Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Afterlife 3D Trailer Leaked !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally think it looks great. I just switch my brain off and watch. There's nothing wrong with enjoying the movies, right? It's just personal opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Chimera View Post
      Every single one of us has already seen this film. It just had a different subtitle.
      i'm talking about Afterlife. What movie are you talking about?

Comment

lmao oh god. This movie looks absolutely terrible to me.... and I'll probably end up seeing it anyway. So many things alone in the trailer irritated me, bet the movie will have so much more. *sigh* I'm looking forward to that reboot.

Comment

After seeing the trailer in Live Stream it looks worse than I thought. I know for a fact that I will not enjoy this movie after just watching the trailer. I know exactly what type of film its going to be and thats popcorn box office action crap. I want to say Im done bashing this movie now but thats impossible for me to do because its so fun and easy. I just cant wait untill its over so I can look forward to seeing a reboot of the movies. If you dont think you will enjoy it I hope you boycott this movie as well.

Comment

Was it ever confirmed that there will be a reboot? I remember (somewhere, I forgot) that the reboot would want to focus more on the games (like, nearly adapting it).

If what I remember is correct, then I (personally) see no point in rebooting the series as for it to be a direct adaption of the games. I have to admit, no matter how cheesy the movie-verse storylines are, it is much better than a straight-forward adaption of one of the games.

But, maybe I'm just remembering incorrectly.

I still wonder why so many people bash the movies. But, then again, it is still personal opinion, and that's more than likely not to change. But, to be honest, bashing the movies won't really do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by revil5 View Post
              i'm talking about Afterlife. What movie are you talking about?
              Will the movie be different than Apocalypse and Extinction? Looking at the trailer, I doubt it, because it's just more of the same. So if someone dislikes those two movies, it's easy to decide whether or not that someone will like this one.

Originally posted by Ray View Post
              I still wonder why so many people bash the movies.
              I can't tell on behalf of others, but I can say why I do:
              - The plot is stupid and filled with plot holes even more so than the games' storyline (and that says a lot).
              - Alice is too overpowered for a main characters - she's superior to any enemy she encounters which completely ruins any dramatic situation (I mean c'mon, she won a hand-to-hand fight with Nemesis and is able to burn a bunch of crows just by thinking about it? really?!). Also, everything in the movies just concentrate around her. Every other character in Apocalypse and Extinction is overshadowed by her. As Phelous noticed in his RE: Extinction review, even when Alice is in real danger she is saved by... Alice (her clone).
              - The movies are too much action oriented - while the first one was still a zombie flick, Apocalypse, Extinction and (it seems) Afterlife are for the most part various stunts and slow-mo shooting or fighting scenes with lots of explosions in the background. Zombies are just non-important addition.
              - Awful camera work in Apocalypse. It was just awful.
              - Even though the movies have a decent budget, lots of monsters and visuals in them look really poorly done. Just look at zombies from Extinction - they just look like guys with rubber Halloween masks.
              - Completely lack of atmosphere. People bash Silent Hill movie for its script, story, actors etc., but at least that movie had great visuals, music (for the most part just taken straight from games, but it fit there) and the atmosphere. RE movies just lack all of those. They are just mindless action movies that has almost zero resemblance to the games.
              Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 04-03-2010, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                Bring on the hates who are gonna bash this trailer.
                Reporting for duty

Doesn't really look promising. I'm not sure what Alice's over-arcing goals are, but it's probably to bring Wesker to justice? (Though I'm not even sure what Wesker could have done, since the creator of the virus was in Apocalyspe, and the guy who leaked it in the hive died in #1, no idea how Wesker could really be responsible. Providing funding maybe?) But the problem is that Wesker was only introduced, very briefly, in the third film. And in his breif appearance, he didn't do anything particularly villainous. I don't know how Anderson will juxtapose his audience to dislike Wesker, and as a matter of fact, I'm guessing he probably won't bother, and hope that the pretty 3D effects and boobies dazzle everyone.
                Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 04-03-2010, 06:51 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                  - Completely lack of atmosphere. People bash Silent Hill movie for its script, story, actors etc., but at least that movie had great visuals, music (for the most part just taken straight from games, but it fit there) and the atmosphere. RE movies just lack all of those. They are just mindless action movies that has almost zero resemblance to the games.
                  I think this is the reason why most people can tolerate the first Resident Evil movie. It had some atmosphere to it, with the hive/labs. I myself thought the first one was decent, for that alone even if everything else made no sense.

That was why I was slightly happy at the pictures. I thought it would bring back the atmosphere, at LEAST. But the trailer kind of tells me different...

I also agree with Ene on Wesker's eyes. Those aren't viral, he just spilled hot sauce in his eyes. xD

TheSelfishGene: Agreed. It's as if the writers are TRYING to impress us and salvage the story but turning it to the games, but that's just the problem. The movies are already too different to just SWITCH to a plot similar to the games. What DID Wesker do in the movies? He just kinda sat there...like a boss. >.>

Comment

I wonder how the plagas are gonna fit in.

Comment

^The one guy with Plagas in the trailer seemed like a zombie (well, in my opinion). Maybe they'll say Plagas is a mutation of the t-Virus? Maybe Umbrella was experimenting with zombies, and developed Plagas? Just thinking. I too wonder how they'll fit in.

Comment

Ok since they are ripping off every part of RE5 here is my prediction:

Spoiler:
                        Last edited by CRedfield98; 04-03-2010, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CRedfield98 View Post
                          Ok since they are ripping off every part of RE5 here is my prediction:

Spoiler:
                          I don't doubt this for a second,

Spoiler:

Comment

^ I always thought that device would be used with Spoiler:
                            Just guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by Inferno04 View Post
                              I don't doubt this for a second,

Spoiler:
                              Yep.

Spoiler:

But...
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                                ^ I always thought that device would be used with Spoiler:
                                Just guessing.
                                Oh, good point! =D I forgot about that.

Jagger: Thanks, I didn't notice that before either. o.o
                                Last edited by Inferno04; 04-03-2010, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X