Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Afterlife 3D Trailer Leaked !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man, this looks SO GOOD. That trailer was AWESOME. I'm so excited... Can't wait for September!

Comment

Originally posted by jagger916 View Post
      Yep.

Spoiler:

But...
      Spoiler:
      Yes, pretty much this. In my opinion, this could be very, very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
        Yes, pretty much this. In my opinion, this could be very, very interesting.
        Spoiler:

Comment

^Oh. Well, I thought she was a decent character. I never really thought of her as badass, though. Maybe that's why.

Comment

I do not know why, but afterlife movie feels like more like the matrix and sci-fi movie more than horror. D-:

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
              Oh man, this looks SO GOOD. That trailer was AWESOME. I'm so excited... Can't wait for September!

Are you fucked in the head?

Comment

Originally posted by revil5 View Post
                Already judging the movie without seeing it. Idiots.
                Everyone judges everything before they see it fully/ hear it/ eat it, etc. That's how life is. In the cases of the movies, people are simply looking at the trailer and their past experiences with the movies. They aren't idiots. stop being overdramatic.

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                I can't tell on behalf of others, but I can say why I do:
                - The plot is stupid and filled with plot holes even more so than the games' storyline (and that says a lot).
                - Alice is too overpowered for a main characters - she's superior to any enemy she encounters which completely ruins any dramatic situation (I mean c'mon, she won a hand-to-hand fight with Nemesis and is able to burn a bunch of crows just by thinking about it? really?!). Also, everything in the movies just concentrate around her. Every other character in Apocalypse and Extinction is overshadowed by her. As Phelous noticed in his RE: Extinction review, even when Alice is in real danger she is saved by... Alice (her clone).
                - The movies are too much action oriented - while the first one was still a zombie flick, Apocalypse, Extinction and (it seems) Afterlife are for the most part various stunts and slow-mo shooting or fighting scenes with lots of explosions in the background. Zombies are just non-important addition.
                - Awful camera work in Apocalypse. It was just awful.
                - Even though the movies have a decent budget, lots of monsters and visuals in them look really poorly done. Just look at zombies from Extinction - they just look like guys with rubber Halloween masks.
                - Completely lack of atmosphere. People bash Silent Hill movie for its script, story, actors etc., but at least that movie had great visuals, music (for the most part just taken straight from games, but it fit there) and the atmosphere. RE movies just lack all of those. They are just mindless action movies that has almost zero resemblance to the games.
                Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                Reporting for duty

Doesn't really look promising. I'm not sure what Alice's over-arcing goals are, but it's probably to bring Wesker to justice? (Though I'm not even sure what Wesker could have done, since the creator of the virus was in Apocalyspe, and the guy who leaked it in the hive died in #1, no idea how Wesker could really be responsible. Providing funding maybe?) But the problem is that Wesker was only introduced, very briefly, in the third film. And in his breif appearance, he didn't do anything particularly villainous. I don't know how Anderson will juxtapose his audience to dislike Wesker, and as a matter of fact, I'm guessing he probably won't bother, and hope that the pretty 3D effects and boobies dazzle everyone.
                Very much both of these comments. Pretty much sums up everything. The movies have a very strong disconnect from anything, especially each other. Gene actually makes a great point about Wesker. If the world was already turned into a desert and humanity ravaged by the first virus, which was the fault of completely different people, why the hell is Wesker going to be so evil? My guess would be he killed off a handful of survivors/ used them in plaga experiments. However, most fans of the games or people using logical wont feel any sympathy for what happened because the world was already fucked.

He's going to make Wesker evil just for the sake of having an evil person. By taking something already in existance, that is a very easy job. Except...Wesker's wickedness will be about as flat as pretty much every other character in the movies. Just like with other characters from the games, he will not have the same history that made him the endearing villain he was. Anderson can build up these elements with Chris and Wesker...but we have nothing to go on save his word, and Alice is going to save the day anyway, so it really doesnt matter.

Anderson's worst move aside from Alice was his direction to take the virus and spread it across the globe...and also his choice to turn the world into a desert. A few thousand people just cannot survive against billions of zombies and other infected creatures. There are only so many ways this movie can end, and its probably going to be explosively moronic.

I'm guessing he probably won't bother, and hope that the pretty 3D effects and boobies dazzle everyone
                Sadly that wont work for me. 3D means nothing to me, and I find my boobies highly more alluring and entertaining than his wife's.
                sigpic
                Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Where are all these pictures posted?

oh and i thought the entire world was reduced to barren wastelands or as Alice said in the beginning of Extinction but there are clearly grassy areas, woods, and clearly some extravagant Umbrella facility thats above ground. And when did Alice become a fucking ninja? WTF
                  Last edited by CRedfield98; 04-03-2010, 09:43 PM.

Comment

The desert part makes no fucking sense anyway. If everyone died or became infected, how would that make the whole world a desert? :/ It wouldn't dry up water either, just infect it. I guess the whole Nevadan desert just decided to migrate to Las Vegas after people died. *Shrug* I dunno, Smiley knows more about Nevada than I do. xD

Comment

For those interested, here is the 1080p version of the trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEDtOEVvxlA

Comment

Originally posted by Inferno04 View Post
                        The desert part makes no fucking sense anyway. If everyone died or became infected, how would that make the whole world a desert? :/ It wouldn't dry up water either, just infect it. I guess the whole Nevadan desert just decided to migrate to Las Vegas after people died. *Shrug* I dunno, Smiley knows more about Nevada than I do. xD
                        Anderson's view of the virus was that it destroyed plantlife. Or that's my guess, because its never clearly explained.
                        sigpic
                        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Excuse my language, but it looks like shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                            Anderson's view of the virus was that it destroyed plantlife. Or that's my guess, because its never clearly explained.
                            Oh the shameless liberties that man has taken...><

"LOL ALICE AND NEMESIS ARE BFFS K?"

Comment

well to understand my tohughts on both afterlife and the trailer i made a spoiler tag as it details my uncensored thoughts about RE5

Spoiler:

to anyone who liked RE5...I DON'T APOLOGIZE. i thought the game was a sad re-attempt at RE4s successful formula and felt more like gears of war 2 crappy RE edition. also shera now replaces ashley in my dreams of female RE characters i hate getting there heads bitten off by a rancor.
                              Last edited by riderkid; 04-04-2010, 12:00 AM.

Comment

That was completely on topic.

Comment

Working...
                                X