Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Afterlife 3D Trailer Leaked !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just going to watch this for the sheer comedy this fillm will be for me on the big screen.
    Last edited by Zombie Fred; 04-03-2010, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesiscv View Post
      Direct Feed trailer! Enjoy!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-deR34VdJ5k
      ... I feel like I'm watching Ultraviolet all over again meshed with "Resident Evil"...

I mean, honestly - weapons up the yin-yang much?

Also, this "Wesker"'s eyes disgust me - sure, they glow however it's specfically the iris that has colour, as well as the pupil due to the mutation (see my old/quick photomanip here. Not the sclera (white section) of his eyes. (Over the top special effects and/or makeup?)

Of course in the end - it's all about not getting any sort of hopes up considering the past ones, sure they're a "re-imagining" of the franchise but personally in the end it's switching your mind off and watching yet another mindless action movie...

I mean, I've sat through them all (I've got the DVDs, not to mention ended up with Ultraviolet too) and it doesn't look appealing, most interesting thing about the trailer, was the guys shouting out "WESKER!" in the couple of shots we see him in, oh and the old song from RE Apocalypse - Various Artists' soundtrack A Perfect Circle's "The Outside (Resident Renholder Mix)".

Also, got to agree with Smiley and Jill Lover.

Zombie Fred - that's what I shall be doing as well as trying to resist counting the amount of times I facepalm in annoyance.

Additionally as I said I would to Smiley once the trailer was released....

My name is Alice...

And this disgusts me.
      Last edited by Enetirnel; 04-03-2010, 11:46 AM.
      sigpic
      Non-blurry Signature Version
      Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

I am just glad that after this film a whole new team and direction will begin on the reboot after this. At least their might be some hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie Fred View Post
          I am just glad that after this film a whole new team and direction will begin on the reboot after this. At least their might be some hope.
          I'm going to try and keep some hope for that, it's been needed for far too long - more-so with Afterlife coming up.

Of course, only if we get a miracle...
          sigpic

Comment

What an interesting train wreck this seems to be. Anyone notice that Wesker had a slice on his face when he was about to throw his glasses? And that Alice was standing behind him? Hm...wonder if he has that one under his control (because that wouldn't be original at all). What they took from the game just from the trailer...doesn't....look good. The executioner is...um...honey no.

.....great to see the dogs are back. Again. And they are Wesker's pets. I wonder what he named them.

edit: Also....Wesker duel wielding. lulzly buckets everywhere.
            Last edited by Bertha; 04-03-2010, 12:08 PM.
            sigpic
            Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Pile O' Cash and Box Office Ratings, probably.

This is exactly the opposite of what could have made the movie good, and exactly what I expected to see. All Alice. All the time. It looks like they've taken the worst elements of 5's story, and then crammed Alice in.

...I hate everything.

Comment

I just came a little.

So. Damn. Excited.

Also they used songs from the Apocalypse soundtrack? The movie seems like it has the feeling of the unused ending for Apocalypse.
                Last edited by Vogue_Dirge; 04-03-2010, 01:00 PM.

Comment

=((((((((((((((((

edit:

i really want to like this
                  but i feel insulted by "fans love it cuz we're passionate about the source material"

I wanna slap the shit out of him.
                  Last edited by fffour; 04-03-2010, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vogue_Dirge View Post
                    Also they used songs from the Apocalypse soundtrack? The movie seems like it has the feeling of the unused ending for Apocalypse.
                    Yes, from the Resident Evil: Apocalypse - Various Artists' Original Soundtrack. The song used in the trailer was A Perfect Circle's The Outside (Resident Renholder Mix), which is Track #5 from it.

Originally posted by fffour View Post
                    =((((((((((((((((

edit:

i really want to like this
                    but i feel insulted by "fans love it cuz we're passionate about the source material"

I wanna slap the shit out of him.

fffour, it's not just the source material - it's just that it could be written, cast better instead of having a character that has been overpowered so early on without that much of a reason to do so outside of general test subjects instead of random "Projects" for the overall sake of explaining said overpowered character.

(Hell, I'm just going to throw this out there - if the nudity wasn't within the contract and the overall target audience with sex appeal, if for example there was a different actress and say... it was a character as a reinterpretation of say, Lisa Trevor - then it actually makes more sense then a essentially "random" Umbrella employee that was essentially set up to have a similar position and/or character layout as to say... Wesker himself).

Sure, there's reinterpretations of character designs - but on the overall, it seems pointless to introduce a character that fans of the franchise know and essentially love/are fans of and start them out in a position we recognize them in... before suddenly making them useless when this overpowered creation comes in?

Essentially, it doesn't make that much sense and although marketed as mostly a horror/sci-fi type of film but has evolved to focus more on the action in contrast to horror elements (which has also been a fairly common complaint onto what the games have also evolved into). I don't see zombies, I see fucking attempts to be (well, as some would put it... not my choice of words, just a general reaction of my observations) "ZOMG AWESOME SUPA-HUMAN NINJA SKILLS! " among other issues within the Afterlife trailer by itself.

Quite honestly, I have to agree with Darkmoon. It borrows the title from an already famous franchise and/or brand-name and because of that being tied to famous names, it's just a mindless cash-cow.

Perhaps, if there was a bit more of a logical story instead of something that is well... self-contradicting in ways with better character design and/or development then maybe people would enjoy them a tad more than for quite an amount of viewers - simply switching their brains off for mindless entertainment?

Overall, it isn't always "OMFG THEY RUINED [Game], [Character]/[Enemy]! FFS Anderson!" as you've put it.

Of course, I can continue on - however I shall simply cut myself short before this sprawls into an extremely long... well, rant.
                    Last edited by Enetirnel; 04-03-2010, 01:31 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

I literally laughed out loud at how fuckin' stupid that trailer made this movie look. I don't plan on seeing it, but I came in here to see how awful the movie looked and my assumptions were about right. Everything about it just screams 'cheese' to me, and I like my cheese in moderation...but this shit looks full of it.

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                      The executioner is...um...honey no.
                      Last edited by Vector; 04-03-2010, 01:36 PM.

Comment

lmao for some reason, the movie looks low budget, but ahh ... imma watch it eventually anyways

Comment

I loved everything in the trailer! I wanna download an HD version already. I don't know why people are bashing it. C'mon they act like this is the only trailer we will see. Already judging the movie without seeing it. Idiots.
                          Last edited by revil5; 04-03-2010, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Very underwhelming, methinks. Maybe I'm missing something... I didn't see the third movie, so whatever the fuck happened there, I know nothing, but that trailer was atrocious. Poorly made. Not that I think the movie will be any better, but there's always the rare instance where studios design trailers to be 10x better than the actual film.
                            Last edited by Bianca; 04-04-2010, 12:41 AM.

Comment

It looks terrible and generic...and I'm going to see it opening night. xD I know a few local RE fans that will go opening night too, and we all may end up bashing it/yelling out errors.

It looks Razzie worthy. Almost so bad it's good? Or so bad it's awful. We'll see, we'll see...

Comment

Originally posted by revil5 View Post
                                Already judging the movie without seeing it. Idiots.
                                Every single one of us has already seen this film. It just had a different subtitle.

Comment

Working...
                                X