IGN Resident Evil: Afterlife Set Visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGN Resident Evil: Afterlife Set Visit

IGN Movie crew recently took a trip to visit the set of the Resident Evil: Afterlife. Check out the article to learn more about the film.

IGN Movie: Resident Evil: Afterlife Set Visit

"But I really hope we could perhaps [eventually] put Alice in a game and have a greater connection between the game and the movie, and really do that thing that everyone's talked about but no one has ever done."

Pardon my language but this Bolt is a CUNT!!! If that bitch ends up in the games then I'm fucking done with this franchise. I swear if she is in Resident Evil 6 then fuck Capcom. This is going from bad to worse. The only way I'd enjoying seeing Alice in the game is if we get to blow her fucking head off.

Comment

I totally agree with CrimsonElder....Well said my friend, well said

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
        "But I really hope we could perhaps [eventually] put Alice in a game and have a greater connection between the game and the movie, and really do that thing that everyone's talked about but no one has ever done."

Pardon my language but this Bolt is a CUNT!!! If that bitch ends up in the games then I'm fucking done with this franchise. I swear if she is in Resident Evil 6 then fuck Capcom. This is going from bad to worse. The only way I'd enjoying seeing Alice in the game is if we get to blow her fucking head off.
        WIN.

They just, don't get it do they?
        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

I was going to quote that very same thing, and screw it I'll do it anyways.

"I know for a fact that the last game, which is set in Africa and a warmer climate -- we influenced that with our last movie," he says. "So there is a kind of respectful collaboration going on, but it's taken eight years to really get to that point with Capcom. They're very protective, and rightly so. But I really hope we could perhaps [eventually] put Alice in a game and have a greater connection between the game and the movie, and really do that thing that everyone's talked about but no one has ever done."
          To which my reply is:

I'll never play another RE game again if that happens.
          Last edited by Smiley; 04-08-2010, 11:52 PM.

Comment

I wonder how many fans RE would lose if they put Alice in a game.

Comment

I think people need to calm down. Capcom hasn't put Alice in the games yet...I strongly doubt they ever will. People may say that the games have already included things from the movies (ie the laser room trap) but keep in mind that was the movie stealing first from the games' traps and stepping it up to something more "modern" and such. A gas trap like from the games wouldn't exactly work with a spec ops team probably equipped with gas masks. Yes, it was very moronic when it appeared in the game, but puzzles and traps have all but vanished from the series anyway. You can't blame that on the games when the company has been shifting towards a more action paced game series to keep it on par with other big name action games. Would it very much suck if Alice entered the game world? 99.8% sure it would.
              sigpic
              Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

You've really got to be fucking kidding me.

DO. NOT. FUCKING. WANT.

This would be horrid, if this were to fucking happen... this guy is clearly a moron and hasn't thought about the majority of people that buy these? (Sure, there are new players but the majority are the fans of the series, even though it's all about money now - I can see sales dropping a fair amount, aside from the morons purchasing it because it's "OMFG GAME OF MOVIES!!1!11!!", not counting the fan collector's of course as really - would most of the collectors want to play something like that?)

Oh dear, how much further will a cash cow go. I hope that the original intention that they remain separated stays, otherwise this series/franchise will continue it's slippery slope.

CrimsonElder, I normally hate seeing that word used - however, I completely agree with what you've said. As do I with Smiley.

I will never play a *new* RE game ever again if that shit was to fly and considering the current state of the new games... Although I hope it wouldn't happen - I wouldn't be surprised considering how much the cash cow is being milked.
                Last edited by Enetirnel; 04-09-2010, 12:08 AM.
                sigpic
                Non-blurry Signature Version
                Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                  I think people need to calm down. Capcom hasn't put Alice in the games yet...I strongly doubt they ever will. People may say that the games have already included things from the movies (ie the laser room trap) but keep in mind that was the movie stealing first from the games' traps and stepping it up to something more "modern" and such. A gas trap like from the games wouldn't exactly work with a spec ops team probably equipped with gas masks. Yes, it was very moronic when it appeared in the game, but puzzles and traps have all but vanished from the series anyway. You can't blame that on the games when the company has been shifting towards a more action paced game series to keep it on par with other big name action games. Would it very much suck if Alice entered the game world? 99.8% sure it would.
                  They haven't yet, but it doesn't make the thought comforting. Even Milla wanted to have her character in a game from an earlier interview.

Sure it starts out as a laser trap and then we move to Red Queen being in the game's canon and of course Jill imitating some of Alice's moves such as the thigh neck breaker. Little homages at the moment, and hopefully will stay that way.

Comment

Yeah sorry about the language but it really pisses me off how these movie dickheads are starting to take credit for the games. Like oh we gave them the laser scene. Do your research assholes, the laser scene in Umbrella Chronicles was one of the most slated scenes in Re history. Infact most things the games took from the movie have been bad. It's also annoying as hell how he say's maybe she should be in the games. Like its his decison? God I fucking hate these clowns. Enough is enough people stop supporting these goddamn movies because if they get any more success then is them taking over the games that impossible? Especially with Capcom saying they are considering rebooting the series. Is it so hard to believe they might introduce Alice? I dont think so, Capcom are that gullable. If this movie does well then I can see it happening.
                    Last edited by CrimsonElder; 04-09-2010, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                      They haven't yet, but it doesn't make the thought comforting. Even Milla wanted to have her character in a game from an earlier interview.

Sure it starts out as a laser trap and then we move to Red Queen being in the game's canon and of course Jill imitating some of Alice's moves such as the thigh neck breaker. Little homages at the moment, and hopefully will stay that way.
                      And Milla has nothing to do with Capcom. That's the whole point. I think Capcom officials are wise enough to know what fans do not want. People say fans bitched about not enough Jill being in RE5, and they got two extra Jill missions. I'm fairly certain the movie hate does not exist solely on this site and nowhere else on the internet.

And also...I never said the things that mimicked the movies in the games were good. In fact, they are all shit. And I don't think Jill was imitating Alice with the thigh neck breaker...pretty sure I've seen that in a few other movies and games too.

Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
                      Yeah sorry about the language but it really pisses me off how these movie dickheads are starting to take credit for the games. Like oh we gave them the laser scene. Do your research assholes, the laser scene in Umbrella Chronicles was one of the most slated scenes in Re history. Infact most things the games took from the movie have been bad. It's also annoying as hell how he say's maybe she should be in the games. Like its his decison? God I fucking hate these clowns. Enough is enough people stop supporting these goddamn movies because if they get any more success then is them taking over the games that impossible? Especially with Capcom saying they are considering rebooting the series. Is it so hard to believe they might introduce Alice? I dont think so, Capcom are that gullable. If this movie does well then I can see it happening.
                      Wow...unleash the rage much? Calm down. If you knew your history you'd know that RE4 had a laser scene before UC. I, personally, think the movies can rot in a cesspit, however, I respect the fact that there are people that enjoy them. You can be courteous enough to do the same.

The people that make the games aren't going to want to have foreigners coming in and telling them how to create their games. Plain and simple. In general, games based off movies are terrible. Capcom loves the RE franchise. They wont want to see it lose money.
                      sigpic
                      Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                        Wow...unleash the rage much? Calm down. If you knew your history you'd know that RE4 had a laser scene before UC. I, personally, think the movies can rot in a cesspit, however, I respect the fact that there are people that enjoy them. You can be courteous enough to do the same.

The people that make the games aren't going to want to have foreigners coming in and telling them how to create their games. Plain and simple. In general, games based off movies are terrible. Capcom loves the RE franchise. They wont want to see it lose money.
                        I reffered to the UC laser scene because I thought it was the lamest of the laser scenes. I didnt say anything about which one came first but thanks for trying to make me look stupid. I didnt slag off anyone for liking the movies. I am just stating my opinion about the movies. So YOU be courteous about my opinion.

Ok so you dont believe that Alice could be introduced to the games? Ok let's go back say 8 years and have this conversation about the movies. If I told you back when Resident Evil 3 had been released on the Ps1, they are going to make a bunch of movies but instead of Chris, Jill and Leon. They will star a woman named Alice who beats the shit out of Nemesis, Zombies, Dogs, Lickers and leads the series shadowing Jill, Claire and all other Re cast into background characters. You would have probably called me crazy for saying that back then. So dont be so gullable as to thinking this wont happen. Remember Res4 was nearly Devil May Cry, Would a Devil May Cry game be that far from a game with Alice in it? I'd say it would be pretty damn close.
                        Last edited by CrimsonElder; 04-09-2010, 12:59 AM.

Comment

And Milla has nothing to do with Capcom. That's the whole point. I think Capcom officials are wise enough to know what fans do not want. People say fans bitched about not enough Jill being in RE5, and they got two extra Jill missions. I'm fairly certain the movie hate does not exist solely on this site and nowhere else on the internet.

And also...I never said the things that mimicked the movies in the games were good. In fact, they are all shit. And I don't think Jill was imitating Alice with the thigh neck breaker...pretty sure I've seen that in a few other movies and games too.
                          When did I say Milla had anything to do with Capcom? I think you're missing the point if that's what you're trying to make my comment out to be. My point is the influence of the movies and the intent of the lead actress and filmmakers hasn't gone unnoticed when you see laser hallways and a red queen in the game's canon. As for the neck breaker move I don't buy it. Only Alice is known to do that in the RE movies and UC (with RE5 for good measure) has Jill perform the same defense move when cornered. Let's not sugar coat that adding more characters or elements from the movies is an impossibility.

Comment

The movies are too western-centric for Capcom to ever take more than a few things from, I reckon. They may make money over here but I have no idea what kinda success they had in Japan. I'm betting a relatively limited one. Capcom won't insult there home fans by giving them a re-disigned game aimed almost exclusively at a western audience, which is what a re-boot with the movie would be.

Capcom are smart enough to add in little details from the movies to give people who've come from the movies to the games some amsuement, but I don't think much more than that is likely. And remember, also, we don't know how much the movie minions took from Capcom that was planned and scrapped or was planned and hadn't shown up yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
                              even though it's all about money now -
                              But it's always about money. With every single movie and game we own.
                              Remeber, it is a buissness after all. With out the money non of us would be getting any of our favourite movies or game series.
                              You can't make them out of pure fan power. You need the money.
                              So if a certain franchise is making a ton of cash, the logical choice is to keep working with it to keep getting that money.
                              A prime example of that is the Halo series and the RE4 phone games and so on.

Not that i like the idea of Alice being in a game aha, hell no. I was just saying in general.

Also, i havn't seen so many curses in one thread before. xD
                              Last edited by Andyfer_Ruu; 04-09-2010, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X