X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Payne 3 delayed...AGAIN

Date announced: June 8, 2010

Max Payne 3 has been delayed yet again.

Publisher Take-Two announced during its second quarter results that Max Payne 3 has been moved out of the company's fiscal 2010 year, which ends this October. The game was expected to ship during Take-two's 2010 fiscal fourth quarter.

The earliest Max Payne 3 can now ship is November. A Take-Two representative told IGN the publisher has no further announcements about the release date and would not confirm if the game has moved into calendar 2011.

The company re-confirmed that L.A. Noire and Sid Meier's Civilization V are still planned for release in its fiscal fourth quarter (August-October). Mafia II will be released on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC on August 24, 2010 in North America and on August 27, 2010 internationally.

Source: IGN Website
    Last edited by Guest; 06-08-2010, 10:19 PM.

As much as this news pisses me off...
    Shouldn't this be in the Max Payne 3 thread?

Comment

Yes and no, this is a game news about its head up after all and I was unaware of its topic existing but I already made the thread already haha.

Comment

I was going to say... this didn't really need it's own thread, you could have used the already existing one. I suggest the mods close this and you repost in there.
        Last edited by Rombie; 06-08-2010, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Yes and no, this is a game news about its head up after all and I was unaware of its topic existing but I already made the thread already haha.
          ^this

Comment

^ This

"Lightining = Today, 05:44 PM"
            "Rombie = Today, 05:44 PM"

Also "Search" maybe also a good thing to use sometimes. All I did to find it was put 'Max Payne 3' in there.

Last edited by Rombie; 06-08-2010, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
              ^ This

"Lightining = Today, 05:44 PM"
              "Rombie = Today, 05:44 PM"

Haha props on the comeback!

Comment

Even though you weren't aware, why would you think such news needed an entire topic?

Here's a suggestion: Why not create a topic about the delayed development of games in general...

Comment

Originally posted by 5 Minutes View Post
                  Even though you weren't aware, why would you think such news needed an entire topic?

Here's a suggestion: Why not create a topic about the delayed development of games in general...
                  No need for your suggestion nor would I want it. I already know it was my bad.

Comment

Has nothing to do with "your bad." Just friendly advice. Use it next time, ok.

But no need to discuss why the topic should have not been created, lets focus attention on the actual content. Take the floor Lightning and lead us.
                    Last edited by 5 Minutes; 06-09-2010, 12:02 AM.

Comment

I was going to say... this didn't really need it's own thread, you could have used the already existing one.
                      You do realize it was suggested already in this thread on posting it on the existing topic rather than making me making the thread. You don't need to remind it to someone once a user already acknowledges the first post with his reply which is mine.

No need for your suggestion nor would I want it. I already know it was my bad

Also I don't think I need to lead anyone regarding the topic after the off-topic posts anyway. Oh well that's that and all I am posting is a heads up on Max Payne 3 being delayed again.
                      Last edited by Guest; 06-09-2010, 12:09 AM.

Comment

The earliest Max Payne 3 can now ship is November. A Take-Two representative told IGN the publisher has no further announcements about the release date and would not confirm if the game has moved into calendar 2011.
                        Interesting, the Take-Two Rep's comment comes off as stand-offish as in, "It's going to be late in release, don't ask us anything else. Bye"
                        I'm sure I am misinterpreting that though. What do you think Lightning?

Comment

In all honesty I am not sure, after its 2nd delay. Reminded me of FF13 being delayed so much when it was supposedly released at 2009(forgot the then date announced at '09). You know when it comes to games it's announced date changes(some anyway). We'll just see in a near future let's just see if they will delay it...again or it is the exact.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning View Post
                            You do realize it was suggested already in this thread on posting it on the existing topic rather than making me making the thread. You don't need to remind it to someone once a user already acknowledges the first post with his reply which is mine.
                            Well 1) I was doing it to post the link to the already existing thread which clearly escapes your mental capacity to look for, 2) you're now replying to my original post a second time after already making comment about my comeback for apparently no reason. Which seems pointless, which unsuprisingly leads me back to my original comment, and also point 3) which is exactly what this topic is; seemingly pointless.

I'll ignore this fact and post in actual responce to the situation for you then if it makes you feel better.

How can anyone be surprised at this. Had it been Remedy alone making this this this would already be expected, as they live by "when it's done" but as it's not them having anything to do with this - but it is Rockstar/Take Two trying to make a re-invented follow up to the first two - I kinda expect they're going to have to take their time with this to make sure it comes out correctly. And to do that, delays will happen.
                            Last edited by Rombie; 06-09-2010, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Well 1) I was doing it to post the link to the already existing thread which clearly escapes your mental capacity to look for, 2) you're now replying to my original post a second time after already making comment about my comeback for apparently no reason. Which seems pointless, which unsuprisingly leads me back to my original comment, and also point 3) which is exactly what this topic is; seemingly pointless.

I'll ignore this fact and post in actual responce to the situation for you then if it makes you feel better.
                              Nah I always feel better no matter what the circumstance in the internet haha. And besides your post I quoted was directed to 5min. when I said this...
                              Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
                              How can anyone be surprised at this. Had it been Remedy alone making this this this would already be expected, as they live by "when it's done" but as it's not them having anything to do with this - but it is Rockstar/Take Two trying to make a re-invented follow up to the first two - I kinda expect they're going to have to take their time with this to make sure it comes out correctly. And to do that, delays will happen.
                              I am thinking they hype it even more and try to get money out of peoples pockets when they can. Though it is such a pisstake on these delays on games when they announce the anticipated first release date. I was relieved when FF13's release date was finalized though took too long. Though what really ticks me off is max payne is old, bald(nothing wrong with it but not really max payne-ish), and fat and not too mention slob-looking haha.
                              Last edited by Guest; 06-09-2010, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X