Finally! a decent backwards compatability article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally! a decent backwards compatability article

It looks like the wave bird does work after all. I think some people were moaning about the possibility of it not working. Well, that's it people, you can sell your GCN no problem for the most part, less you want to have broadband matches of MKDD or 1080 Avalanche, or use your GameBoy Player.

GBPlayer for the win! RE Gaiden is only fun when played through the GBPlayer

Comment

It's good they've done that, although it means the company won't be paid as much, which i don't understand. Surely they would want the public at large to buy as many of their products as possible, so it would have been a reasonably good idea to create a Wii-specific one, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
        It's good they've done that, although it means the company won't be paid as much, which i don't understand. Surely they would want the public at large to buy as many of their products as possible, so it would have been a reasonably good idea to create a Wii-specific one, right?
        A wii-specific what? Wavebird controller? Well, no, considering the wiimote is wireless already. Broadband adaptor? Well, it has WiFi already and it does have a usb LAN adaptor so no need for that. Gameboy player? I don't think they should really worry about that, considering most likely it would be a DSPlayer that they will pawn on us next

Comment

Oh yeah, hehe, i forgot about that.

Comment

For the price you'd get for a Gamecube these days, its not worth selling it anyway
            In town i'd get about £10 for one if i wanted to sell it, they only sell them for £20 now.

I'm a hoarder, so i'd just put my Cube away, back in its box next to my unused Resident Evil 4 Gamecube Console, and just use the Wii for playing my Cube games.

And web browser with the Wii is great news. Thats one feature i will definitely use. I'm a fan of web browsers for consoles. I still use the Dream Passport browser on my Dreamcast occassionaly now, and back in the day i used to use it everyday(and Dreamkey for connecting to DreamArena). The Planetweb browser that they got in the US though was a joke

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber_Shinobi View Post
              For the price you'd get for a Gamecube these days, its not worth selling it anyway
              In town i'd get about £10 for one if i wanted to sell it, they only sell them for £20 now.

I'm a hoarder, so i'd just put my Cube away, back in its box next to my unused Resident Evil 4 Gamecube Console, and just use the Wii for playing my Cube games.

And web browser with the Wii is great news. Thats one feature i will definitely use. I'm a fan of web browsers for consoles. I still use the Dream Passport browser on my Dreamcast occassionaly now, and back in the day i used to use it everyday(and Dreamkey for connecting to DreamArena). The Planetweb browser that they got in the US though was a joke
              Wow, where are you? Here they are selling at £40 used.

Comment

Try Gamestation, they sell them for about £30 used with 4 games, or £49.99 new with 1 new game(Super Mario Sunshine or Mario Kart). Places like Cash Convertors and Cash Generators sell them for £20.

And why i'm at it, Wavebird controllers are £7.98 brand new in Gamestation in the sale, got one today. Bargain

Comment

Okay, thank you. I'll look there next time i go into town.

Comment

Working...
                  X