• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Trailer
    Gameplay Montage

Kotaku Impressions
    IGN Preview

Although the game is in very early shape we came away really impressed with the precision of the new swordplay. Having a crazily accurate sword is the sort of thing the Wii was built for and we couldn't be more excited to play more. Rest assured Zelda's gameplay absolutely cuts Red Steel 2's swordplay to pieces!
    Last edited by aris13; 06-16-2010, 03:18 AM.
    sigpic

Looking forward to it and I'm glad the issues in the demonstration seem to have been a result of interference and not the game's/console's fault.
    Last edited by DarkMemories; 06-15-2010, 05:16 PM.
    A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

Yeah, it's a shame about the demonstration but at least it works well in the demo booths. I really love how they've gone for a midpoint between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess for the graphics.

Comment

Legend of Zelda: Hybrid heaven

Looks great. Hope it plays great too.
        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm still betting they'll release actual sword/shield peripherals. >_>

Comment

Watching the gameplay video relieved my concerns even further. There's only about a fraction of a second delay between the guy's movement and Link's. Much better than the awful lag we got in the Shiggy demo.
            A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

Originally posted by BBboy20 View Post
              I'm still betting they'll release actual sword/shield peripherals. >_>
              You mean you have yet to see these?

Last edited by Pikminister; 06-15-2010, 09:21 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

hope it turns out better than Twilight Princess, but i doubt it. i'll still buy it anyways.
                Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

More details on Zelda: Skyward Sword:

1.- The 1:1 issue...

Shigeru Miyamoto promptly apologized for the technical difficulties Skyward Sword encountered on Nintendo's Press Conference floor. According to impressions from subsequent play tests on the show floor, the game in practice works much better than it did at the conference.

As they stated at the conference, Nintendo wants Skyward Sword's controls to feel as natural as possible with 1:1 sword movement. Using 1:1, Nintendo wants players to watch enemies and strike strategically according to their body movements.
                  2.- Gameplay details...

Skyward Sword will see a change in the pacing of Zelda in a more general way too. Aonuma said that for instance, when puzzles come up they won't break up the action at all.
                  3.- The Story...

The storyline in Skyward Sword seems to deal with a sort of dichotomy between a world in the sky and a world on the Earth. This game's new Link was born in a world above the clouds and discovers the existence of a lower world controlled by dark forces.

The Skyward Sword leads him there and transforms into the girl teased in the artwork Miyamoto showed at E3 2009, confirming a year's worth of speculation. This character will assist Link and players through the game similar to Navi in Ocarina of Time. Also, that sword eventually becomes known as the Master Sword later in the game. This seems to confirm previous speculation that Skyward Sword tells the story of the Master Sword's origin
                  Read more here: http://wii.kombo.com/article.php?artid=15919
                  sigpic

Comment

Well I'll be buying it that's for sure!
                    sigpic

Comment

Demo controls

sigpic

Comment

^^^^ Kotaku has an article related to that:

http://kotaku.com/5565733/how-to-con...-game/gallery/
                        sigpic

Comment

Zelda Skyward Sword 'a very core experience' - Miyamoto
                          sigpic

Comment

I have to say Im not really happy about the graphic alot i mean the whole idea of mixing Wind Waker and Twilight Princess's graphics together to make a water paint graphic aint really my cup of tea. I was not a lover of Wind Waker's graphic to cartoon it was alright for it's time but I was hopeing for the Twilight Princess's graphic but more on darker feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
                              I was not a lover of Wind Waker's graphic to cartoon it was alright for it's time

I'd say Wind Waker's pretty much as close as we've been to timeless graphics this gen (oops! Did I say this gen? I meant last gen... or did I?)

Spoiler:

Wind Waker's Art Direction is so timeless and gorgeous <3

Welcoming Skyward Sword with open arms for what its doing. (Besides, Twilight Princess had enough bloom for an entire generation)

Comment

Working...
                              X