Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biohazard 1 Beta,08/04/1995 (read post #100)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OKeijiDragon View Post
    I had this horrible "ghosting" problem with previous software before but when I switched to AmaRecTV it solved all my issues.
    That's a curious one. Ghosting like that either appears due to a deinterlacing error (wrong frame order being joined) or because of improper framerate conversion (telecyne) (Like a 23.97 reel being converted to a 29.97 VHS). the VHS release of Super Mario Bros - The Great Rescue of Princess Peach suffers heavily from this shit, iirc (every "filler" frame is a horrible ghost mess, but in motion it looks fine -- technically, filtering out that shit should be possible, so it might be what AverMedia is doing ... not sure. Would be curious to test if I get a new setup made in my new studio)
    Last edited by Carnivol; 04-21-2015, 06:03 AM.

Comment

• My Blackmagic Intensity Pro always captures at 60fps, using duplicate frames to achieve it. It's an extremely counter-productive method of recording. You can easily resolve it however through AviSynth, using the "AssumeFPS(30)" function. It automatically deletes duplicate frames and brings it back to a natural FPS.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
        Are you sure you're actually recording at 60fps and it's not just recording at 30fps with every frame duplicated?
        I just double-checked the source video file. Technically, it's actually 59.94FPS. I set the framerate to 60FPS on Photoshop. The video "deinterlacing bobbing" occurs before the importing though.
        If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

• Originally posted by OKeijiDragon View Post
          I just double-checked the source video file. Technically, it's actually 59.94FPS. I set the framerate to 60FPS on Photoshop. The video "deinterlacing bobbing" occurs before the importing though.
          The source video actually being 59.94FPS seems very unlikely, it sounds like you just recorded at that and the capture device filled in the rest with duplicate frames. It was most likely 23/25/29FPS natively.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Hey peeps. So I uploaded a video about the earliest known leaked Resident Evil 1 prototype dated Aug. 4, 1995, with room number IDs documented and a brief tour of the mansion and its differences. With closed captioning commentary. Hope you like.

Comment

• So I've also rediscovered some hacking codes that allow you to play as either Jill or Barry in that RE1 proto I posted above:

It's been a while since they were reported when the proto surfaced, but eh. I wonder what that sound is when Barry dies...

Comment

Working...
              X