X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh how sad, I loved Big Star's song September Gurls

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Corson View Post
      One of my favorite musicians of all time, Big Star's Alex Chilton, died today of an apparent heart attack... I'm absolutely gutted.
      Umm, wow?

RIP Alex Chilton. I'm thinking of "Back of a Car" now.

Comment

Don't think anyone here's really heard of this guy (besides Anders, maybe), but it seems like PÃ¥l Bang-Hansen passed away today.

He's a Norwegian actor and movie critic. Guess you could kinda say he's to a certain extent and in many ways the Norwegian equivalent of Roger Ebert. People who know me on a personal level might be aware of the fact that I've got a thing for imitating his speech pattern and his rather unusual way of picking words to express himself.

Comment

Dixie Carter, a star on Designing Women died Saturday, according to Yahoo and a few other news sources. I used th watch that show when I was really young.
          sigpic
          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Sex Pistols former manager Malcolm McLaren has died at 64.
            sigpic

Comment

Not much love for international politics?

The Polish President, some of his staff and various key military personnel died in a plane crash a couple of days ago. I guess being the Polish President should give you a membership card to the celeb club.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                Not much love for international politics?

The Polish President, some of his staff and various key military personnel died in a plane crash a couple of days ago. I guess being the Polish President should give you a membership card to the celeb club.
                I didn't hear about this until today's afternoon news. Very, very sad. It's heartbreaking to see a nation mourn.

Comment

I was shocked with Corey Haim and Brittany Murphy's death. I've also seen an article about a newspaper writing an obituary for Lindsay Lohan.

Comment

Apparently Peter Steele from Type O Negative passed away yesterday. There was a bit of a hoax a few years back along the same lines, so we're still waiting confirmation, supposedly. If so, it's unfortunate. He's one hell of a singer/bass player <3

Comment

Hopefully that's not true. Type o negative is sweet.

Comment

Yeah. Saw that... too early to say whether or not it's another joke on their end.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                          Yeah. Saw that... too early to say whether or not it's another joke on their end.
                          Apparently two of the band mates confirmed it, so...RIP?

Comment

Seems like Frank Frazetta's down too now

Comment

That one surprised me... even given his advanced age.

Comment

My dad had the Death Dealer tattooed on his left arm. I am now sad.

Comment

Working...
                                X