Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Afterlife 3D Trailer Leaked !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Smiley View Post
    Actually they do. The film makers and studio will not let a trailer out that does not meet to their satisfaction. It is brought back for them to look over and see if any scenes need to be chopped, added, or rearranged.
    Doomed is actually more correct. I probably wouldn't say 99%, but the majority of directors have little to no input on the marketing campaigns and trailers made for their films. And a lot of them don't even care about that part anyway. There are some directors do care a lot and are quite involved in all parts of their promotion, but they are definently in the minority.

I met a guy a few years ago who had cut trailers for Fox, and most of the time he was given mearly guidelines on how they want the trailer to look and sound from the marketing team, and other than that he had free reign on how it's put together. Sometimes it was editing to an existing script or voice track, or selected music track. Occassionally there might be some directors notes on what they wanted or didn't want put in there too, but in general that wasn't too frequent apparently. I've was told this was fairly standard for the industry as whole.

In this case I would suspect the "Cameron/Pace 3D" thing was fed from Sony Pictures marketing department. But it's not subjective enough to know how much Anderson had involvement in this teaser trailer. The fact he displayed it at the event the other day at least tells me he's happy with that being the preview of the movie at the very least.
    Last edited by Rombie; 04-05-2010, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• Am I the only one that sees Jill at 0:38?

Comment

• Originally posted by jagger916 View Post
        Am I the only one that sees Jill at 0:38?
        You mean the girl at the start of the trailer? The one driving the plane and standing on the beach? We never do see her face, maybe theres a reason. I just asumed it was Alice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
          Doomed is actually more correct. I probably wouldn't say 99%, but the majority of directors have little to no input on the marketing campaigns and trailers made for their films. And a lot of them don't even care about that part anyway. There are some directors do care a lot and are quite involved in all parts of their promotion, but they are definently in the minority.

I met a guy a few years ago who had cut trailers for Fox, and most of the time he was given mearly guidelines on how they want the trailer to look and sound from the marketing team, and other than that he had free reign on how it's put together. Sometimes it was editing to an existing script or voice track, or selected music track. Occassionally there might be some directors notes on what they wanted or didn't want put in there too, but in general that wasn't too frequent apparently. I've was told this was fairly standard for the industry as whole.

In this case I would suspect the "Cameron/Pace 3D" thing was fed from Sony Pictures marketing department. But it's not subjective enough to know how much Anderson had involvement in this teaser trailer. The fact he displayed it at the event the other day at least tells me he's happy with that being the preview of the movie at the very least.
          You're pretty much showing me why I'm correct in some aspects. Granted I don't know your friend, but when it comes to trailers I have a decent amount of knowledge since film making is my study. I'm not trying to brag, but rather just stating what I've learned.

There's raw footage presented by the studio and/or the producer or director. Sometimes it's just to get a teaser out of the way while they're still filming. Other times (in the case of R+ rated material) scenes will be filmed or tweaked differently to not include foul language, spoilers, or gore effects. The best example I can think of for someone to learn this process is if they check the special features of "Superbad" where they show a scene being shot cutting back on the raunch factor specifically for a trailer. Unless it's merely "present the logo with a 'coming soon' tag" generally the footage is presented so that the boys making the trailer can place them wherever they want however it still has to run by the studio and/or filmmakers. From the case with your friend it sounds like the guidelines were still a crucial request of how the trailer was supposed to go yet there had to be moments where they required alternate voice tracks or touch ups for specific shots.

I know Wesker VA D.C. Douglas was hired to record a Kevin Spacey track for the Fred Claus trailer.

And the reason why most of the time a studio wouldn't care how a trailer went is usually either good faith in the team, lack of interest on the given film (A trailer for "Dance Flick" will not meet the same amount of attention as a film like "Indiana Jones") or because the raw footage sent contained no spoilers or scenes that need to be examined further.

In regards to the Cameron tagline I wouldn't put it past Sony, but I suspect it's Anderson's influence purely because he promotes Cameron's technology in interviews already. We know he's done this before so he's the likely candidate.
          Last edited by Smiley; 04-05-2010, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
              You mean the girl at the start of the trailer? The one driving the plane and standing on the beach? We never do see her face, maybe theres a reason. I just asumed it was Alice.
              The woman standing on the beach and the woman flying the plane seem to be two different people. Look at their hair. The one on the beach appears to be Alice, while the one on the plane has Jill's hairstyle from Apocalypse.

Comment

• Originally posted by jagger916 View Post
                The woman standing on the beach and the woman flying the plane seem to be two different people. Look at their hair. The one on the beach appears to be Alice, while the one on the plane has Jill's hairstyle from Apocalypse.
                They both have the same outfit on though, see the jacket and boots. However I think youre right about the hair.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
                  They both have the same outfit on though, see the jacket and boots. However I think youre right about the hair.
                  Contrary to 'popular belief' it seems that Alice is donning a slightly darker hairstyle, and has it tied back most of the time. So I'm thinking her hair is simply tucked away in her jacket. As for the color, in one of the first scenes we see, she yanks out 2 major shotguns, with her hair completely black. No shred of the blonde she used to rock. So, I'm pretty sure it's Alice. Because the hair wasn't wet either. It was dried.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                    You're pretty much showing me why I'm correct in some aspects. Granted I don't know your friend, but when it comes to trailers I have a decent amount of knowledge since film making is my study. I'm not trying to brag, but rather just stating what I've learned.

There's raw footage presented by the studio and/or the producer or director. Sometimes it's just to get a teaser out of the way while they're still filming. Other times (in the case of R+ rated material) scenes will be filmed or tweaked differently to not include foul language, spoilers, or gore effects. The best example I can think of for someone to learn this process is if they check the special features of "Superbad" where they show a scene being shot cutting back on the raunch factor specifically for a trailer. Unless it's merely "present the logo with a 'coming soon' tag" generally the footage is presented so that the boys making the trailer can place them wherever they want however it still has to run by the studio and/or filmmakers. From the case with your friend it sounds like the guidelines were still a crucial request of how the trailer was supposed to go yet there had to be moments where they required alternate voice tracks or touch ups for specific shots.

I know Wesker VA D.C. Douglas was hired to record a Kevin Spacey track for the Fred Claus trailer.

And the reason why most of the time a studio wouldn't care how a trailer went is usually either good faith in the team, lack of interest on the given film (A trailer for "Dance Flick" will not meet the same amount of attention as a film like "Indiana Jones") or because the raw footage sent contained no spoilers or scenes that need to be examined further.

In regards to the Cameron tagline I wouldn't put it past Sony, but I suspect it's Anderson's influence purely because he promotes Cameron's technology in interviews already. We know he's done this before so he's the likely candidate.
                    I haven't watched that footage on the Superbad DVD, although I do have it. Frequently anyway clean footage is shot of a scene or they have the actors do some ADR loops for "tv and airplane" friendly editions of films anyway, and sometimes these are used for the G rated trailers.

The cuts this guy at Fox did told me went through several versions sometimes making various types with different overtones and bits of the film, had to be checked by people puting together cross promo, copywriters working on press blurbs and voice over scripts, and marketing producers. And the marketing team had the final say because it's their job.

He said when I asked blatantly how often directors were involved, I was told it was very infrequent. Usually their touch is put in while working on the film, and it's more often the movies producer who would be working with the marketing team behind the movie as to how the trailer would proceed.

Anderson is talking up the use of that camera system in interviews purely because he was the director. Trailer or not, that's something any director would be talking about because of the technology - advantages and disadvantages - and the general specticle. Again, the mention in the trailer is going to be more of a promotional decision based on the marketing in order to target those people who manged to help Avatar make over 2.6 billion dollars worldwide or whatever it is up to now.

I honestly believe between you and Doomed you're both over and understating what takes place. But without someone who's worked on the marketing of a large film to come in here and state specifially how they've done it, I guess I wont be able to say anything more otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                      I haven't watched that footage on the Superbad DVD, although I do have it. Frequently anyway clean footage is shot of a scene or they have the actors do some ADR loops for "tv and airplane" friendly editions of films anyway, and sometimes these are used for the G rated trailers.

The cuts this guy at Fox did told me went through several versions sometimes making various types with different overtones and bits of the film, had to be checked by people puting together cross promo, copywriters working on press blurbs and voice over scripts, and marketing producers. And the marketing team had the final say because it's their job.

He said when I asked blatantly how often directors were involved, I was told it was very infrequent. Usually their touch is put in while working on the film, and it's more often the movies producer who would be working with the marketing team behind the movie as to how the trailer would proceed.

Anderson is talking up the use of that camera system in interviews purely because he was the director. Trailer or not, that's something any director would be talking about because of the technology - advantages and disadvantages - and the general specticle. Again, the mention in the trailer is going to be more of a promotional decision based on the marketing in order to target those people who manged to help Avatar make over 2.6 billion dollars worldwide or whatever it is up to now.

I honestly believe between you and Doomed you're both over and understating what takes place. But without someone who's worked on the marketing of a large film to come in here and state specifically how they've done it, I guess I wont be able to say anything more otherwise.
                      Well again I'm just stating what I've learned. There is a team behind it. There's many teams tasked with a film from costumes to special effects to marketing and so on. But it all goes up the chain before anything gets released. I'm singling out Anderson on the grounds that we know for a fact he's promoting the use of it. You've said the producer works with the marketing team, and that is true. But I'm sure you are aware Anderson has produced all the movies.

So you can believe I'm overstating, and I wouldn't blame you for it. I just felt like clearing some things, but it's up to you whether you want to take it or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Celstice View Post
                        Contrary to 'popular belief' it seems that Alice is donning a slightly darker hairstyle, and has it tied back most of the time. So I'm thinking her hair is simply tucked away in her jacket. As for the color, in one of the first scenes we see, she yanks out 2 major shotguns, with her hair completely black. No shred of the blonde she used to rock. So, I'm pretty sure it's Alice. Because the hair wasn't wet either. It was dried.
                        I have to agree. It still looks like Alice.

Comment

• VFX interview: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/inte...s.php?id=14746

The interview has potential spoilers (personally I don't consider them spoilers) because he talks about what creatures are in the movie and the fate of Wesker.

The non-spoilery parts of interesting info are that Anderson insisted that the artists stay close to the reference material he provided them from the games when designing the creatures and that Wesker is a big part of the movie.
                          Last edited by doomed; 04-06-2010, 03:53 AM.

Comment

• I'm digging on the whole concept of the film, but I am left wondering for mre information regaring K-Mart. I mean, I've seen photos (not spoiling anything (; ) and yet, I'm still a little bit confused. Can anyone give me a little insight? Something I don't know?

Regarding the post above mine, I'm glad to know there was a bunch of effort put in this one. I was a bit hesitant at first, but I'm quite excited to see how big the movie is going to be.

Also, looked up some old news regarding the film, and Spencer Locke tweeted she was 'practicing her punching for the film.' Immideatly following, Milla Jovovich tweeted 'looks like k-mart is ready to kick some butt!!' These, along with about 2 more tweets, were done while in Toronto, so it's for sure that it was done while filming. I'm happy that Spencer seems to be getting more action in the film. I'm excited as hell.
                            Last edited by Celstice; 04-06-2010, 04:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Celstice View Post
                              I'm digging on the whole concept of the film, but I am left wondering for mre information regaring K-Mart. I mean, I've seen photos (not spoiling anything (; ) and yet, I'm still a little bit confused. Can anyone give me a little insight? Something I don't know?

Regarding the post above mine, I'm glad to know there was a bunch of effort put in this one. I was a bit hesitant at first, but I'm quite excited to see how big the movie is going to be.

Also, looked up some old news regarding the film, and Spencer Locke tweeted she was 'practicing her punching for the film.' Immideatly following, Milla Jovovich tweeted 'looks like k-mart is ready to kick some butt!!' These, along with about 2 more tweets, were done while in Toronto, so it's for sure that it was done while filming. I'm happy that Spencer seems to be getting more action in the film. I'm excited as hell.

Most likely she'll have a very little role compare to Alice, Chris, Claire, Wesker. Probably she'll be "kicking" some "zombie" butt or sometime like that, which was something she did'nt do at all in the last film.

Comment

• The only reason im excited for this one is because they stuffed more of the game into it. like the part where the guys mouth opens into 4 points like in resident evil 4+5. CHRIS REDFIELD!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X