Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

28 Signs ... That Chris and Jill are lovers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jagger916 View Post
    Haha.

There's a NSFW one out there. Sheva helps.
    I've seen that. It's sheer genius.

Although, really. There aren't that many canon Resident Evil relationships out there. Romance isn't really the focus of the games. Pretty much anything when it comes to 'canon' relationships in the series is all subtext, nothing is ever stated outright.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Ashford View Post
      I've seen that. It's sheer genius.

Although, really. There aren't that many canon Resident Evil relationships out there. Romance isn't really the focus of the games. Pretty much anything when it comes to 'canon' relationships in the series is all subtext, nothing is ever stated outright.
      Exactly, which is why, at least in the fanfiction world, there are so many fights about pairings. I've seen some VICIOUS flames before, just because a person doesn't like the pairings.

But all we have to go on are subtleties and hints. I mean, Capcom wouldn't put something like Leon saying "She's a part of me I can't let go" for nothing? At least that's my opinion.

But I agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Vogue_Dirge View Post
        Exactly, which is why, at least in the fanfiction world, there are so many fights about pairings. I've seen some VICIOUS flames before, just because a person doesn't like the pairings.

But all we have to go on are subtleties and hints. I mean, Capcom wouldn't put something like Leon saying "She's a part of me I can't let go" for nothing? At least that's my opinion.

But I agree with you.
        I've seen some serious flames out there because of all the rival pairings. Leon/Claire vs. Leon/Ada, Alfred/Alexia vs. Alexia/Wesker, hell, even Jill/Irving vs. Jill/Chris. It can get ridiculous.

Although, yes, some of the hints we're given are pretty big. But some of them are open to interpretation. What someone could see as signs of romance, others could see as signs of just a really strong bond/friendship. Capcom needs to stop being so secretive about it.

Comment

I've seen some serious flames out there because of all the rival pairings. Leon/Claire vs. Leon/Ada, Alfred/Alexia vs. Alexia/Wesker, hell, even Jill/Irving vs. Jill/Chris. It can get ridiculous.

Although, yes, some of the hints we're given are pretty big. But some of them are open to interpretation. What someone could see as signs of romance, others could see as signs of just a really strong bond/friendship. Capcom needs to stop being so secretive about it.
          The Leon/Claire vs. Leon/Ada is the only real vicious stuff I've seen, since I'm in the Leon/Ada fandom. I can't count how many times there have been trolls in our Leon/Ada forum on FF.net.

I think Capcom does it so the players can draw their own conclusions, IMO. I actually kind of like that. The interactions between characters are up to our own interpretations, I think it makes the fandom more fun, because people can paint their own relationships out of what we've been given.
          Last edited by Vogue_Dirge; 03-08-2010, 12:48 AM.

Comment

You can't cunt how many times?

Comment

*waves magic edit wand*

I don't know what you're talking about....

Comment

^ Oh, grammar Nazi's.

Yeah, sometimes Ship-Wars can get a little... frightening. Now that I think of it, ChrisXJill is actually a whole lot more plausible than other pairings (JillXIrving? Psssht, JillXExcella is more plausible than that ). But, what makes many pairs frightening isn't the pairing itself (well, sometimes... I'm so looking at AlfredXSteveXRockfort Island Prisoners), but some of the supporters behind them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vogue_Dirge View Post
                  *waves magic edit wand*

I don't know what you're talking about....
                  Should've made a "you can cunt on me" joke.

Comment

Capcom needs to stop being so secretive about it.
                    This shouldn't happen, by leaving interpretation open to the player they can imagine them as best suits them. Partners, close friends or lovers it can be whatever you like and enjoy the game/story more because of it.
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                      But, what makes many pairs frightening isn't the pairing itself (well, sometimes... I'm so looking at AlfredXSteveXRockfort Island Prisoners), but some of the supporters behind them.
                      -shudders at the very thought-

Comment

^ I swear, I need to find that fic. Read it, like, a year ago. lol, 'tis not as bad as you think. ;D

Comment

^

That sounds like the very worst thing I could ever imagine in the history of ever. But now I'm morbidly curious.

Comment

Trust me, there's worse shit out there. Think about Sherry and around 15 zombies. You're welcome.

Comment

^ Been there, done that (eww, girls!!!).

I shall write a new fic! Alfred and 20,000 Rockfort Prisoners v. Steve. Hell yeah.

On topic (lol), I still think Jill and Chris could have a happy future in the REverse together. I mean, it would be a decent way to end their story, imo. Who knows?

Comment

*looking at all recent posts in this thread*:

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                                scary shit
                                Indeed!

Comment

Working...
                                X