X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed.
    sigpic

Comment

I do hope that shield is just concept art. And damn it, they're still keeping the subtitle.
      Last edited by BBboy20; 07-22-2010, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BBboy20 View Post
        I do hope that shield is just concept art. And damn it, they're still keeping the subtitle.
        What's wrong with the subtitle? Or the shield?

Comment

The Shield revealed!

First footage from the first 8 days of shooting shown at Comic-Con

Also, Mark Ruffalo has replaced Edward Norton as Bruce Banner/Hulk for The Avengers -
          Last edited by Vector; 07-25-2010, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
            Also, Mark Ruffalo has replaced Edward Norton as Bruce Banner/Hulk for The Avengers -
            http://movies.ign.com/articles/110/1108380p1.html
            I still wish they'd been awesome enough to pass the role back to Eric Bana
            (which means we possibly could've scored a double and maybe once more see the ever so lovely Jennifer Connelly as Betty)

Comment

I wonder why they replaced Norton, he stated that he was quite excited about the project.
              sigpic

Comment

Not bringing back Norton is still pissing me off to no end. If only there was something to distract me from my anger.

Oh yeah... THIS:

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                  I still wish they'd been awesome enough to pass the role back to Eric Bana
                  (which means we possibly could've scored a double and maybe once more see the ever so lovely Jennifer Connelly as Betty)
                  I'll never understand why people will compare Ang Lee's Hulk to something as trash as Ghost Rider. -_-

Oh Connelly...

What's wrong with the subtitle? Or the shield?
                  Because he's Captain America (aka that he's a stand-alone character); subtitles that are named after teams are generally best used for characters that are best identified from those teams that have the same core (X-Men Origins: focuses on mutants who were part or against said team). It just screams bullshit when you apply that application to a team that's considered the ultimate group that's consist of characters from all walks of life, powers, themes, etc etc...basically, enough characters that they have helped saved and shaped the world in their own ways. Yeah, I know why they added that subtitle but god damn it, Cap deserves a better reason for having his own big budget flick then because he plays a major role in the formation of the Avengers.

As for the Shield, when I first saw a teaser poster, they used the same shape that he used from WW2 which got me excited about the attention of detail they were willing to go through. Yeah, from a logical, a round shield would be a wiser choice but the idea of literally going all the way of representing a character from that timeline brought me hope because shit like Wolverine just irks me to no end about ignoring the fact that you have a film that takes place in the '70s yet you couldn't even tell.

@jagger HHmm, he seems rather stoic in a reserved way while still looking "American".

@Redfield29: Wasn't the serum the first step Roger had to take in order to become the Cap? Wouldn't that be one of the reasons he was considered a "one-man army" or that it was one of the reasons that helped Cap fight against overwhelming odds?
                  Last edited by BBboy20; 07-26-2010, 07:30 AM.

Comment

There has been talk of multiple costumes, why not multiple shields?
                    Maybe he starts out with the sweet-as-fuck retro one before he gets the also-awesome-but-in-a-different-way shield?

Comment

Originally posted by jagger916 View Post
                      There has been talk of multiple costumes, why not multiple shields?
                      Maybe he starts out with the sweet-as-fuck retro one before he gets the also-awesome-but-in-a-different-way shield?
                      I was just paranoid about the usual Hollywood modernizing shit in different timeliness for the sake that you should forget that the plot is a period piece but yeah, that could work as well.

Comment

Heathen Scum! http://marvel.wikia.com/Captain_America%27s_Shield

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                          Who's scum here?
                          Last edited by jagger916; 07-26-2010, 08:09 AM.

Comment

I have no idea. I just like calling people heathen scum. Anyone who doesn't know about the many shield Captain America has wielded over the years?

Comment

http://www.avengersite.com/ Thor the movie trailer
                              Spoiler:

Comment

^ Holy crap. Even for a first trailer, that was really impressive. I don't know why I was skeptical of this movie. I was never a big fan of Thor, but daaaamn...that looks sick. I'm so pumped for next summer's movies.

EDIT: Can a mod change the thread's title to fully encompass The Avengers or maybe just Marvel movies in general? There are many on the way.

EDIT 2: LOL, thanks Carn.
                                Last edited by Vector; 07-29-2010, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X