Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biohazard 1 Beta,08/04/1995 (read post #100)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm suprised MarkGrass didn't find it already it was only one address away from his weapon modifier address.
    I didn't bother trying to find a character mod (iirc)... and the codes I posted are 3 years old, now, so... (my interest has long past)

...how ironic, though, being one memory step away.

As always, excellent work, Kevstah.
    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• I recall to have seen a downloadable Model of the Coop Jill and Chris somewhere here on this board. Unfortunately I can't find the thread anymore. Does someone know where I can find it?
      Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred View Post
        I recall to have seen a downloadable Model of the Coop Jill and Chris somewhere here on this board. Unfortunately I can't find the thread anymore. Does someone know where I can find it?
        It was in a newspost.

Comment

• Alright, found the models with the help of the Wayback Machine
          Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

• I don't mean to revive a dead topic but...

Originally posted by Robert_Kendo View Post
            Are there any non-watermarked images of these and the co-op content available anywhere online? It would be for a blogpost I'm writing about of a Resident Evil 1 prototype, which I won't say much about. =)
            If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

• I think it should be noted that there never was a "co-op" build. Those early videos of Chris and Jill were just like the later section in the game where the partner character briefly follows you.
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                I think it should be noted that there never was a "co-op" build. Those early videos of Chris and Jill were just like the later section in the game where the partner character briefly follows you.
                A full-on 'co-op' experience sounded sketchy from way back. Any idea regarding story elements/scenarios concerning those particular co-op events that never made it to final?
                The horror is alive, the horror is expanding; living with the horror, can be demanding

Comment

• Does anyone have ISOs or PSP Eboots of the betas they would be willing to share?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.BioHazard View Post
                    Does anyone have ISOs or PSP Eboots of the betas they would be willing to share?
                    Right here:

Comment

• I wrote a write-up of this V-Jump build on my blog The Game Informant and the "remastered" 1995 footage I uploaded for YouTube. Formal topic ASAP.

Comment

• Originally posted by OKeijiDragon View Post
                        I wrote a write-up of this V-Jump build on my blog The Game Informant and the "remastered" 1995 footage I uploaded for YouTube. Formal topic ASAP.
                        You remastered it? it's full of deinterlacing bobbing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                          You remastered it? it's full of deinterlacing bobbing.
                          Thought it was the resulting nature of recording the VHS at 60fps. Sorry!

Comment

• Originally posted by OKeijiDragon View Post
                            Thought it was the resulting nature of recording the VHS at 60fps. Sorry!
                            Recording VHS footage at 60 FPS is a curious idea. Never really thought of doing that, but have been tampering with the idea of revisiting some of my old VHS tapes. Your equipment's totally doing a better job at grabbing the colors. My main issue was an incomplete profile for video conversion, so the profil itself made stuff a bit ... muddy. You seem to be using some sort of horrible pixelation/sharpening filter (or maybe it's your capture setup doing it 'cause you're forcing 640x480 or something on the source?) which heavily effects that actual quality/look of things (Kinda pointless to capture the full "feel" of VHS/analog playback at 60 FPS if the stream itself doesn't have the analog visuals/presentation preserved ... other than the odd tracking error and interlacing issue, anyway. You also seem to have a lot of tracking errors in some of those recordings. Don't think any of mine ever had that ... Were your tapes faulty/damaged or is it your system not being able to do solid tracking adjustments on the fly? (Maybe re-record those segments with manual tracking and then slice things together?)

Comment

• Lots of good questions Carnivol. It's actually been months since I've recorded these clips and it's only till recently I started uploading some on YouTube. Here we go:

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                              You seem to be using some sort of horrible pixelation/sharpening filter (or maybe it's your capture setup doing it 'cause you're forcing 640x480 or something on the source?) which heavily affects that actual quality/look of things (Kinda pointless to capture the full "feel" of VHS/analog playback at 60 FPS if the stream itself doesn't have the analog visuals/presentation preserved...) other than the odd tracking error and interlacing issue, anyway.
                              I've been recording at 640x480p60 with S-Video, taking that source and resampling(right word here?) it on Photoshop CS6 and outputting it at 1920x1080p 60fps with little problem. I recorded the clip (well, several VHS tapes actually) this way when I switched to a video recording software called AmaRecTV. I've also applied only a little bit of Unsharp Mask and Noise Reduction. Other than that, this was honestly the best I could do to make it as good as it could be and the footage we see was how I saw it on my TV before I uploaded onto YouTube.

I just recalled how many times I had to redo the re-rip process, across several days (for the Capcom 2000 tape, weeks) of my free time, over and over again, until I was just to be able to get the quality of the tapes that I wanted. It wasn't exactly what I'd call fun.

You also seem to have a lot of tracking errors in some of those recordings. Don't think any of mine ever had that ... Were your tapes faulty/damaged or is it your system not being able to do solid tracking adjustments on the fly?
                              The VHS tape itself is fine. This Panasonic VCR is what I play the tapes on and I would always check on the VCR headers itself to clean it with a piece of cloth. I seem to recall seeing an improvement, but not a big one. I do see this tracking error issue in many other tapes though... then again, I've read that VHS tapes do deteriorate over time and I've had this VHS player for almost 20 years. Of all the years spent watching Disney tapes on this thing in my early youth, it never really let me down (until now?). The remote I still have has a manual tracking adjustment function, but I always have to play with it until I see only just a minimal amount of error. I wish it could adjust automatically. If I missed something that should fix this tracking issue, I'd definitely love to hea----

(Maybe re-record those segments with manual tracking and then slice things together?)
                              Christ. I don't know.

Your equipment's totally doing a better job at grabbing the colors. My main issue was an incomplete profile for video conversion, so the profile itself made stuff a bit ... muddy.
                              I actually have another VCR. It's one of those Magnavox VHS/DVD combo players with S-Video and HDMI inputs that sold at Walmart overpriced. The colors and contrast actually came out worse on that thing, so I stuck to my Panasonic PV57670.

More thing I'd like to share, I had this horrible "ghosting" problem with previous software before but when I switched to AmaRecTV it solved all my issues. It could even record at 60fps with ease. I can't even keep messing with VirtualDub for the life of me.
                              Last edited by OKeijiDragon; 04-20-2015, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Are you sure you're actually recording at 60fps and it's not just recording at 30fps with every frame duplicated?
                                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Working...
                                X