PS3 has come out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyber_Shinobi View Post
    How do you know the 360 won't flop? The Dreamcast was a huge success, INITIALLY. It was also much easier for developers to develop for... and a great console
    I don't know it won't, i'm just saying considering it does the same thing as the PS3 from the consumer view and is easier to use from the developer's view, it seems like it will be victorious over the PS3. It's just my guess. And considering there are about 7 million 360s out atm, you can't really argue with numbers. Of course thats an estimate, but the DC didn't have this kindof an advantage over the PS2. Also, the problem with your comparison is that the PS2 really hit off with consumers because it played DVDs, albeit horribly. The whole thing about playing Blu-ray compared to dvds is irrelevant as only owners of HDTVs will really see the improvement in quality of video.

When i said niche, i meant obscure Japanese games. So considering the fact that its very unlikely that Microsoft will ever be bigger than Sony or Nintendo in Japan, what you've just said is a bit of a null point
    Its like the Saturn, utter flop in the west but did pretty well in Japan with some amazing games that never saw the light of day outside of there.
    Once again an irrelevant comparison as the Saturn wasn't a success here mainly because of SEGA of america. IT wouldn't allow any 2D games for the most part, so we had a limited library. And with Square Enix and Tecmo on Microsofts side as well, we could see an 360 turn over in Japan. Considering the 360s have started selling like hotcakes because of the blue dragon bundles, I would disagree that the 360 couldn't outsell the PS3. As for obscure japanese games, its Wii a go go baby, as viewtiful might say. If it is popular, combined with its ease and relatively inexpensive development costs, all the bizarre PS2 games will probably go to the wii.

And as i said, i'm buying all 3 anyway. So i'll be enjoying the best all 3 have to offer while fanboys bicker among each other for the next 5 or so years over which is best
    Eh, waste of money. I say get one of them, maybe two, and get the others when they are cheap or used and you can pick up all the greats for relatively cheap.

All these predictions I have are just predictions that I have based off past trends and current pros and cons of the consoles.

Comment

I really don't care what Japan does, if majority of Japanese prefer Sony it isn't going to make me change my mind. I love America.

The PS2 was a bigger hit in America than the Xbox was because of the previous console it had, so I think Microsoft deserves a little credibility this time around. I'm not a fan boy but I hope Microsoft sells out big time. There are just too many great games not to pass up, everyone needs to get a 360.
      Last edited by VirusPunk; 11-26-2006, 08:16 PM.

Comment

I heard that even PS or PS2 games can't be played properly in PS3. think before u buy, that is my advice.

Comment

Why are you so upset by me wanting to buy a PS3 Metaleggman? You seem on a mission to try and change my mind
          We all have to make a choice, and this is mine.

Heck, i might even end up with a Wii or 360 first considering the PS3 isn't out here till next year, but i'll still be buying one.
          Originally posted by metaleggman View Post
          Eh, waste of money. I say get one of them, maybe two, and get the others when they are cheap or used and you can pick up all the greats for relatively cheap.
          And thats EXACTLY what i plan to do. Like i said, i'm in no rush, and i won't be an early adopter. Made that mistake before...

About 2% of Psone and Pstwo games not working properly on the PS3 yet(but even that could be rectified with a firmware update) is hardly a disaster Arlumit. Thats a story thats been blown all out of proportion.
          The PS2 isn't 100% backwards compatible either, yet i have only ever had problems playing 1 PSone game on it, Arcades Greatest Hits - Atari....
          Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
          I really don't care what Japan does, if majority of Japanese prefer Sony it isn't going to make me change my mind. I love America.
          Yeah but that wasn't my point. My point is i like Japanese games, so the consoles that does best in Japan are obviously going to get the most Japanese made games made for it.
          Last edited by Cyber_Shinobi; 11-27-2006, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber_Shinobi View Post
            Why are you so upset by me wanting to buy a PS3 Metaleggman? You seem on a mission to try and change my mind
            We all have to make a choice, and this is mine.
            See this is where you aren't paying attention. I'm not trying to change your mind about anything. I'm just voicing my opinion. If that changes your mind, great, if it doesn't, also great.

And thats EXACTLY what i plan to do. Like i said, i'm in no rush, and i won't be an early adopter. Made that mistake before...
            Never said you weren't going to do that. It's just what I am going to do.

About 2% of Psone and Pstwo games not working properly on the PS3 yet(but even that could be rectified with a firmware update) is hardly a disaster Arlumit. Thats a story thats been blown all out of proportion.
            The PS2 isn't 100% backwards compatible either, yet i have only ever had problems playing 1 PSone game on it, Arcades Greatest Hits - Atari....
            actually from my awesome mathematical prowess, 200 divided by 3000 equals 6.6 repeating, or basically 7 percent. Not two. Lol, those are the estimates right? Also, most of the games that didn't follow Sony's ETC or w/e its called aren't supported on the PS2. It's more than one I believe.

Like I said, I'm not on a mission to not have you buy a PS3. Go ahead. Why again would I want to stop you from buying a PS3? I mean, its your money, go ahead.

Comment

Actually, those "200 games" are 200 SKU's, which include both original and Greatest Hits/Best/Platinum versions. Still, given the fact that upscaling isn't possible on the console, playing those old games on the PS3 is pointless unless you want to save space.

Comment

from what i've read the ps3 upscaled all ps2 games to 480p thats still upgrading isnt it heh, and besides its a good way to keep playing your ps2 games and sell the actual ps2 console to make some extra cash. Plus the ps3 allows you to make virtual memory cards on the HDD etc

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                  from what i've read the ps3 upscaled all ps2 games to 480p thats still upgrading isnt it heh, and besides its a good way to keep playing your ps2 games and sell the actual ps2 console to make some extra cash. Plus the ps3 allows you to make virtual memory cards on the HDD etc
                  yes, but there is no backwards compatability with regular Dual Shock 2s. That sucks considering unlike Sony, I like Rumble. They need to make a usb adapter me thinks

Comment

There is a USB adapter for older controllers

Comment

Yeah, just like there is a HDMI and Component cables are sold seperatly too.

How compatible is that adapter with recognition of third party and optional controllers though ?
                      I heard the guitar hero controller has issues getting recognized.

Also, how are the USB devices handled in PS2 games?
                      (USB microphones/Headsets, USB ethernet adapters and such)

With the more and more common stuff with online play, has the PSX LINK been resurrected through emulation? (I think they should, even though not many games after 1999/2000, if any at all, supports it)

The PS3 has potential, I give it that, but it seriously feels half-assed, rushed and at the moment it's just not very attractive, even though it's been delayed several times.
                      It pretty much fails at living up to the "piece of perfection" Sony tries to make it sound like it is.
                      Last edited by Carnivol; 11-29-2006, 05:02 AM.

Comment

I don't think those are official adaptors, but since you're running Linux on the thing, you can use any USB adaptor.

The analog out (AV out) is the same as the PS and PS2 so you can use your old cables. HDMI cables are pretty common and cheap, and frankly, I'm not sure why people were expecting Sony to bundle one with the console. Component is another matter though.

There certainly are issues, but it seems that much of their intial efforts went into the engineering of the console to ensure that the whole PS2 launch defect problems are repeated. It was delayed once btw :p It's been out for a short while anyway. I'm actually glad I didn't get one, because I seriously cannot find one compelling title until March.

Right now, my beef is with the issue of upscaling... a key issue given the fact that it's an HD console. Btw AJ, I don't think PS/PS2 titles are upscaled to 480p.. you'll have to turn it on if a game supports it.

Comment

Actually, I haven't been able to find a decent priced retail HDMI cable. Most places seem to only stock the expensive monster ones, with a mark up of like 50 bucks for what they actually pay for those things. They practically taking your money if you buy one. But fortunately, HDMI is digital, so buying a cheaper cable off eBay really isn't a problem. BTW, does the PS3 have gold connectors?

Comment

www.monoprice.com 8$ HDMI cable, works fine with my PS3 and is gold plated. All retail stores mark up cables because they are assholes.

Comment

The most funny part of all this is the fact that people is buying ps3 for re-sell it in eBay with ridiculously expensive prices.

Comment

The first game in PS3 about BioHazard will be BioHazard 5. it is heard to be issued here in 2007 March

and the cast is Chris ReField

Comment

Working...
                                X