Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RE:PSP Expectations and other titles Capcom must make.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE:PSP Expectations and other titles Capcom must make.

So it's as though Capcom has some announcements coming just around the corner. We can only hope the RE PSP game will finally surface again with some new info.

Until then I'd like to know what your hopes and expectations might be. Normally I avoid setting myself up for disappointment, but since we have next to nothing regarding where the series will go from here on out I figured there's nothing to lose in speculating.

So I propose to you, the reader: What kind of RE game would you like to see on the PSP handheld? If you're someone like me who needs to dust off his PSP and play a good game how would you envision the gameplay, story and characters?

This can also go a number of ways. Perhaps you expect this to be a spin off like the outbreak or gun survivor games. Others may see this as an actual sequel that's part of the main canon (it could be numbered or given its own title as we've seen in Code Veronica). Maybe it'll have something to do with the long speculated "reboot" that's been hinted. I leave it to you to decide.

Here's my choices. Feel free to critique if you must:

1. A game where you play as Sherry Birkin or rather a game including Sherry Birkin. It could star Claire if it must, but the highlight of the game should feature a reunion with Claire and a grown up Sherry. I would weave the story so that it takes place before RE5 where Wesker kidnaps Sherry from government hands and involves early stages of his plans that are set into motion with RE5. This could mean prototypes of various experiments ranging from viral or parasites. I suspect Capcom will be making the gameplay similar to RE4/RE5, but as Lost in Nightmares showed us there's a lot of nostalgia from going back to camera angles and solving fetch quest puzzles/traps for a good portion of the game. And since games like Haunting Ground and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories won me over with no real weapons or combat I would feature this game as an RE game where you really have to run and avoid nearly all the enemies.

2. With more thoughtful writing and pacing this could be combined with #1. But I do feel as though the Leon/Ada arc was never fully resolved, and I'd like to bring closure to that chapter by introducing Leon to a mission where he is pinned against Ada and her organization that rivals that of Umbrella. Perhaps this could be set where Ada took hold of Sherry when she left Wesker or perhaps we can delve into the kind of plan Ada has in store for herself and Leon as hinted in her report. Either way, we were given closure for Chris, Jill and Wesker so we might as well start wrapping up the RE2 cast while there's still time.

3. My last ditch effort at using gameplay similar to RE4 and RE5 would be a more action heavy side story where you play as Carlos joining a new group to rescue civilians from biohazard outbreaks. Returning villain can include Nicholai taking part in overlooking and recording data on the infected sites but having to stop Carlos from exposing and interfering with his research. I honestly wouldn't mind if the group Carlos joins is BSAA, but I figure some fans might think that a little too close to the family so we can make this another group altogether that's sole purpose is rescue survivors rather than destroy monsters.

On a side note, as far as other capcom games should go I'm all for making a true Dino Crisis sequel to 2. Whether it be called DC4 or DC: <insert subtitle here> doesn't matter. I'd like some closure to that cliffhanger and a next gen dino game would be great on its own right provided the gameplay isn't as horrid as DC3..
    Last edited by Smiley; 03-30-2010, 07:42 PM.

I too hope for info on RE: PSP also.

As for future titles (for RE): let it have horror elements and, at least, a deep story. Sure, you can incorporate different gameplay, puzzles again, or even have no puzzles, or a faster paced gameplay, but (in my opinion), it must have horror elements and a deep story. I have my little story ideas in hand (deep story, too; spanning from '94 to '11, lol), but that will probably never happen, anyway, so I decided not to get my hopes up too much.

Although, I would also love if they somehow incorporated Sherry into the newer story lines (government experiment or not, I don't mind).

edit: Oh yeah, huh. We need some info on Ada and 'The Organization'.

And some Dr. Cameron icanhasplz? *cute cliché internet face*

As for Dino Crisis; just stray away from space... please, just... please.
    Last edited by Ray; 03-30-2010, 08:27 PM.

Comment

I just want to know what happens to characters that RE has, 'put on a bus.' Barry, Rebecca, Sherry, the Outbreak cast, Carlos, Ada, etc.
      I kind of hate that RE4 had Wesker and Ada in some... 'organization', whatever it may be, then dumped that off a cliff and just gave Wesker a generic villain plan in RE5.
      Last edited by Inferno04; 03-30-2010, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Inferno04 View Post
        I kind of hate that RE4 had Wesker and Ada in some... 'organization', whatever it may be, then dumped that off a cliff and just gave Wesker a generic villain plan in RE5.
        Unless I'm mistaken, during the events of RE4, Wesker WAS the organization. Ada and Krauser were working for him, not with him. If I understand correctly, he used his newly-recovered Plaga sample (which he must have gotten himself since Ada didn't give him the right sample) along with Tricell to gain his power and fuel his world domination generic villain virus-spreading not-well-thought-out plot.
        Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Barry, Rebecca, Sherry, the Outbreak cast, Carlos, Ada, etc.
          Unless Outbreak gets revitalised I believe the cast "Survived" and went on to lead normal lives. Well maybe Kevin would have continued on working as a Special Agent for the Government and Alyssa may have gone back to journalism but I can't really see Jim, David, Mark or Cindy turning into BSAA.

Would be nice to know what became of Barry since July 1998, same with Becks. Ada'll probably turn up somewhere along the line but Carlos to me didn't have any allegiance. He was UBCS to get early parole or what not.

I'd love to see a return to the original RE format. But I feel Capcom wants to leave those days behind.

Comment

Still, I think there's a looming sense that the gameplay will be an over the shoulder shooter even though I personally like the idea of no weapons this time around. I just hope that the limitations of the psp can make them consider bringing the game back to its roots in some ways.

And don't get me wrong. Some new features would be great if they decide they want to go with combat in some form. The RE1 game on the nintendo DS used some additions to make the gameplay feel smoother. More so than the original title. Quick turn, holding L to take out a knife, R+B to reload, etc. You can apply these things to the psp layout and still have camera angles, tank controls, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Enrico Marini View Post
              Unless Outbreak gets revitalised I believe the cast "Survived" and went on to lead normal lives. Well maybe Kevin would have continued on working as a Special Agent for the Government and Alyssa may have gone back to journalism but I can't really see Jim, David, Mark or Cindy turning into BSAA.

Would be nice to know what became of Barry since July 1998, same with Becks. Ada'll probably turn up somewhere along the line but Carlos to me didn't have any allegiance. He was UBCS to get early parole or what not.

I'd love to see a return to the original RE format. But I feel Capcom wants to leave those days behind.
              Hey that didn't stop people from thinking that David WAS Curtis. Seriously wtf. I'd be happy with a file that says, "THEY'RE ALL DEAD." Just some closure so I can stop caring. xD

@ Beau: Hmm, I thought Wesker worked alongside some mysterious 'others', but Ada and Krauser were his lackeys. He used the plagas in RE5, and probably needed the T-Virus/Progen to complete Uroboros, but why the G-Virus? We know the T-Veronica had a reason, which was kind of fisted in there to give Wesker a weakness. xD I'll just never ever like RE5's plot, or Wesker's motivations being 'programmed in' or whatever BS Capcom said it was.

It'd be odd if Wesker just ended up killing Ada to get the sample. :/ It just seems like something the writers would do...

Comment

Originally posted by Inferno04 View Post
                It'd be odd if Wesker just ended up killing Ada to get the sample. :/ It just seems like something the writers would do...
                That would have ruled, not for Ada fans but for the sake of story progress.

on topic : I'd hope the new PSP RE is the old style RE but it will probably be some duchebaggery card game or some other lame uninspiring cash in if it doesn't get canceled.
                Last edited by Harry Mason; 04-09-2010, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Right now the biggest expectation is for some damn information on the PSP game already .. it was announced last E3 and it's almost a year without even a single line of information anywhere.

Comment

I have only one title Capcom must make.

A Smash Brothers styled Resident Evil game.

Humans against Tyrants, Tyrants against Tyrants, just an all out brawl.

Holy crap that'd be sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                      Right now the biggest expectation is for some damn information on the PSP game already .. it was announced last E3 and it's almost a year without even a single line of information anywhere.
                      I still think that's unfortunately the result of Sony scraping the barrel for anything with a name attached to it that they could namedrop at their presentation.

It'd kinda be like some major Hollywood firm announcing a planned movie as a big sort of deal when all they've done at the time is paying some bloke to start drafting a basic story concept that evt. 5 years later, after countless rewrites and other changes, may finally get picked up for full production and eventually see the day of light.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Mason View Post
                        That would have ruled, not for Ada fans but for the sake of story progress.

on topic : I'd hope the new PSP RE is the old style RE but it will probably be some duchebaggery card game or some other lame uninspiring cash in if it doesn't get canceled.
                        Dudeeee, i'd play it if it was a card game. I find them entertaining.
                        I'd like an extra mode where you can play as the T-mutants or tyrants and what not in a sort of vs. mode for the PSP (the other character being another PSP user or AI of course)
                        That would be quite good for a normal online mode aswell really, for PS3 and Xbox.
                        I'm not bothered what they do with the main game. I'm going to try it out all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                          I still think that's unfortunately the result of Sony scraping the barrel for anything with a name attached to it that they could namedrop at their presentation.

It'd kinda be like some major Hollywood firm announcing a planned movie as a big sort of deal when all they've done at the time is paying some bloke to start drafting a basic story concept that evt. 5 years later, after countless rewrites and other changes, may finally get picked up for full production and eventually see the day of light.
                          Basically this...Gran Turismo, Assassin's Creed Bloodline and Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier suffered due to this reason.

we'll see if there's anything as we gets nearer to E3.
                          Last edited by xfactor; 04-12-2010, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyfer_Ruu View Post
                            Dudeeee, i'd play it if it was a card game. I find them entertaining.
                            I'd like an extra mode where you can play as the T-mutants or tyrants and what not in a sort of vs. mode for the PSP (the other character being another PSP user or AI of course)
                            That would be quite good for a normal online mode aswell really, for PS3 and Xbox.
                            I'm not bothered what they do with the main game. I'm going to try it out all the same.
                            I'm not knocking a card game if it was like $20, Metal Gear Acid was good not great, but for PSP I would hope for a nice action title with zombies and a Tyrant. Hell, I'd take a collection of mini games just put in Mercenaries, The 4th Survivor, The Tofu Survivor, Extreme Battle Mode...

Comment

I would love it if it was in the same style as Outbreak.

Comment

Working...
                              X