PS3 backwards compatibility issues with some Biohazard games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 backwards compatibility issues with some Biohazard games

Coinciding with the PS3 launch, SCEI put up a search engine for the system's backwards compatibility with PS and PS2 titles that you can find here:

Unfortunately, it seems that there are a few problems listed while running Biohazard 2 Dual Shock version and Gun Survivor 2, as well as the Biohazard 2 demo (included with the Director's Cut). The mini list is as follows:

- BH2 Dual Shock's main menu is partially displayed.
    - BH2 demo's cardiogram in the items menu isn't displayed.
    - Gun Survivor 2's demo movie may skip or freeze.

Thanks to CVXFREAK for the translation

EDIT: It should be noted that the HDD install mode in the Outbreak games currently doesn't work on the PS3. The downloadable PS1 titles for the PSP aren't up yet either.
    Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 11-11-2006, 09:30 PM.

The PSP version 3.0 firmware, which will support the PS1 titles will be released by the end of November also. =)

Comment

Lol, lets just hope they don't get as lazy as microsoft when it comes to fixing compatability
      I wonder how well the Wii's compatability will be, considering its really just an overclocked cube with more memory and such...

Comment

Anyone have an proper words on how the "Virtual console" compatibility on the Wii is handled ?

the GC compatibility is entirely hardware, so that one should be perfect/99.99%-ish, most likely.

I know rumors earlier suggested it would be using stuff ala a NOC, but not only for NES, but also SNES and N64. (Though, Nintendo has already shown off pretty good emulators for all 3 platforms running on the GC)

Sega already has a pretty darned good emulator for their cartridge based consoles, so I guess the Sega titles are for sure entirely software (+guess Nintendo + Sega hardware = still a no go)

As for 360/PS3 compatibility, the PS3 uses hybrid hardware/software it seems, which creates the incompatibility we now see.
        MS is entirely software based, as the Xbox and 360 uses totally different hardware. So lazyness is not really the thing to blame for the lack of "fixing" of the compatibility. Though, I do wish my precious Smilebit games will get supported by the emulator soon >_>

Comment

Well even the PS2 had compatability problems even though it was purely hardware backwards compatability(but thats cuz Sony only supported complete ETC compliant games). As for the Emulators on the wii, they should all be superb. You must remember that first of all, all the emulators already exist on the computer, so you'd be suprised how often companies either steal or license the emulator(actually I think they always steal it ). Take that and add it to the fact that these are the makers of the consoles creating the emulators. They know the systems like the back of their hands. One time on another forum, when the wii supposedly would have Sega Saturn support, someone said that considering the Saturn emulation on computers is so bad and will take quite a while to get good (prolly once we get the CPS3 emulation done ), but I just replied saying that its sega making it, they know the console inside and out and have all the equipment to make a great emulator most likely. Hell, they may even already have one!

Comment

I can confirm that the games load a bit faster on the PS3, and the analog sticks were reworked so the aiming in RE4 is as precise as the GC version. You can change the aspect ratio from the dashboard as well.. but naturally, most of the RE games will be stretched.

Comment

Does anyone know if Sony had testers test games from beginning to hand? I would imagine this would be pretty difficult, they probably just did a quick sweep of the games, huh?

There's probably other things glitched in these games if so..
              If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

Originally posted by romis138 View Post
                Does anyone know if Sony had testers test games from beginning to hand? I would imagine this would be pretty difficult, they probably just did a quick sweep of the games, huh?

There's probably other things glitched in these games if so..
                Well, there could be ways to test compatability with all of the game. They could've somehow made a program to run every bit of code and see if something bad happens. Anyone know if this is possible?

Comment

It is possible, i think. Although it would take a lot to make the code, and even more to set it to the aspects of the games. My friend is in a computer coding course, and they make things like this, but on a lower scale.

Comment

Working...
                  X