Lost Planet Goodness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Planet Goodness

I'll admit, Ive been neglecting the site as of late. But I have a reason! I've been sucked into Lost Planet! The multiplayer demo was released not so long ago and Ive been hooked! So hooked infact that I've made two videos for your viewing pleasure.

The first one is a 20 minute video which centers around a small DM match I had. You can get a feel for how devious and sneaky you can be in a one on one match in this one. The second one showcases an 8 vs 8 match where everything goes. My team was losing hard up until the 75% mark where we made a massive turn around and beat the opposing team. Great stuff!

As usual you'll need an x264 decompressor such as VLC Media Player in order to view the videos. Save Target As!

[SIZE="4"]Video 1 - 212MB 640x360[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="4"]Video 2 - 284MB 640x360[/SIZE]

I've also been talking with IceDDZ on the future of the site. I wanted to hold off on announcing anything as concrete but were planning on starting over design wise with the site. We both agreed that it would be best if we had a change of scenery around here as well as the actual code which powers the site.

While were planning this the site will remain in normal operation as it has been for the last few years. Once the new design is thought out and we find time to actually get down to business you can expect a whole ton of videos to begin poping up on the site. That was of course one of our main draws, and you can absolutely expect that in the future.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 12-08-2006, 10:29 AM.

Excellent news Dot, and yes, the Lost Planet multiplayer IS addictive! I'm loving it too

Comment

Thanks for posting the vids. I can see how one would get hooked on such a thing - this looks like so much fun! I hadn't even heard of it until now. I showed my co-worker and best friend for many years, and now we're both on board to purchase this upon release. I don't have a 360 either, but I've been wanting one for Dead Rising and Xbox Live Arcade, and seeing this has pushed me over the edge. See you boys online in about a month!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
          QFT

Comment

How were you able to capture the gameplay footage like this?

Comment

He has a nice capture card. I have what I refer to as the ghetto capture card.

Comment

Is Lost Planet gonna have any co-op story/campaign type play available? I don't much like pvp stuff.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Borman View Post
                  He has a nice capture card. I have what I refer to as the ghetto capture card.
                  So the 360 was connected to a PC and the video was recorded & encoded directly? Am I understanding this correctly?

Comment

I think it works the same as a um.. i forget the name, but a cable that you can plug into a DVD recorder and a console, to video things. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
                      I think it works the same as a um.. i forget the name, but a cable that you can plug into a DVD recorder and a console, to video things. Right?
                      ya. Except in this case, you would be using a dongle with component in. right?

Comment

His is, yes. Cost him quite a bit as well ;) Mines only composite and svideo so that = cheaper

Comment

New one to capture HD is 1K But my vehicle just died so any plans on getting that now are on hold while I save up for a cheap car :p

Comment

Dot, have you played the map Dilapidation? Very good map. I prefer it to Pirate's Fortress actually. =D

Comment

?? Is that in the single player demo? The one with the caves and such?

Comment

Working...
                              X