Clock Tower - Remothered (Fan Remake)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clock Tower - Remothered (Fan Remake)

I know this has been hanging around for a while however I hadn't seen a topic on this here, and Chris Darril has stated that he is still continuing his work on the project (has been in planning with concept designs, art styles since 2007 but what Chris has stated the "real work" began in 2009), which is a fan-recreation of the original Clock Tower for SNES, which was rereleased as "Clock Tower - The First Fear" with a sequel simply titled as "Clock Tower" in Western releases.

Chris Darril has been quoted to have been inspired for the backgrounds by REmake and the engine that he has been experimenting with the game is pretty much a 2D styling but the player isn't limited to moving left or right as seen in the original game but can apparently have a range of motion during gameplay and when escaping from Stalkers. Although, there will be a few more enemies to bring in a bit of fresh air into a classic survival/panic horror game to be released on the PC - in English and subtitled in a few other languages.

The name "Remothered" is used for the general usage of "Reborn", for it to happen all over again.

IMAGES (My apologies, this isn't all of them as I can't seem to find some on my other laptop and ImageShack has lost some of the older ones).

In this spoiler tag, are some general images of the characters (these are from 2007 if my memory is correct).
    Spoiler:

In-game screens from what appears to be the first graphic set
    Spoiler:

In the spoiler tag are some screenshots from the Second Graphic set.

Spoiler:

As well as some wallpapers for the project.
    Spoiler:

There's also a Facebook fan page for the project, that often links to any updates on Chris's YouTube Page which features some tests, gameplay footage as well as teaser trailers.

------------------------------

Personally, I think that it looks good so far - visually and the fan-composed soundtrack to go with it sounds quite good (with only some slight nitpicky issues with instrumentation choices and some note choices that I've had with the compositions'). I've just posted this to see what other survival and/or panic horror fans feel about this one.

Overall, I think it looks good for a fan-remake and I can't wait when a specified date is announced for it's release.

Again, my apologies if this is a repeat thread - I've only posted this as I haven't seen this on THIA.
    ;
    Last edited by Enetirnel; 03-24-2010, 10:30 PM.
    sigpic
    Non-blurry Signature Version
    Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

I don't want to use the expression, 'Jizz in my Pants', but uh...this is hella cool. O_O <3

Lol, Rebecca = Lotte

Comment

Originally posted by Inferno04 View Post
      I don't want to use the expression, 'Jizz in my Pants', but uh...this is hella cool. O_O <3

Lol, Rebecca = Lotte
      XD Yeah, specifically I'm glad that it's not side-scrolling only like the original.

sigpic

Comment

As soon as the translation patch came out for the SNES original I was all over it, but I never got all the endings. This looks amazing though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
          As soon as the translation patch came out for the SNES original I was all over it, but I never got all the endings. This looks amazing though.
          Yeah, the patch was good but I remember that there were some bugs with that (my Dad had kept his SNES - so I remember that).

It really does look amazing, I can't wait to play it once Chris is finished with it!
          Last edited by Enetirnel; 03-25-2010, 12:36 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

It looks....ok. Jennifer's remade skin looks terrible though. It looks like they tried to use Jill Valentine as some sort of facial template, and her breasts are waaaaay too big for a girl that's...what....14? Maybe if they tried to make her look like an actual young girl instead of some bimbo I'd like it better. That was why it was so scary...she's hardly old enough to even physically defend herself. And Anne....Anne makes me think of Diana from Rule of Rose.
            sigpic
            Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
              It looks....ok. Jennifer's remade skin looks terrible though. It looks like they tried to use Jill Valentine as some sort of facial template, and her breasts are waaaaay too big for a girl that's...what....14? Maybe if they tried to make her look like an actual young girl instead of some bimbo I'd like it better. That was why it was so scary...she's hardly old enough to even physically defend herself. And Anne....Anne makes me think of Diana from Rule of Rose.
              I noticed that as well, those were the early graphic sets (I believe it's up to set four now) and he has been referring to REmake for parts, specifically background styling to be similar to REmake so it makes sense to have used the Jill textures as a placeholder.

The face could use some rework in the current one Chris has been using in his latest footage, the breast issue isn't as bad as the first couple of versions - originally he was going to have Jennifer older before he scrapped that and started to go back to the original style. I believe in that second graphic set in my first post I accidentally mixed up the Graphic Set 2, Graphic Set 3 images. Sorry about that. ;

I had thought that as well about Anne, Diana was an interesting character overall and the similar design seems to work for it as another source of inspiration.

Overall, the general quality of the footage hasn't been the best and I agree with you on the issues with Jennifer - personally I'd like to see the character sheets for her and the others outside of footage on YouTube to have a proper look at his remade skin without it having the general quality of it limited.

Personally, I think that he's done quite well (since he is now the only person working on it) for a fan-project.
              sigpic

Comment

This looks pure sexy... Hope this doesn't get stuck like most fan projects.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Watching this actual gave me chills. The game play demo, no less.

I'm really liking what I see so far. Thanks for sharing this <3

Comment

OMG!!! Pure sexy!

I've heard about this project a long ago, when the early pictures were shown in a website, it wasn't more than a buch of beta pictures...

Can't believe now how much he has progressed on the project!, it looks awesome!!!.

I'll keep my eye on this. I'm a truly fan of HG and CT series!

I love all the pictures!

Comment

Was goofing around on wikipedia, and I ran into this little tid bit at the bottom:

Remake

In February 2009, Mansyon Soft. an independent video game company has released information on the development of a remake to the first 1995 Hifumi Kohno's Clock Tower game, entitled Remothered. Now in the production stage, the game is coming along nicely with released gameplay videos and images. However at the moment there is no official release date for the game, but you can get more information at the game's facebook page.

Is this related by any chance, or...?

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                        This looks pure sexy... Hope this doesn't get stuck like most fan projects.
                        I hope so as well, initially it started out with a small team and now it's only Chris working on this himself - he's stated as a huge fan of the original SNES Clock Tower game, that he is going to go the distance - finish and release it because he enjoyed and loved the original so much he simply had to remake it and do it a bit more justice.

Originally posted by YamiYumes View Post
                        Watching this actual gave me chills. The game play demo, no less.

I'm really liking what I see so far. Thanks for sharing this <3
                        Not a problem!

This current graphic set version looks a lot better than the past ones, although the frame rate and graphics are a lot better than what we can see in Chris' footage.

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
                        OMG!!! Pure sexy!

I've heard about this project a long ago, when the early pictures were shown in a website, it wasn't more than a buch of beta pictures...

Can't believe now how much he has progressed on the project!, it looks awesome!!!.

I'll keep my eye on this. I'm a truly fan of HG and CT series!

I love all the pictures!
                        Yeah, a lot of people thought it was fake when they originally posted it back in 2007. Chris did an update in 2008, people still thought that it was fake until he began work on the game itself from the general concept period that those two years were. The actual work on it began last year, he hasn't even had a full year working on it.

The older ones were a bit iffy, however I'm glad that a fair amount of the issues I had with the older graphic sets have been dealt with.

It does look quite amazing for it, considering it retains the overall feeling of the original.

I've been keeping my eye on it for a while, but the name had slipped my mind due to the lack of updates when I remembered it, I spotted some new stuff and thought I'd post it here. (Personally, I'm a fan of CT and it's spiritual sequel Demento/Haunting Ground *Points at Daniella avatar* anyway. I tend to keep an eye out for any interesting fan games for CT, FF & RE).
                        sigpic

Comment

Reminds me of this
                          Scooby has three tries to find the gang. You lose a try if Scooby's fright factor gets too high but a Scooby snack can help which you will find inside the creepy castle.Open doors by clicking on them. You can also find objects inside that can help you avoid the ghosts like a wooden plank to shut doors among others. Enjoy!
                          If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

People thought it was fake until some videos were shown in youtube. I really hope he could finish it, but i think if he's the only one working on it, i guess it will take him a good time to do so. I mean, editing sounds, textures and a lot of more things, i don't know... sounds really complicated and tiring. I really loved Haunting Ground aswell, it should've been named Clock Tower 4 (also, CT3 has horrible graphics, and Demento looks so great that it seems a Next-Gen games, heck, it does look great even now)

I'm a truly fan of Ct aswell, i used to have a website with all the games walkthroughs
                            and bios in spanish. It was rather complete.

There were some rumours about a movie of the Clock Tower 2 game. But nothing new has happened. Also, no news about a new CT game for PS3 or XBOX. I don't really like the fact that they didn't continue the first fear plot, they just made a sequel for PSX and then nothing else. CT2 and 3 had nothing to do with the original plot.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
                              People thought it was fake until some videos were shown in youtube. I really hope he could finish it, but i think if he's the only one working on it, i guess it will take him a good time to do so. I mean, editing sounds, textures and a lot of more things, i don't know... sounds really complicated and tiring. I really loved Haunting Ground aswell, it should've been named Clock Tower 4 (also, CT3 has horrible graphics, and Demento looks so great that it seems a Next-Gen games, heck, it does look great even now)

I'm a truly fan of Ct aswell, i used to have a website with all the games walkthroughs
                              and bios in spanish. It was rather complete.

There were some rumours about a movie of the Clock Tower 2 game. But nothing new has happened. Also, no news about a new CT game for PS3 or XBOX. I don't really like the fact that they didn't continue the first fear plot, they just made a sequel for PSX and then nothing else. CT2 and 3 had nothing to do with the original plot.
                              I believe Chris has gotten a fair amount completed, so hopefully it won't take too long for him to finish up and release it - he's been using sounds from some of the Clock Tower games, so the soundsets appear to be pretty much completed, most of the sprite sets appear to be completed (except for minor tweaks he's been doing), the background are completed and he's so far gotten the Stalking mechanic set up, some of the death scenes set up and has already gotten other enemies done as well.

Well, Demento was created from remnants of 3.5 (I've been working on an article on this) but it was also developed as Clock Tower 4/5 due to the naming issues from the first couple but due to the controversy that was brought up by Clock Tower 3, the name was changed to Demento and due to the copyright and confusion with Dr. Demento, it was changed to Haunting Ground for releases outside of Japan.

(I can certainly agree with you now, the graphics look absolutely fantastic still - I've been capturing footage from it for a while now, a lot better to look at when you compare the general quality of the Introductions - Clock Tower 3 Intro, Haunting Ground Intro (US, Europe got an Orange tinted one whereas Demento was actually red, it appears red on the t.v. though - and yes, I realize that the audio got knocked off-sync, I'll reupload the fixed one later)...)

Personally, my webhost is experiencing issues - however I actually have a website (it's mostly for Demento) for the Clock Tower games, and Rule of Rose so it's currently down - but it'll be back up soon and I hope that I can have a chat with Chris sometime and see if I could add Remothered to it.

It was delayed, then they were apparently shooting in December 2009 but there hasn't been any further information. People have been spreading around information such as "No film, rights reverted back to Capcom" when there's been some promo posters floating around for it and Capcom already has the rights for it and would have given the green-light for it to even have the promo materials floating around. *Could ramble on about that*.

Anyway, I agree with you on that - Personally they seemed to be getting into financial trouble around that time (if my memory is correct) and they managed to make Struggle Within (Ghost Head) and a couple of others before they folded in 1999 and then the series ended up in Capcom's hands - however it was Sunsoft that made Clock Tower 3 and Capcom handled publishing it, whereas they made Demento/Haunting Ground in-house and can explain the overall better graphics (of course - it appears that things were reused, such as Alyssa's crawling animations, mechanisms to RE4 and other stuff).

Personally, there's some issues in Demento (and on-disc dating suggests that it was a rushed production in parts due to the files being modified quite close to the initial release date as well as previously in-engine scenes being rendered and used in a pre-rendered cutscene for the game), that aren't actually explained in-game and other people and myself have been asking about it and/or if there will be more Clock Tower games as between CT2 and CT3, the closest one to the original plot would be Demento due to the themes and the overall setting, plot within it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X