PS3 HDD replacement mini guide.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 HDD replacement mini guide.

Feel the need to swap with the biggest HDD you can get?

The latest gaming news and reviews covering all aspects of the game industry such as xbox, playstation, gamecube, pc, xbox360, and more

So easy.... Absolutely brilliant

Comment

hm...but what about overheating? I thought that was always a huge ass problem with the xbox, as the insides melted because of the heat coming from a high capacity hard drive. Or is that because of increased rpm of the replaced hard drive?

Comment

well, nearly all the reports have said the ps3 only gets 'warm' , no real over heating issues (besides the incident at TGS , which only really happened because the console was put in an airtight space).

Comment

I know, but take the original XBOX for example. If you stick a huge ass hard drive in there, most say you should put in some mean fans to ciculate the air. I'm thinking something like that could happen here too.

Comment

PS3 uses Laptop SATA HardDrives. I imagine a PS3 will offer better cooling than any Laptop will.

Comment

The cooling system in the console is monstrous to say the least, and like CS said, it's a standard 2.5" HDD that Sony actually lets you swap yourself.

It really does need a fairly open space for proper circulation/cooling. Keep in mind that every component the PS3 has is larger than the 360's, so a more complex cooling system was needed.

Comment

Working...
              X