No announcement yet.

PS3 has come out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I plan on getting a PS3 eventually. Right now there is no title I want for it and none coming out for it for a long time that I'm gonna want to desperately have right at release, so I'm not worried about it. Hopefully by then it will have gone down in price some and all that good stuff. Gonna be getting me a 360 for X-mas, since there's really nothing for the Wii I want really, and quite a few 360 games out and coming out that I'm quite interested in.

Kinda wish I had bought one just to sell on E-bay though. Hypocritical yeah, cause I think it's ridiculous people are doing it, but on the other hand it's a dandy profit. . . meh, too late now to worry about, cause I'm broke after spending all my money on x-mas. XD

And I didn't think any details were finalized/confirmed for BH5 at this point? Chris Redfield being the guy in the teaser was just a common speculation. Kinda behind on confirmed news these days in the BH scene, so I dunno. Though I am pretty positive March 2007 is definately not gonna happen for BH5, haha. Last I heard, from a recent post on this very forum even, was that last heard about it was that they were still in the very early stages. Oh well.
    sigpic

Comment

I am pretty positive March 2007 is definately not gonna happen for BH5, haha.

===

The source is from Hongkong Game Magazine, the Game Next, last edition.

The issue is in March of 2007. Not I fake things.

check it w/ HK friends if u really have any. they will be able to show u this.

On Playstation 3. and X-Box is later than this period.

Comment

3 months from release and theirs no news? No. Noones even played the game in reguards to journalists. Dont pass off trash as fact simply because you read it in a rag

Comment

Originally posted by viper2 View Post
          The most funny part of all this is the fact that people is buying ps3 for re-sell it in eBay with ridiculously expensive prices.
          Mhm! I saw one for i think it was $9000 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
            Actually, those "200 games" are 200 SKU's, which include both original and Greatest Hits/Best/Platinum versions. Still, given the fact that upscaling isn't possible on the console, playing those old games on the PS3 is pointless unless you want to save space.
            Exactly yeah, i'd be using the backwards compatability just to save space. Don't have any room for anymore consoles, and i still have hundreds of PSone and PS2 games to play through. And i think the official line on incompatable games was about 2.7% to be exact(when you take Greatest Hits, Platinum etc versions into consideration).

The only worries about the backwards compatability on PS3 that i have is that there are reports that it actually makes some games look noticeably worse. Hopefully a Firmware update will fix this issue though.

And yeah, no Dual Shock support on PS3 is very disappointing for me. I like my rumble One of the reasons why i've never bothered picking up a Wavebird Controller for my Gamecube.

And i doubt Resident Evil 5 will be out on PS3 in 3 months either, the magazine has obviously got their facts wrong. March 2008 maybe? I think whats more likely is that we'll actually see some new news on it in 3 months.
            Last edited by Cyber_Shinobi; 12-17-2006, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber_Shinobi View Post
              And yeah, no Dual Shock support on PS3 is very disappointing for me. I like my rumble One of the reasons why i've never bothered picking up a Wavebird Controller for my Gamecube.
              Same with me. Some people don't enjoy rumble, but I love it. I'm actually kindof sad that the wiimote has such limited rumble functionality...

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                3 months from release and theirs no news? No. Noones even played the game in reguards to journalists. Dont pass off trash as fact simply because you read it in a rag
                The game book say it - I don't create stories

Comment

What he's trying to say is don't believe everything you read just because it is in a magazine. I can't believe RE5 would be coming out in March 2007 since we don't even have a confirmed idea of where it might take place exactly. Some speculate that RE5 will take place in Africa or the middle east. It doesn't necessarily mean it is true.
                  Last edited by VirusPunk; 12-18-2006, 04:32 AM.

Comment

I don't think it will come out in March. Many games are given un-realistic dates, i think a closer mark woud be next Christmas.

Comment

I can get these craps with cheapo price, but only gets 20+/- bucks off and sell em in UK. if you all really wanna buy, i'll import some.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlumit View Post
                        The game book say it - I don't create stories
                        The mag do =P

Comment

PS3 really in Asia (only know HK) on 17/11/2K6.

But get it later may be able to get lower price.

Don't try to ask any asian friends to mail PS3 to your foreign home, because the foreign customs are censoring all possible mails containing PS3 (HK bought, JP made) and will take them out, and seize all PS3.

and Bio5 is just predicted in 2008, may not be able to, so taking PS3 really have no use / purpose for BioHazard supporters.

why? because even PS and PS2 games, it can't be played or loaded properly on PS3.

maybe take a PS3 with u in 2008 to 2009 is the best. Bio5 may be issued in late 2008 at the quickest.
                          even capcom said that late 2008 is just their target. they told biohazard fans wait for 2009 instead.
                          Last edited by Arlumit; 02-05-2007, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlumit View Post
                            why? because even PS and PS2 games, it can't be played or loaded properly on PS3.
                            Sorry, but that quote is massively exaggerated, and a lot of the problems that did exist with its backwards compatability were fixed with a firmware update that was released last month.

I guess thats a plus point of us European users getting the PS3 late, because a lot of the bugs US and Japanese users have been experiencing will have been ironed out.

But i'll still probably give it 6 months or so before i pick one up, a year even. It'll take it that long to build up a worthwhile library of games imo.
                            Last edited by Cyber_Shinobi; 02-08-2007, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Aside from Silent Hill 1 and MKT, every single PS and PS2 game I have plays flawlessly on the system. In fact, PS2 games load faster and 480p upscaling (well, "enhanced resolution") is standard for both old format software.

I haven't retired my US PS2 just yet because the patch to install the Outbreak games on the HDD hasn't been released. Chances are, it won't... so I'll just have to get bored out of the games eventually.

Comment

Sorry, but that quote is massively exaggerated, and a lot of the problems that did exist with its backwards compatability were fixed with a firmware update that was released last month.

I guess thats a plus point of us European users getting the PS3 late, because a lot of the bugs US and Japanese users have been experiencing will have been ironed out.

But i'll still probably give it 6 months or so before i pick one up, a year even. It'll take it that long to build up a worthwhile library of games imo.
                                Not only later to get PS3, the price is killingly higher. About (12500*599) Won. 599 Euro in real, here just 525.4 Euro. but if transfer into Korean Won...

5254/8 equals to how much , the divided is in Won, then yes, that is Korean Won price.

but Europe always sell in higher price. u can't just buy from asia and bring to your own country, because EU-customs are order to investigate any asian PS3

And i doubt Resident Evil 5 will be out on PS3 in 3 months either, the magazine has obviously got their facts wrong. March 2008 maybe? I think whats more likely is that we'll actually see some new news on it in 3 months.
                                Even 2008 may not be able to release.
                                Last edited by Arlumit; 02-25-2007, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X