage device. If you have multiple storage devices and keep a copy of your gamertag on each; load your gamertag from the device that it was not loaded from when you unlocked the achievement. Connect to LIVE and make sure it updates your gamerscore and verify whether it shows your previously broken achievement or not.

**UPDATE**
    Seems like the achievements are now up on Xbox.com, so it should be safe to unlock them now
    Last edited by Carnivol; 03-04-2010, 05:48 AM.

Ahhh crap. I was "victim" of this. As I've said before: No one should mess with one man's gamerscore. Ahh I've replayed it just for fun and I got two more achievements... I hope this gets fixed soon, I don't want to kill 150 enemies AGAIN.
    Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 03-03-2010, 07:52 PM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

so is safe now?? ... yesteday night, I beat the game with my sister and we both got 2 archievements, that didn't add us any points O_O , so we have to use the recover gamertag thing (thanks).

Comment

I resolved this with LIN past few days since the acquisition. I think it's a update problem.

For example, with DE was updated past few hours...

Comment

It's been fixed, I had to re-unlock the achievements after recovering my gamertag.

Comment

The second piece of story DLC for Resident Evil 5, Desperate .....
            they will bring it to 360 with unlockable achievements, obviously.

Comment

Great post, thanks for that.

Comment

hey carnivol.... thanks for posting the methods and sharing the post....

Comment

Working...
                X