No announcement yet.

New RE Afterlife Screenshots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally built up the courage to properly look at the trailer and I'm very underwhelmed and whats all this about the greatest 3D technology, who the hell lists that as they're top priority?

"Sure they plot, characterisations, setting, atmosphere, relevence, tension, action, et all were crap but it did look like the executioners axe was coming RIGHT OUT at ME at one point (!)"

Still look on the bright side peeps at least if Milla and Anderson are crapping up the RE series they're too busy to get into too many other films eh? That's gotta be of some relief right?
    sigpic

Comment

I really don't see a point of you people complaining about the movies, If you want it to be better why don't you do it otherwise stop complaining about every little thing about this one movie.
      Last edited by ZodiarkEclipes; 06-03-2010, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZodiarkEclipes View Post
        I really don't see a point of you people complaining about the movies, If you want it to be better why don't you do it otherwise stop complaining about every little thing about this one movie.
        Sadly, most of us don't have several million to shoot our terrible, terrible hentai fanfics. If I ever secure funding then, sure, I'm pretty damned sure I can do the RE movies better. Until I do, though, the best I can do is point out the many, many shortfalls of the current set of movies in the tiny hope someone on the team will notice and point it out to Anderson...who will go into a wild killing rage at the idea that not everyone adores Alice as much as he does which ends with him arrested and the movie in the hands of someone who isn't sleeping with Alice.

Comment

Sadly, brothers and sisters of THIA, but the armagedon is near. I mean, honestly, it was incredibly hard for us to stay alive after the 3rd movie, but now... there's just no hope. 3D RE movie, about a world full of zombies, that is controlled by the Umbrella corp ( I still can't see any reason in controlling the dead world, espesually when you are almost dead yourself) and THE EVIL FAT WESKER as it's leader, am I the only one that thinks he looks even worse than he did in the extinction? Lot's and lot's of ALICE, and almost all main characters from the games... that's just sad.
          Oh, and since I was under the Rock for the last year, can someone answer me this, the dude from prison break, is he a Chris or Leon, cause bold Leon is something I was dreaming since the release of RE4)
          "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

No, he's skinny Chris. Bald Leon would ruin my theory that his personality slowly vanishing through the games was actually his hair, now a brain eating parasite, growing longer and more dangerous.

Comment

Oh yes, the emo-hair parasite that gives super-ninja powers but slowly eating your soul, but still it's a movie created by Anderson's sick mind, we can still see some some bold Leon cameo there)
              "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                Sadly, most of us don't have several million to shoot our terrible, terrible hentai fanfics. If I ever secure funding then, sure, I'm pretty damned sure I can do the RE movies better. Until I do, though, the best I can do is point out the many, many shortfalls of the current set of movies in the tiny hope someone on the team will notice and point it out to Anderson...who will go into a wild killing rage at the idea that not everyone adores Alice as much as he does which ends with him arrested and the movie in the hands of someone who isn't sleeping with Alice.

You have a point on that my point is why exactly have people complaining out of their opinion when they will do is keep on and on making them... I mean such as putting a game and movie together...that would actually cause to a point for getting more money then us all on here...I mean I have a site of my own but the only games that should be complaining on is DSC, UC, And RE4 since they all had bad ratings.

Comment

Funny, I always see that excuse on forums. Simple answers: we are the viewers NOT film makers with millions of dollars as a budget.

Comment

You have a point on that my point is why exactly have people complaining out of their opinion when they will do is keep on and on making them... I mean such as putting a game and movie together...that would actually cause to a point for getting more money then us all on here...I mean I have a site of my own but the only games that should be complaining on is DSC, UC, And RE4 since they all had bad ratings.
                    It's all about personal opinions, at the end of the day. So long as you don't insult others with your views and they aren't something stupid (racist, sexist, homophobic, etc) you're fairly free to talk about them on here. So when threads appear like this people will voice there negative opinion of the movie, and some will voice there positive...things tend to only start getting heated when one side says the other side can't say mean/good things about the subject.

Also, I'm pretty sure RE4 got some pretty good reviews. And reviews are just peoples opinions anyway. Lots of people love RE4. True, I personally think it's one of the worse Resident Evil's (as a Resident Evil...as a random action game called, say, Evil Residents it would have worked fine) but if some mad man wanted to bitch about RE2 then they can, even though they clearly need to be committed to a hospital and dissected to find out what terrible insanity they have and if it's contagious.

Comment

the only games that should be complaining on is (...) RE4 since they all had bad ratings.
                      Excuse me, but what? o_O

Many RE fans don't like this game for what it's done to RE games and because its story was silly and over-the-top (that is, more silly and over-the-top than stories in previous games ), but as a game itself RE4 is viewed by many gamers as one of the best action games ever. The game scored many perfect or near perfect scores in reviews and won many awards.
                      Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 06-05-2010, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Hilarious! Since when did RE4 get so bad in ratings. I haven't seen the UC and DSC though I think your whining on the ratings is really funny. Stop dragging people in your point of view in games. You ever heard of the word "free" to discuss or "opinions" of others, know those things it will help you haha.
                        Last edited by Guest; 06-05-2010, 09:36 AM.

Comment

It's all about personal opinions, at the end of the day. So long as you don't insult others with your views and they aren't something stupid (racist, sexist, homophobic, etc) you're fairly free to talk about them on here. So when threads appear like this people will voice there negative opinion of the movie, and some will voice there positive...things tend to only start getting heated when one side says the other side can't say mean/good things about the subject.

Also, I'm pretty sure RE4 got some pretty good reviews. And reviews are just peoples opinions anyway. Lots of people love RE4. True, I personally think it's one of the worse Resident Evil's (as a Resident Evil...as a random action game called, say, Evil Residents it would have worked fine) but if some mad man wanted to bitch about RE2 then they can, even though they clearly need to be committed to a hospital and dissected to find out what terrible insanity they have and if it's contagious.
                          Honestly RE4 did had bad ratings but however if you haven't noticed...part of or no wait...half of that game is a rotation for Code Veronica same way in Code Veronica the game which claire did give out intel for leon about Chris's whereabouts but besides the point.
                          code Veronica, RE4, And DSC partly of it are all tied together...as for Paul honestly he has stated that out he has played the game and is indeed putting it more differently then the actual games come on...enough complaining I am sure eventually when you get your own multi-millions of dollars you can do you own movies.

I don't complain about it because eventually the series is going to evolve more into something most of us will never expect anyways.

Comment

RE4 won way too many game of the year awards to consider it to have gotten poor ratings. The fact it did so well is the only reason the series continued. Game Informer gave it a 10 out of 10, GameSpot 9.6 out of 10, IGN 9.8 out of 10...it's probably the best reviewed of the whole series. Of course, it will have the odd bad rating by someone who likes a little plot and common sense with there shooting the shit of peasants, but as a rule it did very well.

I have no idea what you're on about with CODE: Veronica and RE4. The only link is Leon is in one and e-mailed in the other and they're featured in DSC, but on of the big weaknesses of RE4 is it's lack of connection to the the previous stories. The only thing linking it to the other games are the characters and there history, which bar Ada's history with Leon and Wesker being a manipulative asshole aren't terribly relevant. As I've said, called the game Evil Residents and change the characters name along with any mention to Raccoon City and no one would ever know it was meant to be an RE game.

And yeah, I'm sure Paul Anderson has played the games, or at least had them played while he was in the same building. Honestly? That does not bode well for the new movie. Anderson managed to take the relatively simple but good plot of RE3, tear out all the good and intersting points, add in more crap focused on Alice and bend the shreds of story from the game so they also focused on Alice. I hate Apocolypse with a firey passion. And now he's doing the same with a game with much more complex story that involves a good knowledge of the previous games to get most of the impact...? Yeah. This will not end well. It's clear that exactly the same thing has happened. All the plot elements that made RE5 interesting look to have been scooped out, both by Anderon's back story involving the world being dead and by Alice once against being thrust as heavily as possible into the limelight, destroying any chance any other character will have of doing anything worthwhile.

And I complain about the games, too. I've been pretty vocal in my opinions of how then series is changing, why I feel it's a mistake in the long run for Capcom (The series was a big fish in small-ish pond as a horror title...as an action game it's a tiny fish in the oceon with a lot of much better made games as sharks) and how I would have done things differently myself. The series will change....but honestly? I doubt there are many surprises in it's future. RE6 is going to be a heavy action game, as Capcom decide the financial let down of DSC means no one wants horror elements anymore. The hardcore fanbase finally gives up caring while more modern fans won't be impressed because it won't be action enough. Declining sales make Capcom change the game up heavily, which may or may not work well enough to get a few more games out of the cash cow, but one it's dry Resident Evil is shelved for a few years until everyone forgets why we got annoyed and Capcom does a re-invention of the series.

See - Most video game franchises.
                            Last edited by Darkmoon; 06-06-2010, 01:08 AM.

Comment

RE4 won way too many game of the year awards to consider it to have gotten poor ratings. The fact it did so well is the only reason the series continued. Game Informer gave it a 10 out of 10, GameSpot 9.6 out of 10, IGN 9.8 out of 10...it's probably the best reviewed of the whole series. Of course, it will have the odd bad rating by someone who likes a little plot and common sense with there shooting the shit of peasants, but as a rule it did very well.
                              I find it funny that there is the actual need to clarify that.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat.../residentevil4

Anywhoo... I'm not following this film at all. Not reading any news or related articles that much. I think I've only seen the first and second film. And only because I wanted to know why ppl hated them so much (more so the 2nd one). I have yet to see the third one.
                              Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                              sigpic

Comment

What I want to know is why do they keep fucking up Milla's Hair? It looked fine in the first film but it gets progressively worse each film.

Comment

Working...
                                X