Resident Evil Revelations Debut Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zombie Fred View Post
    Considering Umbrella was gone before the BSAA was formed, among with many departments shutting down, it's easily Hunk. No doubt about it. He will always be known for that trade mark uniform so Capcom is just following with that (and his ties and background with Umbrella should be interesting on what it would relate to this chapter) background.
    Perhaps Umbrella training when dealing with BOWs have become a habit for him?

Comment

Keep in mind guys that this is a handheld- so the models have a lower polygon count. I'm seeing Jill virtually the same as I saw her in RE5.

The difference I do see though is the absence of face mocap, evidence being barely noticeable facial movements (compared to RE5), and the lips look robotic for the most part.

I am glad to see HUNK make a return to the main storyline. As big as HUNK's popularity is, we rarely know of his origin or even his real name. Perhaps Revelations is based on him, with Jill and Chris as blown up cameos. That makes more sense from a story standpoint then having a full fledged CHRIS/JILL fancy.

That being said I'm also a little agitated at the fact that it's HUNK returning, and not "bigger" characters- namely Rebecca, Barry, Claire, Sherry. Yes I know his actions at Raccoon City largely impacted the series. Yes I know his Rockfort Island origin. He's just so... damned boring. When I first saw his little cutscene in RE2, I thought "meh".
      I'm a little surprised at his popularity, but then I realised it's moreso based on a subtle 'nod' to old school fans (see Tofu in RE: DSC, or even HUNK himself in RE:4).

If anything, I'm hoping for CLOSURE on said characters. Don't need any fancy cutscenes. An epilogue style explanation RE:3 style would suffice.

EDIT: I honestly doubt that is HUNK in the trailer. If that is indeed HUNK, I would humor myself in the fact that the modeling team didn't take the time to make a distinguished HUNK model.
      Last edited by let me live; 06-22-2010, 02:42 AM.
      REALDEMO

Comment

looks awesome!!!!
        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
          Remember when Resident Evil games didn't force a full arsenal of weapons down your throat and actually made you try to conserve your ammo, giving you an extra feeling of danger and tension?
          REmake was the only game to do this. The original RE1 and CV suggest you be a bit more thoughtful, but are still quite forgiving. RE2, 3 and Zero however literally weigh you down with more supplies than you can kill monsters with. I mean, Resident Evil 3 gives you a fucking gun that shoots timed-detonation landmines that stick to enemies (and I think they even home in as well), and you're complaining about a rifle with a bayonet?
          Last edited by LVL100 Merchant; 06-22-2010, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BBboy20 View Post
            Perhaps Umbrella training when dealing with BOWs have become a habit for him?
            Well from the background information about Hunk already, we know he has a sense of pride (and perhaps loyalty?) considering how much was Invested in him when it come to operations with Umbrella. He was even given his nickname "Mr Death" so it would all add to his motives with Umbrella and his BOW experience. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has been contacted (ex-umbrella or other) to deal with the BOW problem. I am sure he doesn’t come cheap.

This is my opinion and understanding on him anyhow so other people here might have a different take to this.

Comment

Me: Baby, we never talk anymore! What's going on with you?

Resident Evil: Shut up woman and get back in your cage.

... Well, that's just how I feel when I know nothing. I won't even bother with speculation.

Comment

Wow. Capcom have an amazing marketing team!.

That was a very interesting trailer, I really cant wait to find out more about whats going on. Has Chris been infected with something? Whos the mysterious guy in the chair? Damn theres so much mystery .
                Also its good to see that zombies seem to be making a comeback

The guy in the chair really does look like Chris. His face shape is the same and his hair is identical. Then again that sure as hell isn't Chris' voice. Maybe some kind of clone? or a shapeshifter?
                Last edited by I_Am_Nemesis; 06-22-2010, 03:09 AM.

Comment

You get punished if you don't upgrade your weapons/pick up ammo. The earlier games didn't give you that option, hence, tension.
                  I specifically play RE5 and RE4 on pro with default non-upgraded handgun only, no inf ammo, no vests/guards, no health items for that sole reason: tension. The devs made the game(s) so you didn't have to pick up every single ammo/health drop or upgrade every single weapon to beat it.

I like to thinlthat the options for scare factor are still there, it just depends on how you go about with with playstyle.

Originally posted by LVL100 Merchant View Post
                  Resident Evil 3 gives you a fucking gun that shoots timed-detonation landmines that stick to enemies
                  Not to mention the annoying as hell ammo making tool, lol.
                  Last edited by let me live; 06-22-2010, 03:04 AM.
                  REALDEMO

Comment

I doubt it's Hunk, Hunk has white blonde hair.

Last edited by kevstah2004; 06-22-2010, 03:07 AM.
                    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Eh I'm slowly losing my faith in RE. Probably whats keeping me from liking it a bit longer is replaying the old games and I wanting know know whats up with the RE characters.

Comment

I think there's a few things meant to throw you off in that trailer.

Notice how you've got a Chris voice over when they show the guy in the chair at the start. Clearly giving you the impression that the guy in chair = Chris, but then *bam*, it's not Chris? *Bam* New voice and tricky camera abusage again. Then close up of a face, which could just as well be from a completely different cutscene or an entirely different character. Just editing meant to throw you off.

Interesting scenes in the trailer would at least be;

1. New tentacle monster (some sort of seaworms or a Squid BOW, maybe? Going by their designs, they at least look water related.)

2. Flooding inside "mansion" (I guess the boat might be someone's king sized yacht? Going by the look of the ship at the end, it certainly looks like a Cruise/Luxury Yacht, and not just a giant industrial ship..)

3. Jill & Chris battle scene w/Jill reloading Chris's gun (that's just fancy)

4. Hunk WRESTLING a zombie to the ground to then shoot it (Proving he's still the man)

5. A shaft w/explosion and Jill getting grabbed by *unknown* before she falls down the shaft (could this be the ship sinking/tilted?)

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
                        I doubt it's Hunk, Hunk has white blonde hair.
                        Not that I'm convinced it's Hunk (in the chair) either, but... erm... Jill had... well, if it was, it wouldn't be the first time someone's gone through a face lift, dyed their hair and had a little redesign action

Comment

Remember when Resident Evil games didn't force a full arsenal of weapons down your throat and actually made you try to conserve your ammo, giving you an extra feeling of danger and tension?
                          I remember fans bitching and moaning that some characters would go into hostile situations with only a handgun and called it stupid on the characters part.
                          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                            Not that I'm convinced it's Hunk (in the chair) either, but... erm... Jill had... well, if it was, it wouldn't be the first time someone's gone through a face lift, dyed their hair and had a little redesign action
                            Sure. Just look how Leon's hair changed colors in some of the games he was in.

It must be a Japanese thing... male characters coloring their hair.
                            Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                              I remember fans bitching and moaning that some characters would go into hostile situations with only a handgun and called it stupid on the characters part.
                              EXACTLY.

Comment

Who here thinks the most likely chances on Capcom spoiling most of the game in any upcoming trailers and footage until release? My bets are most likely! I think I am going to go on a media blackout this time around.

Comment

Working...
                                X