Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biohazard 1 Beta,08/04/1995 (read post #100)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks.good to hear this.i hope that i can show more infos about some other betas too..we will see :-)

Comment

kendo it's bad that you can't release it, but also it's good that you are kind enough to release lots of info about it - this is the big difference beetwen you and the psx museum guys who are teasing us with 1.5

also talk to enrico and markgrass - maybe they will help you find new models
      for player (jill, chris and who knows maybe gelzer and dewey) that will modify
      to work with re2 pc - it will be wery cool - think about it !

Comment

Originally posted by Robert_Kendo View Post
        i know that some guys payed a lot for this game...i hope that nobody wants to release this version..
        ok,i made a video.it shows the death of chris killed by every monster!!

EDIT: new video,showing chris weapons:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJgTqoqnjJ4
        why would't you want anyone to release this beta if they have a copy,isn't that being alittle selfish don't you think?
        Last edited by BrionIrons; 05-24-2010, 03:59 PM.
        sigpic
        www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

Well it just sucks how majority of us have been waiting since 1998 to get ahold of a rare beta, and whenever someone turns up with a copy they decide to never release it. It's greedy and selfish, there's no excuse as to why they cannot be released.

I can understand why someone wouldn't release a game if they had to pay lots of money for an original copy of it, but the fact that SOME of these people merely have ISO's of the game that they probably pirated in the first place doesn't excuse anything.

Yes I appreciate that he's sharing the files with the community, but how about getting ahold of an ACTUAL copy of a beta for once? The same thing has been happening with RE 1.5 for an entire decade. People turn up claiming to own the game, all they do is release footage and various files but never release it.

If you're paranoid about releasing it you can:
          - Hide under a proxy.
          - Release it to hundreds of friends or people and hope that one of them uploads it.

I have a friend of mine who claims he knows someone who has Resident Evil 0 beta for the N64, by luck if I ever acquire that beta and post a topic showing off videos and decide not to release the game I'm sure people here would be pissed too.

Also I doubt anyone else would release any of these. Everyone always says "it'll turn up eventually" but the years pass by and they never do. That's why Bioflames never accomplished anything. Sure they have great footage and information about 1.5, but the main goal of the community was to play the game. However, it was to no avail.

Comment

I do agree with you but it is Kendo's decision.maybe down the road he could talk to the owner of the beta and come to an agreement to let people play it.
            Last edited by BrionIrons; 05-24-2010, 06:42 PM.
            sigpic
            www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

Originally posted by BrionIrons View Post
              I do agree with you but it is Kendo's decision.maybe down the road he could talk to the owner of the beta and come to an agreement to let people play it.
              Yeah, if he managed to get a copy, then maybe we could get one as well. I doubt Robert got his for free and I'm perfectly fine with handing out money for a CD-R of this beta. Even if it isn't the original disc, my PSX could still play it.
              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Robert here is just giving the community what info he can, and that's awesome, so he damn sure doesn't deserve people jumping on him! Morons who think hiding under a proxy will help shield your identity when leaking something like this just don't know enough. Not only are digital watermarks in the code itself a factor, there's also the factor of the people who have access to these things know who they're sharing what with and if something leaks they'll have a very good idea who did it and cease trading with them. If there isn't a threat from the watermark and the trader gives permission to share, then great, but there are a lot of things to think about before that. There was in the past someone that had a copy of RE0 for the N64 and was intending to share it and that idea alone on the net led to a lot of difficulties for them. Rumor has it the person who leaked the Bio2 beta was known and dealt with by Capcom, leading to him being placed on an industry blacklist. These things aren't as simple as "hide behind a proxy".

Robert, you're doing an awesome job sharing all this info with us, i hope you can keep it up!
                Last edited by rewak; 05-25-2010, 12:41 AM.

Comment

^ And I still think sharing info and not releasing something is considered a tease, which is what this guy is doing. Nothing will change my opinion about it.

I'm no moderator or admin, but if I was this thread would be locked. I have to obviously go for the forum idiocy here (rewak), since majority rules like everywhere else. I'll just keep my fucking mouth shut from now on, it doesn't do any good anyway to be the voice of truth.

This community will NEVER, and I repeat NEVER get ahold of any rare beta. Because of how greedy and fucking stupid some people are.

Moderators, go ahead and give me an "infraction". I really don't give a shit. I'm done here.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert_Kendo View Post
                    i know that some guys payed a lot for this game...i hope that nobody wants to release this version..
                    Why would you hope that nobody wants to release it? No offense, but that sounds very rude. There is a big difference between someone who wants to release something, and someone who just simply can't release something. There ARE people who have paid a lot for prototypes and betas, and have leaked them. Although I do understand your situation regarding the beta. You are not the original owner, and you don't want to get anyone in trouble. I can appreciate that. It's just that it sounds like, from what you just said, that you don't want anyone having the beta. Personally, as I said before, I could care less about this beta, since it's just some minor things, and I'm much more interested in 1.5.

Originally posted by Robert_Kendo
                    yes,thats right more or less and i am not the owner of the original disc and i think its not good for me if i would share this game!
                    I understand and respect your decision. I wouldn't want to get anyone in trouble either. But that being said, if you happened to obtain 1.5, you wouldn't release that either. So what good is it whenever somebody obtains a damn beta and won't leak it?
                    Last edited by RetroRain; 05-25-2010, 02:27 AM.
                    My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                    ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

So, you folks would rather that;

- Robert gets into legal trouble.

- He spends a decent amount of cash to get something for his personal collection and then looses that cash by releasing it.

- Looses access to the people willing to sell betas so he can no longer get them himself.

All so you too can own a beta...and you fuckers dare call HIM selfish? He's sharing as much information as he can without fucking himself over but, oh no, it's not enough and he's evil for daring to tell us stuff like this. He's not given us his stuff. Yeah, it would be awesome if we could all get. Like as not we will eventually. And yes, I am disappointed that I'm not getting a copy myself. But at least we're getting more bits of information and that's better than a kick to the balls.

Comment

Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
                        ^ And I still think sharing info and not releasing something is considered a tease, which is what this guy is doing. Nothing will change my opinion about it.

I'm no moderator or admin, but if I was this thread would be locked. I have to obviously go for the forum idiocy here (rewak), since majority rules like everywhere else. I'll just keep my fucking mouth shut from now on, it doesn't do any good anyway to be the voice of truth.

This community will NEVER, and I repeat NEVER get ahold of any rare beta. Because of how greedy and fucking stupid some people are.

Moderators, go ahead and give me an "infraction". I really don't give a shit. I'm done here.
                        Boy, someone here sure enjoys slinging shit.

You lameasses antagonize this person as if he's plotting to stab us or something. He has good, valid reasons for not leaking this ISO to us, of which I respect. From what I can tell so far, he isn't necessarily a "Curator" character here, either.

If you ask me, I'm quite happy with all the material he's released to us all. Especially if all there is in this particular beta is very little to demonstrate (which I can tell is actually just a very few rooms (the BBS Room Image files are like more than a dozen!), one single music track playing, one playable character, and very little interaction), then I think just ripping all the small amount of data in that beta disc and showing complete walkthrough videos is actually better then just full blown leaking a ISO, that's just me however.

Thank you very much once again Robert for showing us this beta. I'm sure you've made other people here very happy!

EDIT: I just noticed something. On said leaked material that Robert Kendo provided, I took a look at some of the folders, specifically the STAGE1 folder, and I noticed on the Date modified column it says 7/12/1995. So couldn't this beta actually be referred differently than a "August 4, 1995 beta"? I'm just being nit-picky here.
                        Last edited by OKeijiDragon; 05-25-2010, 03:15 AM.
                        If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

The other point here to the complainers, is he owes you nothing. At the end of the day what does your complaints have to do with him providing details let alone a copy for your selfish need. Had he not even made the topic with the information, you'd know nothing about people actually having it and therefor you wouldn't care about not having a copy in your possession.

Comment

I learned long ago when you have something rare fall into your hands you keep quiet about it. Its hard sometimes when you want to say something and share stuff but cannot so try to just drop little hints but at the end of the day the hate and flak you end up getting if you are open about it usually just isn't worth it, the rarer and more wanted the worse.

Is usually a stipulation attached anyway and some of us are good on our word.
                            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Ye all yield to the Heroes of the Internets!

Woah-hoah! This thread's turning into an awesome e-thug fest like no other.

Darkmoon, Rombie, OKei, and rewak have all pretty much covered most of the stuff I'd like to say for now. So I'll just let you guys re-read their most recent posts and try to figure out what that is.

Originally posted by OKei View Post
                              EDIT: I just noticed something. On said leaked material that Robert Kendo provided, I took a look at some of the folders, specifically the STAGE1 folder, and I noticed on the Date modified column it says 7/12/1995. So couldn't this beta actually be referred differently than a "August 4, 1995 beta"? I'm just being nit-picky here.
                              The main exe was compiled on 04 / 08 / 1994 (Aug 04 1995).

If you don't have a version number to go by; you go by the most recent file on the disc (which in most cases is the game's main executable), as this gives you the best indication of when the latest update to the data on the disc was made (+what was updated)
                              Last edited by Carnivol; 05-25-2010, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                                - Robert gets into legal trouble.
                                I still think the best way to stay out of legal trouble is not pitching duplicates of copyrighted material.

Comment

Working...
                                X