Mortal Kombat (Reboot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortal Kombat (Reboot)

Warner’s just formally announced Mortal Kombat for a 2011 release on PS3 and Xbox 360. The game’s being developed at NetherRealm Studios, under the leadership of series creator Ed Boon.

Watch the trailer here
    Press Release

FATALITY
    Last edited by aris13; 06-10-2010, 09:42 AM.
    sigpic

So does the story continue after Mortal Kombat Armageddon for this upcoming Mortal Kombat in 2011?

Comment

It doesn't seem so. Notice that one of the stages is the Shan Tsung room with the old Shang Tsung himself siting on a throne.
      It rather looks like something between MK2 and MK4.

EDIT: On the other hand, there's Kira imprisoned in one of the backgrounds. She's from MK: Deception, so... maybe it is a sequel to that game.
      Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 06-10-2010, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Gonna be honest, but I was never a fan of Mortal Kombat, even after being sit down and shown the game. Just didn't catch my interest, but for some reason, this is and it's awesome!

Comment

Looks like Reptile is back in his ninja outfit. FUCK YEAH!

Comment

The Kung Lao fatality looks painful. You know, getting sliced in half starting from the balls...
            But I still think that it needs a bit more blood from hits. So far looks good.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

As long as Sub Zero gets his 'decapitate + hanging spine' Fatality back, I'm game. Oh, and it'd be nice if Scorpion could have his 'rip off mask and spit flames at your feet and set you on fire' Fatality. Those were my two favorites from the ORIGINAL game.

Comment

Oh and Reptiles acid bath

Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 06-10-2010, 05:40 PM.

Comment

classic
                  i hope thay have gone back to a classic play and feel which the latest video suggests as its not a step down due to games like Marvel v Capcom 3

Comment

Looks promising! Can't wait to see Sonya! Cage seems to be asian this time :S

Comment

He looks to much like Mr.Feeze. He doesn't look right to be honest.
                      Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 06-11-2010, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                        http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1307/...f91a55da_b.jpg

He looks to much like Mr.Feeze. He doesn't look right to be honest.
                        I believe that's concept art from the movie trailer...When they flash at end
                        Sub-zero while talking to Scorpion in the interrogation room.

The game's trailer showing Sub-zero doesn't seem to look like this at
                        all...looking at it again.

EDIT: Perfect example - Beanovsky Durst's Avatar.
                        Last edited by Kaneco; 06-11-2010, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaneco View Post
                          I believe that's concept art from the movie trailer...When they flash at end
                          Sub-zero while talking to Scorpion in the interrogation room.

The game's trailer showing Sub-zero doesn't seem to look like this at
                          all...looking at it again.

EDIT: Perfect example - Beanovsky Durst's Avatar.
                          Yeah I know who it is. I'm saying he doesn't look like the regular Sub-Zero. He looks like Mr.Freeze from Batman.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                            As long as Sub Zero gets his 'decapitate + hanging spine' Fatality back, I'm game.
                            i think that your wish has been granted.

Spoiler:
                            sigpic

Comment

Looks like Johnny Cages head lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X