Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biohazard 1 Beta,08/04/1995 (read post #100)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Robert! Thanks for sharing

Comment

• All the info shared is awesome. Robert, perhaps you could get in contact with Enrico here and he can reskin Jill for us using the white costume ;). I know he makes lot of DIY skin for RE2 on PC, so perhaps he could do this for us?
      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• i dont know if he would do it,and i dont know if its allowed to send him the files!!

Comment

• Anyone watch Stallone's Assassins the other day, the guards have simlair badges on their uniforms, I think.
          Last edited by kevstah2004; 05-28-2010, 03:14 PM.
          If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• it seems that its possible with a hack to play jill in this game!!

Comment

• There's a slight chance that the early Jill model from that scrapped co-op mode still works in game, since the texture file is still there!
              (I don't know if the model is there as well, but who knows for sure?)

Edit:
              Since this build won't see a community release anytime soon...

...all we can do is guess.
              No code can be hacked for a game that is not available!
              Last edited by Upaluppa; 06-15-2010, 03:00 AM.

Comment

• Nice Robert! Any chance you chance you can share more info on playing as Jill?
                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• There is no "playing as Jill"

Comment

• He said it could be possible with a hack, so I was asking if there was an update to this. I'm sure Jill's model is in there somewhere....
                    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                      He said it could be possible with a hack, so I was asking if there was an update to this. I'm sure Jill's model is in there somewhere....
                      What kind of update did you expect?

Footage of Robert_Kendo playing the game as Jill?
                      Like he said, it should be possible to play as Jill with a simple memory hack!

But that doesn't mean that such a code has already been hacked...
                      I am sorry if this brought up any false hopes...
                      Last edited by Upaluppa; 06-15-2010, 03:06 AM.

Comment

• It all depends on how much of the engine was coded. It may be possible to memory hack the beta so it loads in Jill instead of Chris (though good luck finding the 00 that relates to the Player/Scenario) but if Jill's Scenario, lets say for arguement its load code is 01, is coded to use Chris's model, then it doesn't matter if you switch the player, it'll still be Chris.

Comment

• nothing is impossible..i am sure that its not possible to play the jill from the coop modus,but its possible to play the normal jill in this beta version.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enrico Marini View Post
                            It all depends on how much of the engine was coded. It may be possible to memory hack the beta so it loads in Jill instead of Chris (though good luck finding the 00 that relates to the Player/Scenario) but if Jill's Scenario, lets say for arguement its load code is 01, is coded to use Chris's model, then it doesn't matter if you switch the player, it'll still be Chris.
                            I was really just thinking about the "Unlock Jill's Scenario" code for the Biohazard 15 Minute Demo when I was posting this...
                            That code kind of removed the demo restrictions from the title screen/scenario select and allowed the use of the load game and Jill's scenario options.

And then there's also the possibility of finding a character swap mod which simply let's you play with Jill's model.

But to be honest, there's not much of a point in suggesting ways to hack the game if we don't have access to it. I don't even know how much of a difference this build really makes when it comes to memory locations of common things like the used player character, equipped items etc.

Things like saving/loading, a menu screen for items, chests and so on where not implemented in this version, so the memory probably shows huge differences in comparison to the Trial Edition and the final game...
                            Last edited by Upaluppa; 06-15-2010, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• Wow nice update! Thanks for showing some of this!
                              http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                              http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                              Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
                                What kind of update did you expect?

Footage of Robert_Kendo playing the game as Jill?
                                Like he said, it should be possible to play as Jill with a simple memory hack!

But that doesn't mean that such a code has already been hacked...
                                I am sorry if this brought up any false hopes...
                                Not so much a video but maybe confirmation of being able to hack the game to load the model, like an action replay or hex editing job.
                                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Working...
                                X