Resident Evil Revelations Debut Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, they realllllly redesigned Jill didn't they o.o

Looks like a good game, has a really dark feel to the trailer which is promising. Can't wait to see more.

Comment

You guys really think Jills look that different? Chris is almost the same, but I never really doubted that the woman was her. In the last part she looks very similar to the RE5 model.

Comment

Originally posted by padamibr View Post
        You guys really think Jills look that different? Chris is almost the same, but I never really doubted that the woman was her. In the last part she looks very similar to the RE5 model.
        I knew it was her, I guess that most of the fuss regarding Jills appearance is that Capcom cant ever seem to leave it alone, she has changed more times than just about every character in the series combined.

Comment

Am I the only one who has no faith left in this series? Time and time again, we get excited over these games and they end up falling flat for the most part. I.E. Umbrella Chronicles, RE5, Darkside Chronicles. They haven't really shown us anything recently to restore our faith and give us good reason to get excited, other than the 'Resident Evil' nametag.

I'll approach this the same way I did the RE5 DLC: expecting it to be a big piece of shit. That way, I can only be pleasantly surprised. Regardless, I'm hoping this is a sequel that will put Chris and Jill into retirement for good, rather than a prequel. And I'm also hoping that their uniforms are just placeholders and that they'll be getting new ones for the full game. I think it's silly that they're wearing the same outfits from Lost in Nightmares.

Also, Jill looks to really be packing heat in this one(oh, joy):

An assault rifle/light machine gun with a combat knife/bayonet attachment? Riiight.
          Last edited by Vector; 06-22-2010, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LVL100 Merchant View Post
            And seriously, HUNK? I know he was in the screens
            USFU Uniform != Hunk.
            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I am very impressed with that trailer on showing what they can do with the 3DS (if gameplay will look similar to the cut scenes, with less rendering due to resources, it's still a mighty impressive achivement). Also I like the feel to this game; dark and mysterious to what is going on. Hopefully the enemies will be menacing this time around.

Comment

An assault rifle/light machine gun with a combat knife/bayonet attachment? Riiight.
                What's the problem with this?

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie Fred View Post
                  I am very impressed with that trailer on showing what they can do with the 3DS (if gameplay will look similar to the cut scenes, with less rendering due to resources, it's still a mighty impressive achivement).....

This video shows what the chip behind the 3DS can do:

YouTube video:

Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jagger916 View Post
                    What's the problem with this?
                    Remember when Resident Evil games didn't force a full arsenal of weapons down your throat and actually made you try to conserve your ammo, giving you an extra feeling of danger and tension?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                      Remember when Resident Evil games didn't force a full arsenal of weapons down your throat and actually made you try to conserve your ammo, giving you an extra feeling of danger and tension?
                      I remember being given the option to pick up or not all that ammo and weapons lying around in barrels or boxes or whatever.

Heck, I could try and beat the game with a knife. Lets hope Revelations doesn't take that option away.
                      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                        I remember being given the option to pick up or not all that ammo and weapons lying around in barrels or boxes or whatever.

Heck, I could try and beat the game with a knife. Lets hope Revelations doesn't take that option away.
                        You get punished if you don't upgrade your weapons/pick up ammo. The earlier games didn't give you that option, hence, tension.

Comment

You can blame the casual gamer crowd for that one. They'll get bored if you can't start a game with a weapon that functions as an assault rifle, shotgun, bayonet, grenade launcher, motion sensor, and sniper rifle all in one.

Gone are the days of scavenging for ammo or exploring for health pick-ups. In most games nowadays, your health regenerates automatically! Granted, we don't know where this game (or series) is headed, but I grow tired of all the new linear crapfests that are being praised as "great games."

But enough ranting. This game looks like it might be cool, if done correctly. No upgradable weapons, no linearity, no quick-switch inventory (I liked RE4's), and lots of exploration. I was glad to see HUNK in the trailer.
                          Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

I didn't know a bayonet attachment on an assault rifle was such a departure from this:

and this:

featured in RE3.

Comment

So uh.. the guy sitting on the chair tied up isn't Chris at all... not by voice or the brief shrouded closeups of his face when he's talking. He just has the same looking hair from the top.

Comment

Considering Umbrella was gone before the BSAA was formed, among with many departments shutting down, it's easily Hunk. No doubt about it. He will always be known for that trade mark uniform so Capcom is just following with that (and his ties and background with Umbrella should be interesting on what it would relate to this chapter) background.

Comment

Working...
                                X