Resident Evil Apocalypse Blu-Ray dated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nikovich View Post
    So you get on people's cases for not being able to spend $4000 on a PS3 with a working optimal entertainment set up but $35 is a problem for you?

What the hell?
    Where did I get on peoples cases? Chill the fuck out man. I work for my money and I dont like throwing it out because someone is curious as to how itll perform in a screw driver attack.

Hes a scenario for you, Id like to see how your porcelain foxes stand up to a pipebomb. Sounds to me like your jealous or something

eggman, no.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 11-20-2006, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
      Id like to see how your porcelain foxes stand up to a pipebomb.

Seriously you don't know how much I laughed =P

Comment

Your pitiful attempts to defend Sony's nazistic tactics of forcefully injecting overly expensive technology into a gaming system might be a good place to start searching for where you got on people's cases.

And you chill the fuck out tough guy, that was a joke. I've been on THIA for almost 8 years. You should know by now that I don't use smilies.

Goddamn, you've got thin skin.
        Last edited by Nikovich; 11-20-2006, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
          eggman, no.
          You should try to save up for one. Even if its just Sound blasters decoder and a set of surround PC speakers, it will add to the 360 experience. You can even get a pair of wireless surround headphones if you don't have the space for all that crazy stuff
          Not to mention prologic will make all your games surround sound.

Comment

Your pitiful attempts to defend Sony's nazistic tactics of forcefully injecting overly expensive technology into a gaming system might be a good place to start searching for where you got on people's cases.
            God forbid I own a Sony product and like it, Shit I must be like Hitler then! This stupid vendetta you have against Sony is pretty childish.

If you want to game on an SDTV then thats fine, I prefer higher resolutions as Im more of a PC gamer. This is just bringing me back into consoles.

Eggman, Eventually when I can pay off this debt
            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 11-21-2006, 06:57 AM.

Comment

You have no clue what my "vendetta" against Sony is, if one exists, and if it did or does, what it would have been about or originated from, so reserve those comments. Or don’t, you probably already know you don’t know much about me, I don’t think I have to tell you that; I never took you for the type of person who applies something barely relevent and uses it as an insult.

There’s a difference between liking a product and defending well justified complaints about it with “stop bitching/get a job/don’t pay for it then.” I would think THAT’S pretty childish, but that seems to be the newer trend amongst young adults. As long as you can pay, it doesn’t matter how hard everyone else is getting screwed. Socially then I guess that would qualify as adult but that doesn't mean I have to think so too.

Comment

Layman's terms why the price isn't bad compared to the only other technological next gen console:

- BD technology was launched on the market in June. Brand new technology has never been cheap, going back to the first DVD player in 96 or the first CD player in 80. The fact that you can buy a 20GB PS3 that performs a lot better as a movie player than the standalone Samsung one that cost $1000 speaks volumes. Developers get the perk of having extra space, particularly with audio.

- The HDD is swappable with any 2.5" SATA, confirmed.

- Online is free. Live will be more well integrated though, but you can still play online for free at least on the PS3.

- No need for any extra recharging accessories for the controllers.

If you add another extra $100, you get WiFi and the extra slots in addition to a larger HDD. If you were to add a plug and charge and WiFi to a premium 360, you're at $520 already. The PS3 as a package my be expensive, but it's not overpriced. After looking at the PCB's and the cooling system, it's really something.

The issue isn't whether the PS3 could've done without a BD drive; it's there, and compared to the premium 360, paying an extra $100 isn't so bad. You're getting a wealth of features and backwards compatibility with two generation of PS software.

The so-called well justified complaints have been revolving around the price itself. I wouldn't consider the additional FUD that MS has been spreading since May as complaints (such as underpowered hardware, and how "broken" it is).

Bottom line is, if you want cheap gaming, stick to the Wii at the cost of specs. Sure graphics aren't everything, but I remain skeptical how perception will be this time since the lowest common demoninator is literally a full console generation behind.
                Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 11-21-2006, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Very true, the PS3 is actually an amazing bit of kit for the price. And i don't think its really all that expensive. I remember the Saturn being released at £500 and that was 10years ago!

I think the Wii will be a very nice console but i see it more as being a party machine to supplement your more serious gaming on Xbox360 and/or PS3. A bit like the Cube really, nice to supplement your other consoles but not quite enough on its own.

And i wouldn't call offering consumers advanced technology at a much subsidised price Nazi tactics. Artificial price fixing and forcing developers to develop exclusively for your console or else, thats more like Nazi tactics.

Comment

- BD technology was launched on the market in June. Brand new technology has never been cheap, going back to the first DVD player in 96 or the first CD player in 80. The fact that you can buy a 20GB PS3 that performs a lot better as a movie player than the standalone Samsung one that cost $1000 speaks volumes. Developers get the perk of having extra space, particularly with audio.
                    When the PS2 came out, it cost pretty much the same as the 20gb PS3 does.
                    The PS2 is more or less famous for having a crappy DVD player, and at the time of the PS2's launch, DVD technology had already been on the market for over 3 years.

Sony pushing the PS3 as a "cheap BD player solution" already is not a good sign when it comes to durability and quality.

Chances are that we probably by next year will see something like a Samsung, LG or other brand of player using dual controller chips and has the capability of playing both BD and HD-DVD, and probably at the same price as a PS3 costs now.

Unless, ofcourse, Sony try to be stupid with the BD licensing/using of the format/rights and repeat the BETA vs VHS failure again.

Developers also gets the extra perk of becoming lazy pricks that just fill discs with random crap that takes more space than necessary and is poorly optimized, resulting in shitload of loading, issues with streamed data and so on, which already was seen as an issue on the PSX, PS2 and also seen on the 360 and for sure has proven its existance on the PS3 with the "install features" for certain games.

- The HDD is swappable with any 2.5" SATA, confirmed.
                    So I can do with my computers, my laptop and everything else.
                    Surprised Sony didn't even make an "official" HD kit so they could actually try to EARN some money on sales of bigger HDDs.
                    Also, the fact that you have a feature that is not something for the "everyday man", alienates the system for quite a lot of people.

- Online is free. Live will be more well integrated though, but you can still play online for free at least on the PS3.
                    It's amazing how a company like Sony, which holds the rights to several big online communities doesn't know how to create and integrate a proper online system for the console itself.
                    (It is however also impressive how unstabile LiVE can be at times)

- No need for any extra recharging accessories for the controllers.
                    Which probably will be very awesome when the battery starts to die of age or by doing the thing media has had its spotlight on recently (the thing about the recalling of sony batteries for a bunch of products, thanks to them suddenly just EXPLODING)

If you add another extra $100, you get WiFi and the extra slots in addition to a larger HDD. If you were to add a plug and charge and WiFi to a premium 360, you're at $520 already. The PS3 as a package my be expensive, but it's not overpriced. After looking at the PCB's and the cooling system, it's really something.
                    The PS3 is indeed not "overpriced", but it surely is over PACKED with stuff.
                    The fact that most parts of the 360 are optional is actually a good thing, as you wont really be paying for a bunch of extra stuff you might not need/want.

People want something they can hook up directly and use.

But there is one thing people do not like;
                    -Pay for something they not need/want.

Imagine how frustrating it would be if the premium 360 package came with the remote, the wifi adapter and a play'n charge kit, adding like another $100~$150 to the price.

The issue isn't whether the PS3 could've done without a BD drive; it's there, and compared to the premium 360, paying an extra $100 isn't so bad. You're getting a wealth of features and backwards compatibility with two generation of PS software.

Comment

I think thats why they do the basic units, for the basic man Carnivol

Comment

Originally posted by metaleggman View Post
                        No, but I have seen a quad layer BD, and it was literally see-through. No, this may have just been because it hasn't gotten its coating yet, but it still seems kindof bad...I did hear analysts complaining about the BDs fragility when it was being shown. We still have seen those damn dual drives people have been talking about It's be so fucking easy. Just put the one drive on top, the other on the bottom. eg. when you wanna play a BD, just put it in updside down, when you want to play a HD-DVD, put it in right side up. Just an idea.
                        Don't forget, what you have seen is a quite different wavelength of light than blue, red or whatever lightwave your optical storage uses. It's all about diffraction, polarization, interference and other optical physics phenomena.

It's all about money also, so majors will continue pushing their own format... I mean, Sony is still up to MemStick only in their products... Heck, of course. Money again.
                        Last edited by dmkf; 11-27-2006, 01:48 AM.

Comment

So you get on people's cases for not being able to spend $4000 on a PS3 with a working optimal entertainment set up but $35 is a problem for you?

What the hell?
                          I think this is the first time i agree with you. Altought i can understand everyone's wish not to pay at all.
                          Last edited by dmkf; 11-27-2006, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X